The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,311 of 2,262
would be able to share the patch notes or provide link for the same.

No problem, they were posted in this thread before (somewhere way back), but:

http://www.iriver.jp/information/entry_744.php

Just copy and paste the details section into Google Translate, it will read oddly but if you've spent as much time as I have using that service with Japanese web pages you kind of get used to it:

[Firmware update contents]
Applicable models: Astell & Kern AK240
■ Enhancements
NAS support for MQS: 1
(Access to the NAS in the same environment in via Wi-Fi from * AK240, it can be downloaded files and streaming playback)
The two lines displayed in the folder name long: 2
Ability to change the order of playback from a playlist: 3
When paired with the smart phone, it displays the phone number to AK240 body side when a call comes in with the Bluetooth: 4
5: MP3 VBR file playback, the display of "VBR · sample rate" in the bit rate / sample rate display part
Additional Language Russian, German: 6

■ Improvements other
- Improved operational stability

[Note]
■ Data in the body will not disappear, but just in case, important data, please back up always before upgrading.
■ free space on the player you will need more than 1GB.
※ FW is the update "OTA (Over-The-Air)" only.

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,312 of 2,262

Translation: Need 1gb free to upgrade

[Firmware update contents] 
Applicable models: Astell & Kern AK240 
■ Enhancements 
NAS support for MQS: 1 
(Access to the NAS in the same environment in via Wi-Fi from * AK240, it can be downloaded files and streaming playback) 
The two lines displayed in the folder name long: 2 
Ability to change the order of playback from a playlist: 3 
When paired with the smart phone, it displays the phone number to AK240 body side when a call comes in with the Bluetooth: 4 
5: MP3 VBR file playback, the display of "VBR · sample rate" in the bit rate / sample rate display part 
Additional Language Russian, German: 6 

Improved Improvements and operation stability of the other 

[Note] 
■ Data in the body will not disappear, but just in case, important data, please back up always before upgrading. 
■ free space on the player you will need more than 1GB. 
※ FW is the update "OTA (Over-The-Air)" only. 

<Product page>​

Wayyyyyy 4 pages back 
cool.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #1,313 of 2,262
  Wayyyyyy 4 pages back 
cool.gif

The other improvement wanted (for me) is a home button that can easily navigate back from whatever pages that I am in back to home page  

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,318 of 2,262
easy to miss if one doesn't read the manual ... and who wants to read a manual when we get our new toy!

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #1,319 of 2,262
  easy to miss if one doesn't read the manual ... and who wants to read a manual when we get our new toy!

Although I have read it but it was so quick and brief and never remember what it says LOL

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #1,320 of 2,262
  Although I have read it but it was so quick and brief and never remember what it says LOL

same here. fortunately, the UI is highly intuitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back