The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Mar 19, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #769 of 2,897

I had my telephone number laser engraved just in case I ever lost it.  We get around a lot together...  You might surmise that resale value isn't a great concern for me, and I hope to still have this many years from now!

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #771 of 2,897
I figured if I "marked" it, it would just be less desirable anyway.  The startup time, or lack thereof, makes this the only machine I care to deal with, besides the awesome sound quality.  Hopefully I won't leave mine, but few finders really want a simple yet excellent sound experience.  My iPhone6 gets Sooooo jealous!  I only listen to that when I am awaiting a phone call and even then it sucks.

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #773 of 2,897
Any universal earphones/IEM recommended for Tera?
FX1100,Ath-CK10 any good?

Don't know about those 2 but Tralucent Ref 1 are incredible with Tera. I know you like modded Koss Porta (I do as well) - but in my opinion Ref 1 takes Tera to yet another level up from that (I would not have believed it possible before I got Ref 1 - was hoping against all odds to get some IEM that's at least close to Koss so I'm still shaking my head in disbelief every time I stick Ref 1 into my ears).

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #774 of 2,897

Don't know about those 2 but Tralucent Ref 1 are incredible with Tera.... I'm still shaking my head in disbelief every time I stick Ref 1 into my ears).

+1

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #775 of 2,897
Is anyone with Tralucent Ref 1 coming to the Headfi meet in April UK?
I would love to try them with Tera to see if they go up my expectations.
Can the foam tips T100 work,and also are they comfortable to wear like Westone for long time?
Do they need burn in time, and last thing how is isolation?

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #776 of 2,897
Is anyone with Tralucent Ref 1 coming to the Headfi meet in April UK?
I would love to try them with Tera to see if they go up my expectations.
Can the foam tips T100 work,and also are they comfortable to wear like Westone for long time?
Do they need burn in time, and last thing how is isolation?

Someone in this forum recommended me the JVC Spiral Dot and this tip works perfectly on the Ref.1...love it.

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #778 of 2,897

I just got mine yesterday as well and they are perfect on Ref 1. Only downside was that it took 1 month to deliver from Japan to USA (ebay).

The other good thing of the JVC is that it sits very tight onto the Ref.1 and won't drop out like the Ortofon.

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #780 of 2,897
Ortofons will not "drop out" or come loose IF you put a small piece of shrink tube over the Orofon nozzle under the eartip so it adds grip to the Ref nozzle. They stay very tight and secure this way.

Thanks for sharingk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back