The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Jan 6, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #1,126 of 4,580
Hmm so if I wanted an easy to drive headphone (not a fan of a DAP/DAC/Amp setup, I only really use my phone and laptop straight from the jack), the K7XX wouldn't be for me?

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #1,127 of 4,580
  Hmm so if I wanted an easy to drive headphone (not a fan of a DAP/DAC/Amp setup, I only really use my phone and laptop straight from the jack), the K7XX wouldn't be for me?

Super correct. Get the ATH-M50, KRK KNS 8400, or refer to someone more experienced for an easy-to-drive expensive set of cans. Guys?
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #1,128 of 4,580

well honestly, u can just get a budget amp w the k7xx & ull be fine.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #1,129 of 4,580

Probably not if you want to maximize the performance of the K7xx, although the K7xx seems to be more current depended than voltage, so some phone's and laptop may be able to deliver this, but you will still lack overall power/headroom/performance and thereby under your circumstances not quite optimal, although it doesn't mean that it won't be an enjoyable experience and suit your preferences. There might be better choices..

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #1,131 of 4,580
  Probably not if you want to maximize the performance of the K7xx, although the K7xx seems to be more current depended than voltage, so some phone's and laptop may be able to deliver this, but you will still lack overall power/headroom/performance and thereby under your circumstances not quite optimal, although it doesn't mean that it won't be an enjoyable experience and suit your preferences. There might be better choices..

I see. Thanks!

I'll just stick with IEMs for now. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #1,132 of 4,580

If its for portable use you (imo) shouldn't use open-headphones anyways.
its very dependant on what you listen to and what signature you like.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #1,133 of 4,580
If its for portable use you (imo) shouldn't use open-headphones anyways.
its very dependant on what you listen to and what signature you like.

yea you can't use these for portable usage because they are open & will leak sound in/out everywhere

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #1,135 of 4,580
A good alternative that doesn't need an amp really is the Sony MA900.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,136 of 4,580
Just got an automatic email from massdrop. My akg just shipped...by usps to france!! Seriously if you ****ed up someone's order, the least thing you can do is ship it by a faster service to make up to the customer.
This plus a ****ty customer service that never reponds to emails. I'll never order from them again.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,137 of 4,580
Just got an automatic email from massdrop. My akg just shipped...by usps to france!! Seriously if you ****ed up someone's order, the least thing you can do is ship it by a faster service to make up to the customer.
This plus a ****ty customer service that never reponds to emails. I'll never order from them again.

They ship to non-US by (slow) USPS service for the higher chance to slip through customs... so while it takes longer its actually a nice thing to do (plus it might be cheaper for them I guess.

That said I'm still waiting... and I received my notice mid-december... not so happy with that.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,138 of 4,580
They ship to non-US by (slow) USPS service for the higher chance to slip through customs... so while it takes longer its actually a nice thing to do (plus it might be cheaper for them I guess.

That said I'm still waiting... and I received my notice mid-december... not so happy with that.

I totally understand that they have a huge order to ship. But thing that upset me is that I received no informations from them. Question asked in the discussion tab got ignored, 0 email from them, I emailed them like a year ago but they dont even bother to reply.
Not to mention the quality control, with all the cans are rattling. But it's akg to blame I guess.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,139 of 4,580

Well, if you want good customer service, just pay retail then...  

I can't believe how many folks want a huge discount *and* retail-level customer service... (there's always somebody complaining, no matter what happens...)

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,140 of 4,580

So are there any left to purchase from the 2nd batch?

If not, then that means they have sold 4000 so far.

They're authorized to sell 6,000 total (so far, anyway)... but the batches don't really go by any particular number in terms of when they sell them... they open up a drop of so many days, and they sell however many they sell... the only way the number in a batch seem to matter is the ship date (and whether they could ship internationally) re: the 1st 2,000... but that first drop sold more than 2,000, it's just they only got 2,000 to ship so far... the 2nd batch is s;posed to ship in mid-Feb... but some of those will be from orders placed during the first drop and some will be orders from later drops... not sure if that is fixed at 2,000 like the first batch was, now that they know they're gonna move them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back