The Astell & Kern AK120
Dec 23, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #4,831 of 7,071
Actual someone was mentioned on the earlier page. I not sure for stock, but valid for my RWAK120-B. SE had none of the issue for  forward, back forward or drag the track all work fine for 1.37. For Balance out, FW 1.32 having back forward issue and no sound when drag the track. Update to 1.37 only remain issue when drag the track, like what mentioned above pause and play it again sound come back. I'm using balance out with SR-71B i don't know if only happen to RSA amp or affect the rest as well.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #4,832 of 7,071
The issue is not <strong>&lt;&lt;</strong> and <strong>&gt;&gt;</strong> on the same track. The issue is will <strong>&lt;</strong> to go back <u>one</u> track from the current playing (or paused track). Example: Playing Track 5, want to go back to Track 4. Mine will not do this unless I hit pause first, then the <strong>&lt;</strong></p><p> </p><p>I don't think it has anything to do with FW1.37 vs 1.32 but that's where you come in....does 1.32 skip back a track or it just a fruckup with all FW's???

Yeah... I know of the tack skipping problem on 1.37 flagged it up further back. I am having trouble with loading albums to 1.37 so I reverted to 1.32 to see if the skip track problem in 1.37 is still there and if it might fix the problem with the files. 1.32 is fine for << skipping a track, still having problems with files. There was another problem with rewinding on 1.32 that stvc and others highlighted which is what I was talking about back there, similar but its not the same issue as 1.37. I can't reproduce the problem others have had with 1.32 and the rewind function.

Bit baffled by this album problem. Was fine before.

Sorry, editing went wrong.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #4,834 of 7,071
The problem for me was intermittent... it would not happen all of the time.

Shouldn't be the amp stvc... it only plays what it is given, have you tried replicating the problem with another amp or through a system? Sounds like iRiver has software issues with playback in general.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #4,835 of 7,071
Ok guys':

The TestSwitched between FW 1.32 and 1.37 and back again w/ same exact files & setup, etc. to test (only) Track changing ability and speed....

Results:

FW 1.32 works well responds immediately to screen and buttons. Track changes go backward and forward with equal speed and ability. 
biggrin.gif

FW 1.37 noticeably slower to respond to screen and buttons...sometimes no action at all....Track changes forward OK (but slower than 1.32), but does not change backwards without antics like pausing first. Total experience of FW 1.37 is noticeably sluggish and frustrating when navigating through tracks. 
frown.gif

Conclusion: I am sticking  with FW 1.32 because something is very wrong with FW 1.37. 
wink.gif

Comment: iRiver needs to fix their flipping FW to get better instead of the usual "fix one thing, but break another" pattern so far. 
mad.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #4,837 of 7,071
  Ok guys':

The TestSwitched between FW 1.32 and 1.37 and back again w/ same exact files & setup, etc. to test (only) Track changing ability and speed....

Results:

FW 1.32 works well responds immediately to screen and buttons. Track changes go backward and forward with equal speed and ability. 
biggrin.gif

FW 1.37 noticeably slower to respond to screen and buttons...sometimes no action at all....Track changes forward OK (but slower than 1.32), but does not change backwards without antics like pausing first. Total experience of FW 1.37 is noticeably sluggish and frustrating when navigating through tracks. 
frown.gif

Conclusion: I am sticking  with FW 1.32 because something is very wrong with FW 1.37. 
wink.gif

Comment: iRiver needs to fix their flipping FW to get better instead of the usual "fix one thing, but break another" pattern so far. 
mad.gif

Where did you download your 1.37? I have never experienced the issues you mentioned

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #4,838 of 7,071
Hmm I thought 1.37 was a bit more responsive than 1.32 in terms of overall UI though. Not a whole lot but it was smoother overall and slightly faster. I didn't stick with it long enough to find all the faults though.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #4,840 of 7,071
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #4,845 of 7,071
There is a solution (sort of): If you hit the 'stack-of-pancakes' icon it displays the files of the folder you are in and you can just press the track you really wanted vs. using the < and > buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back