The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Apr 15, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,923 of 2,897
Is that the best pairing with the Tera you heard? So no bass roll off at all?
hello, no the best pairing for me are the ie800 they don't have the same bass that they have when conected to Mojo or PawGold but the rest of the spectrum is magical, and the VE ZEN 2.0 great earbuds, theres no roll off because the JVC have a very strong bass even if a small roll off hapens the bass still very present,what is important in my post is my surprise , i was not expecting such a good "marriage "

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,927 of 2,897
After over 3 years of nearly daily use, i still find the sound of the Tera Player superior,organic and completely different then any other player i have heard.
The shuffle mode allows me to discover songs that I never heard at all or in a long time, and the easy navigation makes it very pleasant to use at gym or work while in the pocket, so i don't need to take it out at all.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,928 of 2,897
musicday you are a Tera Player stalwart and repeatedly contribute your enthusiasm for this quirky DAP to this thread. Charles should employ you as a brand ambassador, as your unbridled commitment to his creation deserves recognition. Well done sir!

After over 3 years of nearly daily use, i still find the sound of the Tera Player superior,organic and completely different then any other player i have heard.
The shuffle mode allows me to discover songs that I never heard at all or in a long time, and the easy navigation makes it very pleasant to use at gym or work while in the pocket, so i don't need to take it out at all.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,929 of 2,897
smial1966- me and Charles have no business together but i like to think we are friends, and he always replays prompt and polite to all my e-mails.
When you next time in London let me know, we can meet and have something to eat together and i will bring you my Tera Player to resurrect the sound you are missing.( i can't put it better then this as i learned English on my own ) :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #1,930 of 2,897
It would be nice to meet you one day and have a chat. Until then, keep enjoying that DAP of yours.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
smial1966- me and Charles have no business together but i like to think we are friends, and he always replays prompt and polite to all my e-mails.
When you next time in London let me know, we can meet and have something to eat together and i will bring you my Tera Player to resurrect the sound you are missing.( i can't put it better then this as i learned English on my own ) :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,931 of 2,897
Hi there

is there any difference between the Tera Players from:

- 2011 when it did cost 499 EUR
- 2012 when it did cost 840 EUR
- 2014 when it did cost 1680 EUR
- 2015 when it did cost 6720 EUR
- 2016 since now its 10,000 EUR

checked the differences by webarchive

Does anyone has all the variations and can recommend the best sounding one?
Why is it recommended with the Koss Porta Pro, can someone explain please?
How high is the output impedance? How does it compare to Shozy Alien?

Thanks

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #1,932 of 2,897
Hi there

Thanks

No difference. Koss is cheap so you have some money left for an extraordinary expensive mp3-player. Output imp is 10 and 20 ohms.

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #1,933 of 2,897
  Hi there

Thanks

Different stickers and marketing

Also un-validated claims about SD card compatibilty

p.s. My Tera is still the best 
wink.gif

see below! 

STILL SOUNDS AWESOME !!!!!

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #1,934 of 2,897
Hi ,
Since 2014 i think, the new random algorithm was introduced along with more Ram to handle better all the cards. The sound or housing hasn't changed at all,so same sound signature.
The Tera Player was originally created to pair with the Koss Porta Pro which is a very good headphone still in production since 1984.
So Charles, the maker of the Tera Player have choosed this headphone after trying many others, so he was happy with it and so am i.
The output impedance is 10 ohm sider and 20 ohm middle jack.
Shozy Alien Gold has a similar sound signature as the Tera but can't match it,but still recommend to those who can't afford to buy a Tera.
Hope this answers your questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back