The Astell & Kern AK120
Mar 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #5,626 of 7,071
I have loaded WAV tracks that i have ripped from dBpoweramp and the artwork is embeded during rip. I rip into two versions always, WAV and ALAC. The artwork does not appear with the WAV files but the artwork appears with the ALAC files. Help? 

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #5,627 of 7,071

I just received the RWA AK 120 B-Mod a few days ago. It is a beast. Definitely worth the spend. And that's going single-ended into an old Mark II amp. I can't wait to hear how it will sound when I save up some extra cash to get a balanced amp to take full advantage of the improved sonics. I was originally thinking of going with the ALO audio balanced amp but I appreciate the TH900 tip so I will definitely have to check that one out as well. Thanks for the input.

Congratulations!! It is a beast indeed... I tell you that the TH900 balanced makes it perfect...

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #5,628 of 7,071
So it seems you need a PC with iriver installed to fix this library issue. I used the rebuild library database function in iriver and it's working much better now. Aif files still aren't correct in the library, but everything else is.

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #5,629 of 7,071
I have a question about shuffle play.  I always listen on shuffle play.  I have over 2000 songs on my AK100.  What really bothers me is that my unit behaves like this ... it will turn on the unit at the gym on a Monday and it will play 20 songs during the hour that I am there.  On Wednesday, when I turn the unit back on it will play the last 6 or 7 songs it played on Monday.  It will play about 20 songs during the hour that I am there.  On Friday, same thing.  It will "remember" the last 6 or 7 songs it played on Wednesday and play them first, all this while in SHUFFLE mode.  So annoying.  Is there any way to get around this?

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #5,630 of 7,071
  I have a question about shuffle play.  I always listen on shuffle play.  I have over 2000 songs on my AK100.  What really bothers me is that my unit behaves like this ... it will turn on the unit at the gym on a Monday and it will play 20 songs during the hour that I am there.  On Wednesday, when I turn the unit back on it will play the last 6 or 7 songs it played on Monday.  It will play about 20 songs during the hour that I am there.  On Friday, same thing.  It will "remember" the last 6 or 7 songs it played on Wednesday and play them first, all this while in SHUFFLE mode.  So annoying.  Is there any way to get around this?

hello,

i do have the same problem as you, with my AK20 before, and now with my AK120 Titan.

sam

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #5,632 of 7,071
I have to figure out the best tagging program.  I have downloads that are legal from bands and they will come up but the tracks are totally out of order.  In the files that they sell you they have the order in the file name but on the AK120 they are totally out of order so you hear the opener, then the encore, then the first song of the second set ect.  This isn't just on two downloads, it is on thousands.  So even if i pull why unknown artist file, it wouldn't help because all over the place there are show and cds that have been input that are perfect except for the track number.  It wouldn't matter so much but i listen mainly to concerts so the order matters.  Perfect in iTunes/ipod but not here.  It is a bummer having to search files.  So i have Metadatics tagging but you have to know what is wrong and what files and i was told some program goes through all your files/scans and id's issues.  Anyone know what program that is?  

It would be sure nice to have this operating system work as well as it sounds.  If i could even combine the files instead of having to search each drive separately that would be great.  In fact, what an awesome software fix that would be, if they could combine the files somehow so you didn't have this issue, you could just go through the whole player instead of having to search each drive on its own.  Guess with the 240 you only need to search two drives instead of three…….

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #5,633 of 7,071
Well here is something interesting, i went to start to manually tag some of my music and opened an ALAC multi cd show.  The problem was the songs we're out of order so figured i'd fix it to start.  Guess what, they were tagged right.  They were tagged by disc and track perfectly but the ak120 must not see the disc number in the order because it is playing disc 1 track, 1 then disc 2 track 1, then disc 1 track 2 disc 2 track 2.  Are you guys going through all of your music and changing the tags to 1,2,3 order and just eliminating the disc number???….What!

edit-actually it is even worse, this is a three disc set so it is playing the first song of each disc then the second and so forth.  Really? I thought it was my tagging but now that i look carefully……..the ak120 doesn't read disc tags, they have to fix that! 

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #5,634 of 7,071

Yes i also found the shuffle is not really shuffle when there are too many songs on the list. I bypass this problem by manually choose some other songs at the beginning. The firmware still needs some fixes, however, i think they are now working on the ak240, rather than the 120...

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #5,637 of 7,071
So no one but me has CDs or downloads that are tagged with different discs playing tracks out of order because it following only the track number and ignoring the disc number, even when tagged right?

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #5,638 of 7,071
So no one but me has CDs or downloads that are tagged with different discs playing tracks out of order because it following only the track number and ignoring the disc number, even when tagged right?

I don't own an AK120 (yet) but I change the track numbers as a workaround for that issue with other DAPs.

The track numbers for CD1 are changed to:

101 Artist Name - Title
102 Artist Name - Title
103 Artist Name - Title

The track numbers for CD2 are changed to:

201 Artist Name - Title
202 Artist Name - Title
203 Artist Name - Title

...and so on.

I hope you don't have too many multi CD albums cos it would be a pain to change the track numbers unless you can automate it.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #5,639 of 7,071

Hey Dallan,
I have a ton of SACD rips that don't have any track numbers at all. I was going to try to fix them with 'Kid3' on the mac. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #5,640 of 7,071
What is "Kid3" ?  I have Metatag but it is hard to even identify a problem, i would have to go through all of my music on the AK.  I guess around 10,000 songs.  I thought it would be a pain to figure out all of the unlisted artist or unknown but to have to go through each song……...

I just can't believe that one of the software updates didn't include something to separate Disc 1 track 1 from Disc 2 track 1 instead of just reading track 1.  I kept thinking it was my tagging until i went in to fix it and it is there software.  I wonder if the AK240 has this issue too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back