The 2010 Holiday Gift Exchange Is On! (Read thread for details!)
Dec 1, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #136 of 320

Quote:
ill be willing to do this.  do the cds have to be brand new?  will ship to USA only though, sorry.  i have a couple cds i only listened to like twice so they are basically brand new.  

it would be terrible if anyone send a cd to someone which the owner himself dont like.you should send something you love or something new that you think that person will appreciate or like.
i have four cds that i didnt complete listening to  because they are simply imo terrible and i would never consider giving them to someone...even my sister.

for whoever i am paired with,i will send one or two cds that i am sure he never listened to before.i would like it to be a surprise for him and i also would like to be surprised with any genres.........except rap or this kind of crap...

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #137 of 320
Can we do this in such a way that I send a wish list of around 5 CD titles to my partner and he chooses one or 2 among them and that's what he'll give me? This way, he's kinda sure that am gonna like what he's sending me. Of course, it wont be much of a surprise anymore but it removes the possibility of your partner not liking what he'll get... 

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #140 of 320
I think its up to what the paired members agree on. From the original posts, i got the idea that you try to guess what the other member would like even if its outside of his/her normal genres, and buy a cd you love/like for that member. This is what i would like someone to do for me. This way i would get a cd that someone thought is a great recording, and might suite me even if i normally do not listen to i.g. classical/hiphop/contemporaryafricanblackmetalltriphop/whatever :)    Usually, if i know the cd i want, i buy it.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #143 of 320

Quote:
Sounds like this is a go!

tjohnusa, if you'll forgive me, I'll change the title of this thread to a more appropriate one.
smily_headphones1.gif

The rules are that we are to exchange one CD with another member. Generally, around $10-$15. You are welcome to send something else, but do not feel obligated to send anything more.

Post in this thread if you are willing to participate.

Include in your message whether you're willing to send overseas. It costs a little more, but it is great to have some international action.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll have a tentative cutoff of December 10. That will give enough time to buy something and send it off to arrive in time for the holidays.

Take a little time to review the posts of the person you're matched with to figure out tastes and what they might like.

I'll PM participants with the person they're matched with. It is your responsibility to contact them and get shipping info, etc.

If you have questions, please post them here. I'll be happy to answer them.

Also, I'm in! And I'll happily exchange with anyone anywhere in the world.
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=medium]
Why are there people volunteering to join a gift exchange programme but unwilling to buy gifts for their partners? 
confused.gif

It is clearly stated by the moderator that the idea is to buy $10-15 worth of CDs or gifts for exchange with someone in the holidays.

I mean, nobody forced you to be part of this so if you aren't willing to spend a tenner on a gift, then why sign up in the 1st place?

Sorry for my rant but I just don't get some people.

edit: lowered the tone of the msg
[/size]

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #144 of 320
lol i am all up for buying 10-15 dollars worth of stuff for someone if they do it for me.  wait are we just supposed to buy gifts for people and then wont get anything back?  i guess the season is about giving, but i think that all the popular people such as joker will get all the stuff and people like me will be stuck with nothing.  i don't know how this thing works yet, i wish someone would just please explain it in detail.

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #145 of 320
I've already ordered the album I want to give away, it's a cd/dvd set and it's one of my favorites; I will mail it directly. Please pair me with someone who enjoys bluesy mellow rock or who has an open mind.

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #146 of 320
Ok, sign me up for international shipping.
Just one question, what if Amazon charges the recepient for extra custom taxes? Bummer to receive a gift you have to pay extra for

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #147 of 320

Quote:
lol i am all up for buying 10-15 dollars worth of stuff for someone if they do it for me.  wait are we just supposed to buy gifts for people and then wont get anything back?  i guess the season is about giving, but i think that all the popular people such as joker will get all the stuff and people like me will be stuck with nothing.  i don't know how this thing works yet, i wish someone would just please explain it in detail.

cool. from what i can tell, you'll be paired up with another random member in this thread so you'll exchange gifts with one another. everybody will get something so don't worry. the details are also in the original post i quoted before

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #148 of 320
thats cool and everything but does the gift got to be brand new?  like what if i have like the lord of the rings trilogy on dvd which i watched countless times and maybe someone else wants it who hasn't seen it yet.  like something like that along with a box of popcorn or something.  i think that would make it nicer for people who are out of a job right now and can't afford presents for people yet alone family.  just a thought but thats up to the host.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #150 of 320
Erik, I think you'd better just delete the OP and replace it with one of your own explaining everything. Now we're just getting the same questions over and over again :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back