confused_face_2.gif

Or do I think?
Who else heard this?

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,150 of 7,071

Edit-

PHOTO REMOVE DUE TO DUH.
blink.gif

See fix in later post.

Happily, this cable that had problems with other players for some reason, is working perfectly with this set up.  It fits perfectly in my pocket with the regular size Pico, while the Pico Power is attached to the CLAS/ipod classic set up.  Thus my Edition 8 is blissfully driven. 
biggrin.gif
  While the internal amp works well with the ES10 and the JH13's now, I like the extra umph that I get with the amp in line with a larger headphone, even if the ed8 is supposed to be portable.
edit-cuse the screensaver.  When i first got it i thought it was protective cover then realized it was a screensaver and reattached with some air pockets.  Doesn't really bother me when backlight is on.  I have the extras when this runs it's course but not sure where to get backups after that, that fit at least.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,151 of 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eide /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- can´t play direct from Spotify or other streaming services. Spotify is rumored to have lossless streaming soon.

Not read about this. But would also make me pause before paying a substantial sum for something non-Spotify compatible except as a computer dac. Spotify is great for demoing music before buying but then not everything is always worth buying so enjoy using it as a "radio" too

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2,152 of 7,071
Quote:

Not read about this. But would also make me pause before paying a substantial sum for something non-Spotify compatible except as a computer dac. Spotify is great for demoing music before buying but then not everything is always worth buying so enjoy using it as a "radio" too

Personally, I think Wi-Fi and apps such as Pandora and Spotify are non-essential on a Hi-Fi DAP. Actually, I'd rather them not be on the device due to space constraints and additional noise added. If you want such features stick to a consumer based media player or a cell phone. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #2,154 of 7,071
Quote:

Personally, I think Wi-Fi and apps such as Pandora and Spotify are non-essential on a Hi-Fi DAP. Actually, I'd rather them not be on the device due to space constraints and additional noise added. If you want such features stick to a consumer based media player or a cell phone. 

Agreed.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2,155 of 7,071
Quote:
256/320 kbps Wi-Fi streams?? No mang, we're talking about listening to high-resolution 24/192 files that you can easily tell the difference in a noisy subway train.
biggrin.gif

They also need to be either AIFF or WAV for the best sound quality.

What's noise? I never hear that when I'm out and about...

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2,156 of 7,071
Jul 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #2,157 of 7,071
256/320 kbps Wi-Fi streams?? No mang, we're talking about listening to high-resolution 24/192 files that you can easily tell the difference in a noisy subway train. :D

They also need to be either AIFF or WAV for the best sound quality.

What's noise? I never hear that when I'm out and about...

Nice. My original statement was a trick. You can't tell the difference. XD

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,159 of 7,071
Yes it is, didn't think about it just took with macbook on photo booth.  Never really found a way to flip them back around, even in iphoto.  

You can tell Photo Booth to auto flip the photos you take. I don't have my MacBook in front of me at the moment, but I think it's under the "Edit" menu.

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #2,160 of 7,071
Quote:
Nice. My original statement was a trick. You can't tell the difference. XD

I wish there was a way to convey sarcasm, but what I was trying to say is... more than likely if you are in the market for a high-end DAP such as the HM-901, DX-100, AK120 etc. you will already or are planning on buying some custom IEMs. You don't hear much of anything other than music with customs. Hence why I said... "what's noise?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back