The Astell & Kern AK120
Mar 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #5,656 of 7,071
roll it back to ver 1.3, problems persist....
mad.gif

Even factory reset it still persisted !!

Iriver have to be responsible for this fiasco, after all this is 1k-ish player, I'm not paying my hard earned money for this piece of crap !!

Edit : Just send a pretty nasty email to Iriver. I had enough with this stupid bug. Not once, but twice both on 100 and now on 120

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #5,657 of 7,071
By Any chance do those rips play on your computer? 

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #5,659 of 7,071
This morning my AK120 died. He was only one week old. 

Seems to be the same defective battery issue than Student_driver reported. Battery was fully charged, but when I unplugged the cable the battery icon became empty and barred in red. Three minutes in my first flac, the music stops, some garbled text appears ("format not supported"), the player shuts down. Reset procedure is like doing mouth-to-mouth to a of wood log.

His beautiful anti-scratch case will join the ossuary of $1.5k players. Does AK usually give a replacement or borrows it and run "tests" for two months?

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #5,660 of 7,071
1. I have loaded WAV files that are ripped from dbpoweramp and they are all correctly tagged and with artwork. But when loaded in the player, it only shows the song name and no other information and also no artwork. But with similarly ripped ALAC's, everything is fine. Is this an inherent WAV issue or am I doing something wrong?

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #5,662 of 7,071
They have this silly limitation on artwork size.  Has to be under 300x300 cmiiw. But I do remember that I have quite a few disc where I got artwork as low as 150x150 but no artwork too. Not to be bothered to find it. The only thing that prevented me to put it on the sale forum is the Sq. It serves my basic needs only 

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #5,663 of 7,071
Anyone here loads WAV files in the AK with all the metadata showing? Artist, track name , album and artwork? How did you guys manage to do it?

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #5,664 of 7,071
Anyone here loads WAV files in the AK with all the metadata showing? Artist, track name , album and artwork? How did you guys manage to do it?

Nope that was never fixed. The Fiio X5 works flawlessly with that though. Not sure about album art showing but it is possible since the DX100 can show album art even on WAV. Using dbpower should allow for embedding artwork.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #5,665 of 7,071
  Well here is something interesting, i went to start to manually tag some of my music and opened an ALAC multi cd show.  The problem was the songs we're out of order so figured i'd fix it to start.  Guess what, they were tagged right.  They were tagged by disc and track perfectly but the ak120 must not see the disc number in the order because it is playing disc 1 track, 1 then disc 2 track 1, then disc 1 track 2 disc 2 track 2.  Are you guys going through all of your music and changing the tags to 1,2,3 order and just eliminating the disc number???….What!

edit-actually it is even worse, this is a three disc set so it is playing the first song of each disc then the second and so forth.  Really? I thought it was my tagging but now that i look carefully……..the ak120 doesn't read disc tags, they have to fix that! 

I find this extremely annoying as well... Track 01, Track 01, Track 02, Track 02, etc... 

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #5,669 of 7,071
  I find this extremely annoying as well... Track 01, Track 01, Track 02, Track 02, etc... 

Still no USB 3.0 Support for the DAC. I have no idea why. Ever since the AK240 came out, they've basically been ignoring the AK120. I hope this doesn't persist. 

Kojaku

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #5,670 of 7,071
When I had mine, I always used folder view for wav files and was satisfied as everything was there except photo but I understand wanting more in a premium player. I'd just use folder view with wav for now.

The USB 3.0 thing is a common problem with usb 2.0 DACs but at the computer side where the 2.0 compatibility driver is usually at fault. Try updating the compatibility driver and reading up on your particular model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back