The Astell & Kern AK120
Jul 27, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #6,136 of 7,071
Might have a bad song. I had this on first copy over and took a while to find culprit. I had to copy chunks at a time and scan as went along. Then when it froze I had about 30 songs to work through until found one causing problem. Once deleted I could scan while library. Fortunately I only had the one bad song.

Jul 27, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #6,137 of 7,071
  Just downloaded and installed 1.40. No problem during the process,
but library scan still freezes when it reaches the 1251 song.
The rest works flawless.

Can you not set the machine not to scan the library?

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #6,138 of 7,071
Yes I can, no problem.
I must say that I do not understand completely the purpose of the scanning.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #6,140 of 7,071
That is probably why I can't see ARTISTS or ALBUMS and have to go to folders to find everything in MUSIC.
Wow this little player has its small difficulties.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #6,141 of 7,071
Haha. Yeah. It's a pain and can be long job to find the bad song but only need to do once! Some others may know some better software to help find it.

If you scan X amount of songs successfully should add some to the songs/album/artist list.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #6,142 of 7,071
It's gonna work!
Thanks a lot.
I removed the 700 albums and I am adding now 50 at the time
and scan them.
After scanning they did show up where they have to.
So while this is a bit of work, I am very happy that it's worth doing.
Thank you for talking to me about this issue.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #6,143 of 7,071
It's gonna work!
Thanks a lot.
I removed the 700 albums and I am adding now 50 at the time
and scan them.
After scanning they did show up where they have to.
So while this is a bit of work, I am very happy that it's worth doing.
Thank you for talking to me about this issue.

No worries. Good luck and happy listening :)

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #6,144 of 7,071
Hi, I want to go balanced with my ak 120 titan.

Would like to know how to go about doing it.
I suppose I would need
1) a cable terminated with a balanced plug/are single ended and balanced cables the same, btw?
2) a balanced portable amplifier

Anything else?
Would appreciate a response.
Sorry if this query is so basic.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #6,145 of 7,071
Hi, I want to go balanced with my ak 120 titan.

Would like to know how to go about doing it.
I suppose I would need
1) a cable terminated with a balanced plug/are single ended and balanced cables the same, btw?
2) a balanced portable amplifier

Anything else?
Would appreciate a response.
Sorry if this query is so basic.
Presumably balanced DAP? i.e. no external amp? Give @Birdoffice of Mezzo Soprano/mezzanine.com a ping. See if he can help you there.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #6,147 of 7,071
  Appreciate the response.
Will be using an external balanced portable amp - alo -.

Ah that's my bad. My apologies as I didn't read your initial post correctly. I assumed you meant balanced headphone out of the AK120 Titan as such the recommendation to Phanom for the mod. However if  you're looking at coupling with an external balanced amp you could just :-

AK120 Titan -- mini-to-mini 3.5mm SE interconnect -- balanced amp (ALO, RSA, Cypherlabs) -- Kobiconn/RSA terminated headphone cables to your head/earphone

One thing to please note :-

1) balanced headphone using a balanced-to-SE adapter into a SE port of an amp is OK
2) single ended headphone using a SE-to-balanced adapter into a balanced port of an amp is NOT OK. You can damage your amp.

[Aside] BTW about my recommendation above with either Phanom/Mezzo Soprano or Vinnie/Redwine Audio modifications to the AK120, that's for full balanced :-
RW/MS-AK120 Titan -- 3.5mm TRRS balanced-to-Kobiconn/RSA interconnect -- balanced amp -- Kobiconn/RSA terminated headphone cables to your head/earphones

This would be fully balanced from the source all the way to the headphones. No phase splitters involved (hope I'm right about this!).

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #6,148 of 7,071

I will be using the alo rX mk b+ amplifier with the titan.
How would I connect to the amplifier, what cable is needed etc.?

As for the IEM cable (mh 334 FITEAR) is the SE and balanced cable the same except for the termination or
is the balanced a completely different type of cable? I am thinking of ordering the cable with balanced termination
from Moon. Hope my queries make sense!
Thanks.

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #6,149 of 7,071

I will be using the alo rX mk b+ amplifier with the titan.
How would I connect to the amplifier, what cable is needed etc.?

As for the IEM cable (mh 334 FITEAR) is the SE and balanced cable the same except for the termination or
is the balanced a completely different type of cable? I am thinking of ordering the cable with balanced termination
from Moon. Hope my queries make sense!
Thanks.

If you're not planning to do any modifications to your AK120 Titan, then a standard mini-2-mini cable would be sufficient (see in my siganture mini to mini quick shootout comparison). Meanwhile, as for the balanced FitEar cable you'd be looking for a FitEar kobiconn cable like this. Moon Audio should be able to make you one but ALO also sells (ready made?) :-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back