The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
May 29, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #2,026 of 2,897
No need for chasing firmware updates...

...as Charles was concentrating on adjusting it's pricing rather than firmware update [to which there is none and is a good thing as he can spend time on imaginative pricing].

Imagine I paid Euro 8xx something for my Tera back when and that represents the "fair value" of the player.  Of course, this is a free world and you have every right to manipulate your followers' as long as they keep their faith regardless how much you ask for. 

For those who already owned the Tera at a lower price can take a smile up in the sky as they have not paid for a "good player" at an extravagant price and some will persuade you to take the plunge at current price regardless of common sense.

May 30, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #2,028 of 2,897
Lol are you as nuts as Charles himself? Powering your earphone is multiple times more energy consuming than reading an SD card!! And even then looking for the least power consuming card I assume? Omgggg

Edit to clarify
Of course it consumes energy and compared to really sensitive earphones it might somewhere be a bit significant but differences between SD cards should be really really small

May 30, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #2,029 of 2,897
Lol are you as nuts as Charles himself? Powering your earphone is multiple times more energy consuming than reading an SD card!! And even then looking for the least power consuming card I assume? Omgggg

Ruben relax dude,i am using only one pair of headphones and i know them very well,so i know how long the battery life is per charge.But if different SD card brands have a different power consumption that is a different story.
Nevertheless you have never seen or heard the Tera Player right?

May 30, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #2,030 of 2,897
"Does anybody know what's the catch consumption on various SD card brands?"

Who cares?

May 30, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #2,032 of 2,897
There is a Tera Player Light Edition for sale if anyone is interested:http://www.head-fi.org/t/809696/ic-tera-player-and-cypher-labs-picollo-amp

Crazy pricing inflation like what new units selling now........when i bought from you last year, it was only 1k GBP, it seems inflation of new units also push up the price for used ones......not a good news for those who haven't own one.........

May 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,033 of 2,897
Yeah but the price is not bad considering how much a new one cost.
And for the price i will take any time over an AK product or any other player.
The Tera Player is made to play music and to last.
Ask guys who brought the first ones in 2011 and they are still going as in the first day:wink:

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #2,034 of 2,897
Yeah but the price is not bad considering how much a new one cost.
And for the price i will take any time over an AK product or any other player.
The Tera Player is made to play music and to last.
Ask guys who brought the first ones in 2011 and they are still going as in the first day:wink:

Well, to be balanced, it should be pointed out that if anyone were to read through the thread, there are a fair number of Tera owners who have moved on to other makes of DAP, including AK products. :wink:

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #2,036 of 2,897
Of course, MusicDay. Just wanted to qualify the statement which I thought was just a wee bit expansive. :)

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #2,037 of 2,897
Of course, MusicDay. Just wanted to qualify the statement which I thought was just a wee bit expansive. :)

I will still like to know more about the Tera Player and your Plus5 especially they are fully burned in by now,if that exists for BA drivers.Is this best combo you ever heard?
Thank you Kiats,you are always a great help.:smiley:

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #2,039 of 2,897
Ba drivers and the high impedance output of the tera a great match? Don't make me laugh lol

Ah... So, Ruben123, you have heard the combo then? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back