The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Mar 10, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #1,891 of 2,897
Ade few pages back who has got both,ask him how they sound.

I did reply to denis1976 via PM but thought I'd also share my impressions here. The Zen is a great match with the Tera. Another Headfier said it was the best portable audio combo he had heard and I also think it is very good. The Tera seems able to power the Zen v2 very nicely and has its usual PRAT signature. I could happily listen to the combo for the rest of my life. The lowest bass that the Zen is capable of Matt be very slightly subdued but I have only heard that through a chord Mojo with amplification and I prefer the overall presentation with the Tera player.

It's a thumbs up from me.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #1,893 of 2,897
Mar 10, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,894 of 2,897
When you order the Tera Player you can choose from : Light, Standard Legacy,and Stealth version , you can ask Charles for either V0 or V1 version.

He asks 10000 euro 
confused_face(1).gif
 for this? I thought first one zero mistyped but he seems serious.  I  remember when he first announced tera player he offered it for 500. It is just ripoff

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,897 of 2,897
honestly soundwise I heard many good things about tera, but i cannot justify spending for it more than 1000. There are now so many options actually.

There are many options out there i agree with you,but none of what's out there didn't make me change my opinion about the Tera Player being the best.
Very expensive and rare those days.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,898 of 2,897
Look what just came in the mail today

Now the fun begins
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

BTW: Purchased it from fellow US Head-fier for a very reasonable price. Absolutely mint unit. Also got the Koss modified Porta-Pros with it. Thanks Man!

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,899 of 2,897
Enjoy, you'll love it.

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,901 of 2,897
Very impressive how long actually the battery of the Tera Player last, during playback or between charges when is not being in use.
Did you guys find new earphones/headphones that work well?
Been reading about Plus 5 being a greater match then the mighty Ref1.
Just waiting for it to be released and the reviews to show up :))

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,902 of 2,897
And Pheonix like from the ashes musicday rises to resurrect the Tera Player thread after a week of inactivity. Well played sir! :wink:

Very impressive how long actually the battery of the Tera Player last, during playback or between charges when is not being in use.
Did you guys find new earphones/headphones that work well?
Been reading about Plus 5 being a greater match then the mighty Ref1.
Just waiting for it to be released and the reviews to show up :))

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #1,903 of 2,897
I am getting around 10 hours of battery life on my recently aquired Tera Player. Not complaining, but nowhere near the 12 to 16 hours being advertised. Probably because the unit is 3 years old. Really like the sound coming out of it so far. But not selling my AK240 yet  

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,905 of 2,897
Turbo87 your battery may last 10 hours only depending on the headphones you use,which jack you are using and how loud you play the volume.
Mine has the same age as yours but definitely last longer.And the player last months if not used.

I am using the modified porta pros and using the outside headphone jack (10 ohm?). Only listening to CD quality music so far. Probably at medium volume levels. I have noticed that my AK240 also does not drain batteries, if I have it charged and not use it for a while. BTW: How long is your battery lasting?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back