The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #631 of 2,262

Thanks, JmoonAK, for offering to help.

If you don't mind, can I ask is if there is any issue with use while charging? The reason I ask is that the battery life of the AK240 is not quite what it was with the AK100 and AK120 and, as such, conceivably for long flights we would have charge while listening.

I look forward to your reply.

I listen to mine with it charging all day long with no issues.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #632 of 2,262

I listen to mine with it charging all day long with no issues.

Thanks for your sharing your experience, Piercer. I actually do that when I fly because the battery life is less than ideal for longer flights. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #633 of 2,262
Hi all,

yesterday I received the following from Craig at Whiplash Audio

A beautiful 8 conductor TWAG V3 with a 2.5mm balanced TRRS connector for the AK240 and SE846's.

I listened to it a bit yesterday and can already tell that its now even more incredible than before. However I have a full day today of sitting, coding and listening - so I'll post some impressions tonight.

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #634 of 2,262
  Hi all,

A beautiful 8 conductor TWAG V3 with a 2.5mm balanced TRRS connector for the AK240 and SE846's.

I listened to it a bit yesterday and can already tell that its now even more incredible than before. However I have a full day today of sitting, coding and listening - so I'll post some impressions tonight.

congratulation for this wonderfull set-up

Question: do you prefer the  SE846  to the  1plus2   or other TOL cIEM ?

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #635 of 2,262

congratulation for this wonderfull set-up

Question: do you prefer the  SE846  to the  1plus2   or other TOL cIEM ?

I haven't heard that many TOTL (c)IEM but last year in Japan (when I bought my SE846's) I did also try FitEar ToGo 334's and several other brands which I can't remember. I wasn't going to buy IEM (wanted something bigger but still portable) but IMHO the best I heard were the FitEar ToGo 334 followed not too far behind by the SE846's and they converted me - I didn't think any of the others came close to sounding that big and mature.

If I'd had the money I might have got the 334's, but the price difference and the fact I could get them immediately meant I got the SE846's.

I love the SE846's, I think they are amazing, and so far am blown away by this balanced configuration.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #636 of 2,262

I haven't heard that many TOTL (c)IEM but last year in Japan (when I bought my SE846's) I did also try FitEar ToGo 334's and several other brands which I can't remember. I wasn't going to buy IEM (wanted something bigger but still portable) but IMHO the best I heard were the FitEar ToGo 334 followed not too far behind by the SE846's and they converted me - I didn't think any of the others came close to sounding that big and mature.

If I'd had the money I might have got the 334's, but the price difference and the fact I could get them immediately meant I got the SE846's.

I love the SE846's, I think they are amazing, and so far am blown away by this balanced configuration.

thanks for your answer.   But it looks like you have not heard so far the  1plus2 ?  right ?

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #639 of 2,262
Can anyone confirm the compatibility of either of the Sandisk 128 GB micro SD cards with the AK 240.?

The 128gb is not quite available here in USA yet (at least I haven't found them yet.  However, the 64gb works wonderfully and I am sure the 128 will do the same.  One thing to be aware of is the formatting of the card.  It is possible to ruin the card with the formatting software that comes with you computer depending on how it is configured.  It is recommended that you download the proper formatter (can be found here: "https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ " for best results.  My 64gb card worked for about a week and then could not be read without errors by the AK240.  I had to copy the music folder contents to the desktop, format the card with the formatter listed above and re-copied the music to the card, then re-inserted it back into the AK240 and was read without issue.  I have had to do this twice since I got the unit and am unclear if it is the issue with the AK240 or the card itself.  When the AK240 shows errors and continual reboots to attempt the read, I remove it and put it in and adapter directly into the PC and it reads fine, after formatting and re-installation of the music folder it is fine again.  I hope this helps.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #640 of 2,262
Quick question. Can the 240 recognize the disc number in a multi cd so that it plays all the tracks on the first before starting on the next? The AK120 plays all track 1 from each disk before moving to the second track on the first disc. This happens even with correct tagging, so being in the market for the 240 I was wondering if this problem is solved here or do you need to search by folders instead.-edit-maybe this should be on normal thread, sorry

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #641 of 2,262
Hi all,

Beautiful cable With TRRS 2,5 mm plug
Until now i havent heard how Good AK 240 In balance mode

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #643 of 2,262
Hi!

Does anyone know about connection scheme of balanced cable?
I have received one here and seems the connection is wrong.
It was done (starting from the end) +-/+-

I'll appreciate help a lot, soon I'll have a very long trip and I was looking forward to make aserious listeting with balanced output...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back