The Astell & Kern AK120
Mar 12, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #5,551 of 7,071
Mar 12, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #5,552 of 7,071

dalian, when that happens, I would just switch off the AK120 and on again. That usually takes care of the problem. The AK 120 occasionally fails to read the card. Sometimes the card doesn't even show up. Plan B is to eject and reinsert the card. Hope that works for you the next time you come across this issue. 
beerchug.gif

My AK120 has not encountered this issue before. I am on firmware ver. 1.33.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #5,554 of 7,071

My AK120 has not encountered this issue before. I am on firmware ver. 1.33.

As am I, I believe. It is rare, I will admit. And not as common as in the older FW

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #5,557 of 7,071
Yep I still have them and still very much enjoy them. I also have the SE5 and very much enjoy those. Not really tempted to try too many other IEMs these days with the top 2 :wink:... I did recently spring for the JVC FX850s though being a dynamic driver fan also.

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #5,558 of 7,071
  Yep I still have them and still very much enjoy them. I also have the SE5 and very much enjoy those. Not really tempted to try too many other IEMs these days with the top 2 :wink:... I did recently spring for the JVC FX850s though being a dynamic driver fan also.

Between 1plus2 and SE5 which of them do you like more and why?

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #5,559 of 7,071

Between 1plus2 and SE5 which of them do you like more and why?

The 1Plus2 still holds the title for me in terms of resolution, detail, sound staging and especially the bass quality. The SE5 is still up there IMO but it's more of a colored sound, smoother with a thicker note weight & more forward mids. The SE5 has more depth to its sound but a narrower sound staging compared to the 1Plus2s grand sound staging. The SE5 would be the IEM I got to when I just want to relax and enjoy the music. 1Plus2 is like a trip to wonderland. Add the ubber cable and it takes the refinement, sound staging and tonality even further.... I added the gold cable to the SE5s and that really did build upon what was already there. Definitely more musical and even more 3D sounding.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #5,560 of 7,071
I just received my second hand AK120 from ebay and have to say that I'm blown away. Upgrading from a Rockboxed Clip Zip, the difference is astonishing! I'm using it with my UM Shure SE530x4 reshells and HD-25, and the AK120 is simply a joy. With CD ripped ALAC and FLAC the level of detail is fantastic, the soundstage even on the CIEMS is large and when I've played more Hi-Res material (Muse: 2nd Law 96/24, Radiohead: The King of Limbs 44.1/24) it really shines. I love the balance of the sound, the punch of the bass, the clearness of the high end. What an amazing player. True, the UI is a little clunky at times, especially with a large music library, but I really can't complain.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #5,562 of 7,071

dalian, when that happens, I would just switch off the AK120 and on again. That usually takes care of the problem. The AK 120 occasionally fails to read the card. Sometimes the card doesn't even show up. Plan B is to eject and reinsert the card. Hope that works for you the next time you come across this issue. 
beerchug.gif

As you can see in the first sentence of my quote i did turn it on and of several times as that usually fixes the problem.  I also did two lib scans.  In addition not only did i take out the sd cards but in addition i took them out a second time and switched slots.  On all occasions my computer could find and play the music through using the 120 as a drive but 120 could not find the files.  Problem was fixed by reloading effected files.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #5,563 of 7,071
  As you can see in the first sentence of my quote i did turn it on and of several times as that usually fixes the problem.  I also did two lib scans.  In addition not only did i take out the sd cards but in addition i took them out a second time and switched slots.  On all occasions my computer could find and play the music through using the 120 as a drive but 120 could not find the files.  Problem was fixed by reloading effected files.

Apologies for missing that, dalian. Vagaries of age and long sightedness when typing on a smartphone. 
blink.gif
 Hmm... that is indeed unusual then. I can't say I've head to resort to such drastic measures. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back