The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #3,016 of 6,345
See, I save money by not getting prime, and just waiting a little for shipping than waiting for a big sale
wink.gif
That only works if you aren't buying from Amazon frequently anyway tho.

If the price JUST dropped, you probably won't see another dip for a few months at a holiday sale. I've only seen k712's going for $320-$330 USED. In my opinion, it's worth enjoying a product rather than waiting and hoping not to miss a sale... headphones sound better than cash.

Of course, be responsible with your money if you need it first for food or survival needs.

I am using a family member's Amazon account, so I get the benefits of free two-day shipping for free.
cool.gif

Well, I am not too sure how the price drops work on Amazon. I thought that maybe a vendor would lower the price further, and the others would follow its lead. But if you believe that is the lowest they will go for awhile, I might just get buy them early this morning. Though I do not trust the other vendor's warranties/policies in-case of any mistakes, so I would probably by directly from Amazon themselves.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #3,019 of 6,345
  thanks! I was about to get a pair of DT880 haha 

It's not a bad headphone but the midrange seems a bit off me thinks. The K712 sounds like a desperate attempt to make the K701 sound like a Sennheiser HD6?0/HD580 which resulted a mutant child that actually sounds really nice and perfectly complements my Q701. The K712 killed any and all my desire to own a HD6?0/HD580 again. I'm giving Sennheiser another chance with the HD800 soon.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #3,022 of 6,345
I'm still getting used to the 712's, they really seem to scream to blues/jazz and fall short for me on certain kinds of electronic. That being said I just ordered some 1976 Rockets for the Lyr as well as a Bifrost DAC so we'll see how this sounds then they all come together :) At the end of the day I may just order another set of basshead cans for my dubstep and use the K712's for the finer things in life haha

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #3,023 of 6,345
Doesn't matter what impedance they are. Beyer did a good job of making the beyers sound 98% the same regardless of impedance, with the exception being the 770s which are all over the place. I owned 7 990s of different impedances, and they all sounded basically the exact same give or take a bit of refinement here or there. The general sound was the same. The 880 was a beast even in 32ohm form, but the treble can still be a bit more than people may want.

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #3,025 of 6,345
What's the best deal here:

AKG K-702 65th Anniversary 377 EUR

or

AKG K-712 Pro 333 EUR

???

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #3,027 of 6,345
  just get yourself a used one from the classifieds
tongue_smile.gif
that's the deal
cool.gif

BTW

anyone???

I have the K712, I have the K240 MKII but it's been gone so long so it's all based on memory, I should have it back in a couple weeks. The bass on the K712 is a lot better, more defined, has more body and extends deeper. I would say the mids are a little more recessed on the K712 but they blend in better with the bass and highs. The K712 is darker and more spacious sounding with more refinement overall. The K240 is brighter and more intimate. I believe the K712 has more body when amped right.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #3,030 of 6,345
  What's the best deal here:

AKG K-702 65th Anniversary 377 EUR

or

AKG K-712 Pro 333 EUR

???

Get the K712 for less unless you like the color of the Annies. 

Really want to try these. I offered some dude my AKG 65th Annie's and Q701 for his 712 but don't think he's interested. I need these Haha.

Unless you like the color, there's really not a huge reason to get the K712 Pro IMO. The differences really aren't that stark as Chicolom covered a long time ago. MLE also speculated that they could sound practically identical if you have an Annie with the newer, deeper pads. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back