The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jun 4, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #2,057 of 2,897
Jun 4, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #2,059 of 2,897
Owned and sold the 1plus2 and Ref.1 with uber cable.

Apart from fit issues, not all genres play well with the Tralucents. They are ruthlessly transparent but the Ref.1 is more musical.

Fitear Parterre is a good match for Tera.

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #2,064 of 2,897
How is it with the Tera - what improvements/changes can your hear?

No sonic improvements; it's pretty transparent. What it lets me do is get the output impedance under 1 and negate the bass roll off with low impedance iems due to the caps. It's a unity gain buffer, so no extra gain and I continue to use the Tera volume control.

Basically it keeps the footprint as close as possible to the stand alone Tera and allows me to use all my iems.

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #2,067 of 2,897
Glad you like the Plus5 with the Tera, Michael. I think that would be music to MusicDay's ears. Whilst the Plus5 has excellent bass impact and timbre for a BA, the bass is tighter than that of the Ref1 Too and probably not as warm as the latter has slower bass decay.

Frankly, the Plus5 is probably the best all rounder of the Traludent IEMs and so suited for whatever DAP one uses. MusicDay, I used it on the airplane for watching movies on my last flight up to Shanghai. In between listening to music. But no one tell Spkrs01... :wink:

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #2,068 of 2,897
I was wandering if anyone here can help me with some info about this Tera player . The website is quite limited so maybe the community will help .
How many versions are there ? I heard something about  v0, v1 and Light..  What is the difference between them? Are there any others?  Is there any difference between production years?
Thanks

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #2,069 of 2,897
I was wandering if anyone here can help me with some info about this Tera player . The website is quite limited so maybe the community will help .
How many versions are there ? I heard something about  v0, v1 and Light..  What is the difference between them? Are there any others?  Is there any difference between production years?
Thanks

There is:
- the Stealth Version all black inclusive and hand polished
-Standard Legacy with orange buttons
-Light Version with the black with white make love not war logo.
First player came out in 2011 but still in production if you request Charles to make you one new,usually takes 1-2 weeks as all is done manually by one person.
Models from 2014 upwards have double the RAM memory to handle better SD cards including the slow ones, plus new algorithm for a better random playback.
Think is possible even with old ones to be sent back at extra cost for the updates.
V0 has less power output and V1 slightly higher output to perform better with higher impedance headphones.Internals are the same on all the models i believe.
I would recommend V0 if possible. Don't think V1 is still made,but we can always check that.
Hope i managed to cover all your questions.

Edit note:
I remember meeting with a headfi member and he used to have the Standard Legacy model and he could swear that my Stealth Edition sounded way better then his.
I will let him come and add additional information if he sees this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back