The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Dec 10, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #1,322 of 2,897
Not really no. I find your post quite disingenuous actually, especially as you're currently trying to flog this very Tera Player on eBay (UK).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Altmann-Tera-Player-Stealth-Edition-WAV-Audiophile-DAP-/151906579206?hash=item235e567306:g:iQgAAOSwT5tWLJ6M

If it sounds so good why sell it?!? 

Quote:
  Once you get to listen to the Tera  player, is hard to listen to something else. Don't you guys agree?
I just finished modifying the Koss Porta Pro headphones, and they sound very natural to me.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #1,323 of 2,897
Best Musicplayer there is, best there was and best there ever will be. No doubt about it.
wink_face.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #1,324 of 2,897
In your opinion, other former Tera Player owners would disagree with you though.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
  Best Musicplayer there is, best there was and best there ever will be. No doubt about it.
wink_face.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #1,326 of 2,897
My apologies for misconstruing your apt message!
beerchug.gif

Quote:

I am beeing sarcastic, Dude. I also can't stand the praising from musicday. He is just annoying.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #1,327 of 2,897
In life things move ,and the fact is: the Tera player sounds this good has nothing to do me wanting to sell it.
I remember you very well back in 2011 when you were praising it as much as i do,even if anything else out there come close to it,nothing managed to have same sound, portability, battery life and simplicity in operating the device even in your pocket.
I may sell it,i may keep it..That's how good it is and you know that really well.
Keep in mind that i have another high end music player and i heard many so i know what i am saying.
I know that you regret selling yours but you will not admit it.
I suggest you to relax,try to buy another one and let's meet for a meal and chat about anything you like.
Have a good day,
Regards Musicday.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,329 of 2,897
musicday I have absolutely NO REGRETS selling my Tera Player whatsoever so your assertion is patently wrong.

I'm proud to have ardently supported Charles Altmann when he was being unjustly criticised on Head-Fi for various perceived failings of the Tera Player (TP) by folks who didn't even own one, but there are a couple of important caveats worth mentioning. Firstly, my unequivocal support was when the TP was fairly priced at 840 Euros and not the patently absurd monies that he's charging now. Secondly, my support wavered as I realised that superior sounding DAPs were available for significantly less coin than the TP, thus I started recommending the Questyle QPR1 in the most recent thread as you'll no doubt recollect. :) 

Quote:
In life things move ,and the fact is: the Tera player sounds this good has nothing to do me wanting to sell it.
I remember you very well back in 2011 when you were praising it as much as i do,even if anything else out there come close to it,nothing managed to have same sound, portability, battery life and simplicity in operating the device even in your pocket.
I may sell it,i may keep it..That's how good it is and you know that really well.
Keep in mind that i have another high end music player and i heard many so i know what i am saying.
I know that you regret selling yours but you will not admit it.
I suggest you to relax,try to buy another one and let's meet for a meal and chat about anything you like.
Have a good day,
Regards Musicday.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,331 of 2,897
Smial1966- How does the Questyle QPR1 sound compared to the Tera?
Do you use headphones or earphones?
And i suppose from the Tera and the QPR1 both having same price you will chose the last,right?
The Questyle sounds great but the wheel is unbearable to me. Drove me crazy in a minute. The Paw Gold is easier to use.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,333 of 2,897
Out of curiousity I just took a first look at the photo of QP1R at their webpage and for the life of me can't understand how anyone can think this could be a Tera replacement.
It has a screen and looks completely unusable if it's in the pocket? And the wheel reminds of old ipods which is the last thing anyone should be trying to emulate as far as ease of handling is concerned.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #1,334 of 2,897
Well thanks to Smial1966's honesty about the so called 'holygrail' i am glad i didnt get sucked in to buying a secondhand Tera at such an exhorbitant price from a fellow head-fi org member. I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a QP1R having just sold my ak240ss for a very fair price on a well known site which paid for the QP1R and still had change left to purchase an ipad air 2 for other half for a Christmas present. Perhaps just looking at a photo isn't the right way to judge a new product and do the research instead as there are plenty of truthful reviews on the web about this player. As musicday says life moves on to give another inovation a chance to reap some praise like the tera.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #1,335 of 2,897
  Once you get to listen to the Tera  player, is hard to listen to something else. Don't you guys agree?
I just finished modifying the Koss Porta Pro headphones, and they sound very natural to me.

Sorry.  Cannot agree with you Musicday.

As a playback instrument, it has to reverse what have been recorded in the recordings.  

While I have the luxury to own both Tera and the AK240 at the same time over a year long period and had spent sufficient time to draw the conclusion that the AK240 is a better instrument to recover what have been recorded in the recordings (using Tralucent Audio's Ref.1 as the only IEM, with Tralucent's Uber and the silver/gold cables).  

Since my Tera was bought at some 900 Euros at the time of purchase, it deserved my ownership even though I've bought the Ak240 as they were at the different price points.  However, should any fellow headfier has to commit the current asking price, either new or pre-owned, I would suggest them to look elsewhere as there are other better players around either at North or South of Tera's current price point. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back