The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #1,517 of 2,262
it's interesting to read about the connection issues. Perhaps I have been lucky but my 2.5mm plug on my toxic cables BW, SP, Virus and copper Venom have not given me cause for concern. I'm having my Tralucent Uber reterminated with 2.5mm plug. I expect it to be ok since I have not heard of any issues.

I think in most cases were not the problem but the plug or the socket and either one caused the problem.

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,518 of 2,262
  I think in most cases were not the problem but the plug or the socket and either one caused the problem.

What are you saying
confused.gif
 ....isn't it kinda obvious that it's the jack or the plug?

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,519 of 2,262
Moon Audio tech support responded as follows:

"The female 2.5mm TRRS jack in the AK240 is the issue. You will have to have AK replace with one with better tolerance. This has become a known issue with the AK players."

If they have known about this problem a notice on their site would have been welcomed.

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,520 of 2,262

"The female 2.5mm TRRS jack in the AK240 is the issue. You will have to have AK replace with one with better tolerance. This has become a known issue with the AK players."

If they have known about this problem a notice on their site would have been welcomed.

When did Drew @ Moon Audio mention this to you?

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,521 of 2,262

Hmm......not sure sure that answer isn't a bit biased to shift the blame, but I can already guess what AK will say...
cool.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #1,525 of 2,262

Ummm, doesn't "better tolerance" mean that plugs that aren't exactly the right size won't fit in the jack properly?  Doesn't this actually mean the problems are with the plugs not being precisely the right size - not the ak jack being the wrong size?

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #1,528 of 2,262

My initial impression of my AK240 and Westone ES60s is there are no deficiencies.
biggrin.gif

So the next step is to try out some hybrids and find out if there's any difference.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #1,530 of 2,262
  Nope. The next step is to drink champagne!
devil_face.gif

That's the right approach...... but... unfortunately you've already made the fatal mistake of registering and started posting on Headfi!!!

I did that when I bought the first batch AK120 and thought I find "no major deficiencies" with my TG334.   Some 2000 posts and gods know how much $$$ short later, I'm still finding deficiencies with my every gear thanks to HF.

"Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry for your wallet"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back