The Astell & Kern AK120
Jul 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #6,106 of 7,071
I'm on a mac book pro there is only three folders that I see play list.system.and music.what is the main ak folder called.

I think you might be confused on the "main folder", what burtomr actually meant is to copy the hex file to the main AK drive. When you plug your AK to your mac, there will be a new drive pop up on your desktop, copy and paste the file into the "drive" icon. That will do.

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #6,108 of 7,071
Are those 3 folders part of the main folder for the ak

yep.  so what they are saying is you have:

/play list
/system
/music 

you need to move the hex file her so have

/ak120.hex
/play list
/system
/music

then when you unpulg USB it should see file and say updating.

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #6,109 of 7,071
I'm at work right now. I will try that when I get home and let you know if it worked.thank you so much for your help this has Ben driving me crazy.i don't know how these problems came about I used to drag the hex file to the drive for the ak and it would upgrade.what could have changed is beyond me again thank you hope this works.

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #6,111 of 7,071
OMG, I used a link a few pages back here to get what I thought was the 1.40 update, it was actually a downgrade to 1.21  
basshead.gif

It's now 1.40.......took longer than all the other upgrades, I think I started at 1.32 which was on when I bought it, and upgraded to each new release.

Tomorrow, it will be interesting when I ask my wife if she notices any differences after she listens to it LOL.........wanna bet the answer is nope.

Jul 23, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #6,112 of 7,071
This is really driving me nuts the hex file still will not load something has got to be wrong. It always worked before.if I open the ak drive it has the three ak folders in there play list. System. And music but they are not in a row there is hdtracks music folders and my aiff music in there also when I add the hex file it just sits there visible won't load

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #6,113 of 7,071
Finally did it firmware 1.40 loaded it was the hex file from iriver I went to some Japanese site and downloaded the zip file and it loaded first try.Thaks to all who gave really great info on my broblem.you guys rip

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #6,115 of 7,071
Few questions if that's ok?  Not really been following this player mainly due to price, but some of the special offers atm is making it more intriguing.

a)does this do gapless ok?

b)Will they drive a pair of sennheiser hd25-II's ok?

c)Is the price difference worth it over say the ibasso dx50 or sony zx1 (yes I know, opinion but hey)

d)Does this player play nicely with a mac?

Cheers

Jul 23, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #6,116 of 7,071
  Few questions if that's ok?  Not really been following this player mainly due to price, but some of the special offers atm is making it more intriguing.

a)does this do gapless ok?  YES

b)Will they drive a pair of sennheiser hd25-II's ok?  YES

c)Is the price difference worth it over say the ibasso dx50 or sony zx1 (yes I know, opinion but hey)  imo YES (nice used ones in the classifieds)

d)Does this player play nicely with a mac?  ask Tutter...
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #6,117 of 7,071

a)does this do gapless ok?

b)Will they drive a pair of sennheiser hd25-II's ok?

c)Is the price difference worth it over say the ibasso dx50 or sony zx1 (yes I know, opinion but hey)

d)Does this player play nicely with a mac?

Cheers

I will answer your question c) Yes it does, I feel it is sweeter in the way music is being presented as compared to the Sony ZX1.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #6,118 of 7,071
I have a Mac and have experienced zero issues with it and the 120. Very easy and simple to use I have found. It always shows up on the desk top and it is very simple dragging music folders over to it or to delete to trash anything on the player either on board or on the two Micro SD cards. Just remember to empty the trash folder otherwise you won't have the space available on the player or cards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back