The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Apr 20, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #902 of 2,897
Thanks wow what a fast answer!

Now only the question about the output power like in XXX ohms @ XXX mW or a general Vrms would be fine for me.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #903 of 2,897
The Tera output power never been measured in mW as far as i am aware.
Now depending what you planning to use with it the power may be more than enough.
And there was or still is ,Tera V1 that is much louder, anyway get in touch with Charles he is very good at replaying all the enails.
Welcome aboard soon owner i hope :)

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #904 of 2,897
  Hello,

I hope someone can help me.I can't find any information about the output impedance of both outputs and no information about the output power of the Tera Player.

Thanks in advance.

A while ago Charles told me the following
IMPEDANCE
10 Ohm on the Superduper socket (outer).
18 Ohm on the Teramega socket (middle).

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #906 of 2,897
I am currently in the market for a DAP.
I have tried quite a few options, AK100ii (Previously owned also), Calyx M, HM901, Cayin N6 etc etc.

My IEM's are Tralucent Ref1's.

If anyone is looking to sell their Tera, let me know :)  I cant guarantee I will have as much money as you want, but cant hurt to try haha.

Of the above I am impressed with the HM901 for its natural but detailed sound and the N6 for its $$ to sound ratio (though it sounds a little artificial after the 901).

I am not scared of a screenless dap, in fact one of my favourite daps is the Alien (sound/form factor/price/ui).

Thanks.

Scott

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #908 of 2,897
I did try the Paw gold and did indeed love it, however at $3000aud new and $2000aud 2nd hand it is still a little much for me.

I have seen Tera players come up 2nd hand considerably less than this :)
New they are quite a bit more however.

I will wait it out :)

Currently listening to the n6 by Cayin, which is quite nice sounding, but polar opposite to what I imagine the Tera would be, it sounds very digital to me.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #909 of 2,897
I agree with musicday, I own TP and I like it too much.
I listened and used PG and TP. To be honest,  SQ of PG is better than TP.
Resolution, dark background, instrument positioning, separation better on PG, TP little robotic comperad with PG. Just one thing is better on TP: tonality of instruments, vocals. Tone of TP  a bit natural compared PG but difference is little. PG a little bit thin also.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #910 of 2,897
Cheaper refurbished Teras (from the site) :

"Let me introduce you to the Tera-Player FTU's, our Field-Test-Units.

These Tera's have been where no other portable music player ever was.

Scratched, dropped and badly mistreated for years, yet still delivering unrivalled sound quality.

Whenever a Tera-Player Field-Test-Unit returns to our laboratories, it is cleaned, thoroughly inspected, updated to the latest hard- and software feats, tested, tested twice, tested again and then sold for a very attractive price to a caring owner.

And hey, we even back those up with a 5 years warranty.

Why would we do that ?

Because we can.
Become part of a legend and apply today for your Tera-Player Field-Test-Unit!

EUR 1500,- incl. shipping, limited supply only."

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #912 of 2,897
Mimouille we know about the FTUs for months now,thanks for letting others know.:)
Anyway there is one here who bought a FTU and he loves it.

Aaaaaaand here's the suspect :)

Absolutely love the tiny machine and so did some other Head Fiers at the Cambridge meet. Actually heard an A&K 240 there for the first time, was able to A/B with the Tera and guess what....
Very happy with my choice.

Btw musicday,
Your Senn HD25 is somewhere in the UK now with a nice Head Fier who assured me he would get in contact with you for getting it over to you, should be fine.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #913 of 2,897
ThaPapper - Just got the headphones an hour ago.Thank you very much,for keeping your promise and i hope to meet you sometimes maybe in august London?
We did lots of test today me and Damian and he was very impressed with the Tera player.
Sorry for not making it to the meeting.
PM for my email to keep in touch if you like.
Musicday

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #914 of 2,897
ThaPapper - Just got the headphones an hour ago.Thank you very much,for keeping your promise and i hope to meet you sometimes maybe in august London?
We did lots of test today me and Damian and he was very impressed with the Tera player.
Sorry for not making it to the meeting.
PM for my email to keep in touch if you like.
Musicday

Well now, that's good news indeed :)
Don't worry for not making it but you missed a well organised meet with lot's of friendly peoples, good care, food and equipment though....
I'll try to attend London as well though my private situation might cause me to be moving in that period but we'll see.

Damian,
It was very nice meeting you in Cambridge, followed by a spontanious offered and turbo charged delivery to musicday, thanks a lot!
Ehhh, regarding your feeling for the Tera, yeah the small miracle probably found another victim but don't worry, it's a great "punishment" :)

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #915 of 2,897
I have put my Tera back onto the market.  Anyone interested please find it from the classified section of the forum.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back