The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #5,491 of 9,131
Considering the cheapo little Sansa I had several years ago managed it, the fact that a £2000+ top-of-the-range 21st century DAP can't is rather embarrassing, both for the manufacturer and the person who bought it trying to justify the cost of it (not that I paid anywhere near that much, but that's not the point)...

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #5,492 of 9,131

Perhaps if it had been stopped for a few seconds but i would want to listen from the start to pick up the tread of the music again. Most music is designed to be listened to in one sitting isn't it ?

I'd rather not start a 30+ minute song from the beginning when I've reached halfway through and get to a place (i.e. my work) where I have to switch the player off.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #5,497 of 9,131
  Just tried the Denon music app installed on my iPhone. When the phone is not shut down and rebooted, it remembers where if left off in a song and resumes. When powered off and restarted the song starts at the beginning.

I can't speak for phones - never used one as a DAP, nor do I have the desire to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and not that I've ever owned one, but I'm pretty sure the iPod could also manage this simple task.

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #5,498 of 9,131
I can't speak for phones - never used one as a DAP, nor do I have the desire to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and not that I've ever owned one, but I'm pretty sure the iPod could also manage this simple task.

Don't take this the wrong way but ipod of old and apple now seems to be really making stupid choices with their direction lately... Maybe having your tracks segregated would be simpler? I know I don't expect this to be the end all be all but bought it for the ergonomics, ui, and sound quality. A few quirks is understandable as I don't think anyone could ever get anything right the first time.
I do wish they'd improve the ak software for Mac though as its really very raw.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #5,499 of 9,131
Don't take this the wrong way but ipod of old and apple now seems to be really making stupid choices with their direction lately... Maybe having your tracks segregated would be simpler? I know I don't expect this to be the end all be all but bought it for the ergonomics, ui, and sound quality. A few quirks is understandable as I don't think anyone could ever get anything right the first time.
I do wish they'd improve the ak software for Mac though as its really very raw.

No worries - I don't like Apple's products at all and never have done, so I've never owned an iPod and am only going by what I remember from demoing and friends' players.

Yeah, I know every player out there has its basic foibles, but this one took me massively by surprise because I've never known it to be an issue, as far as I can remember, on any MP3 player/DAP I've ever owned - every single one of them has managed it, so I guess I just thought that it wasn't even a feature, just a firmware standard along with play, pause, off, on, etc etc.  Obviously not.

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #5,500 of 9,131
I haven't used a card in my player yet. I have been only using internal memory.

Is it possible to move files from the internal memory to an card in the AK240 like you can on a phone ?  This would just make it easy to re organize..

Cheers

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #5,501 of 9,131
I haven't used a card in my player yet. I have been only using internal memory.

Is it possible to move files from the internal memory to an card in the AK240 like you can on a phone ?  This would just make it easy to re organize..

Cheers

Might not be possible. (Haha edited this reply) I tried moving back my files from my ak back to windows and mac folder just to test. But inside the ak there's no option to transfer. At least never discovered one.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #5,502 of 9,131
Hi,

I am using DBPoweramp to rip my CDs and then transfer to my AK240. I am trying to rip them so that artists starting with 'The' (e.g. The Beatles, The Doors, The Replacements) appear under 'B', 'D' and 'R' rather than 'T'. DBPoweramp has a feature for sort tags so that you can do this but at the moment they are all appearing under 'T' on my AK240. I don't really want to tag them as 'Beatles, The' if possible. Does the AK240 not have support for sort tags?

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #5,503 of 9,131
Hi,

I am using DBPoweramp to rip my CDs and then transfer to my AK240. I am trying to rip them so that artists starting with 'The' (e.g. The Beatles, The Doors, The Replacements) appear under 'B', 'D' and 'R' rather than 'T'. DBPoweramp has a feature for sort tags so that you can do this but at the moment they are all appearing under 'T' on my AK240. I don't really want to tag them as 'Beatles, The' if possible. Does the AK240 not have support for sort tags?

That's too advanced a feature for AK240's UI. :p

Oct 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #5,504 of 9,131
Hi,

I have recently bought an AK240, but having problems with the streaming facility. I keep getting a message to tell me the 1900 Port has stopped and to stop using the program. As I am not tech-savvy, I have no idea what this is about or how I fix it?
iriver's support is appalling. I have emailed them 5 times without receiving any response.
Hope someone can assist.

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #5,505 of 9,131
Must be your firewall, you need to add a rule to open up the port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back