The Astell & Kern AK120
Feb 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #5,341 of 7,071
Analog Squared Paper TU-05 Match made in musical heaven!
biggrin.gif

I might have to try that one looked it up on line a portable with tubes what is not to like
Maybe the price?

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #5,342 of 7,071
Well, I must admit its not the cheapest out there for portable but when it comes to sound quality and musical involvement all of us that own them think the amp a bargain. If you wanted something smaller and hybrid then you should check out the 06'. I have not heard it but it is getting the same sort of reviews in terms of musicality and enjoyment. If I had to get rid of all but one of my components the TU-05 is the one that would stay.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #5,343 of 7,071
Well, I must admit its not the cheapest out there for portable but when it comes to sound quality and musical involvement all of us that own them think the amp a bargain. If you wanted something smaller and hybrid then you should check out the 06'. I have not heard it but it is getting the same sort of reviews in terms of musicality and enjoyment. If I had to get rid of all but one of my components the TU-05 is the one that would stay.

I'm very tempted

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #5,344 of 7,071
i am still stuck, i have no clue What i am doing wrong here.

i even went as far as reformatting my HDD on my laptop and reinstalled windows. when i go into a artist file, then go into a album, ALL of my tags are fine, they have the artist,track titles,albums ect

i first loaded everything with .wav then i converted everythnig over to .FLAC still when i put the artist files and folders onto the AK it still comes up unkown artist.

when i do it in .flac it does have artist in there, however lets say john mayer feat so and so....it list that particular song individual from the album its in. so i have multiple artist for just one song if the song is featuring anyone.

here is a shot of a open album, it has the song titles,album,artist ect is this right?

if anyone can help its really driving me crazy 

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #5,345 of 7,071
  i am still stuck, i have no clue What i am doing wrong here.

i even went as far as reformatting my HDD on my laptop and reinstalled windows. when i go into a artist file, then go into a album, ALL of my tags are fine, they have the artist,track titles,albums ect

i first loaded everything with .wav then i converted everythnig over to .FLAC still when i put the artist files and folders onto the AK it still comes up unkown artist.

when i do it in .flac it does have artist in there, however lets say john mayer feat so and so....it list that particular song individual from the album its in. so i have multiple artist for just one song if the song is featuring anyone.

here is a shot of a open album, it has the song titles,album,artist ect is this right?

if anyone can help its really driving me crazy 

Do you use a tag editor like mp3tag?  If not download Mp3tag  then make sure the artist tab is filled with the artist name  Had the same issue yesterday and after downloading Mp3tag and filling in the missing field in the artist section it works.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #5,346 of 7,071
To be honest it's much easier to navigate via folders. No matter how much you try sort out the tags it would never be like using an ipod. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #5,347 of 7,071
I must really be the odd one out on headfi. As much as I love music I never listen for more than two hours straight so battery life has never been a problem. Of course if your using it as background whilst working or studying I can see the point with battery life but then that begs the question why have a high quality DAP in the first place if your listening is as that as I know when I listen and work I am not really getting the full benefit of hearing all the subtleties as my mind is elsewhere. Often I just use my iTouch series one for things like that as the SQ matters less than battery life.

I tend to agree on this. I've pretty much given up listening to my music on the go because there are simply too many distractions where I can't fully enjoy the music. Plus I need to be fully aware of my surrounding because people don't know how to drive, or cross roads are the most dumb time lol.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #5,348 of 7,071

the tags look fine to me it has the artist, the song, the album, bit rate, ect ect ect? am i wrong, again i apreciate any help..

i am starting to believe that and just be done with it, its really too much, this is worse than ipod and i Fing hate i pod

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #5,349 of 7,071
i have wav files on my 120 titan and it doesnt display the artist when i play a song it only shows the song...i can of course access the songs on the album but only using the folder method...if i try to access the albums and artists using those folders nothing displays....when i used my WMA it showed all the info and displayed in the album and artist folder....i am willing to deal with this inconvenience because wav files sound so much better!

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #5,350 of 7,071
i have wav files on my 120 titan and it doesnt display the artist when i play a song it only shows the song...i can of course access the songs on the album but only using the folder method...if i try to access the albums and artists using those folders nothing displays....when i used my WMA it showed all the info and displayed in the album and artist folder....i am willing to deal with this inconvenience because wav files sound so much better!

Wav files don't have tags in them so AK120 wouldn't be able to display any information on the music being played.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #5,351 of 7,071

the tags look fine to me it has the artist, the song, the album, bit rate, ect ect ect? am i wrong, again i apreciate any help..

i am starting to believe that and just be done with it, its really too much, this is worse than ipod and i Fing hate i pod

The multiple songs for one artist is normal on the AK models. That's why I don't bother with viewing artist. I just use the folder view then select the artist from there.

Pain I know but hey it's all worth it for the sound quality. :D

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #5,352 of 7,071

yeah this is the same thing i am getting, my wma and when i right click on the songs in windows it gives all info, but not on the AK

i guess i will just have to deal with it, i refuse to listen to anything less than uncompressed straight ripped cd's, i guess it will just have to be whatever, because i have tried everything

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #5,353 of 7,071
Wav files don't have tags in them so AK120 wouldn't be able to display any information on the music being played.

I don't completely agree witih this beemarman. The Fiio X5 can read tags on WAV. That is for album artist, genre, etc. It probably can show album art on WAV if you imbed it into the file. There are ways to do this.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #5,354 of 7,071
  To be honest it's much easier to navigate via folders. No matter how much you try sort out the tags it would never be like using an ipod.

This statement is not accurate.  If your music catalog is tagged correctly  -- Artist, Albums, Song -- selection criteria options works just fine.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5,355 of 7,071

This statement is not accurate.  If your music catalog is tagged correctly  -- Artist, Albums, Song -- selection criteria options works just fine.

It works for me. I have 192Gb of flac and wav files on mine and no way am i going to check that all of them are tagged correctly. No matter how you tag them it's never going to be better than using an ipod touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back