The 2010 Holiday Gift Exchange Is On! (Read thread for details!)
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #121 of 320
Im gonna be a secret santa.

CONUS please.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #122 of 320
I'm in!! As a new guy to head-fi it is great to see such a friendly tradition!

Will ship anywhere in CONUS :)

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #123 of 320
I'd like to join in.

I'd prefer the U.S.  (CONUS, and Alaska and Hawaii are fine too.)

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #124 of 320
ill be willing to do this.  do the cds have to be brand new?  will ship to USA only though, sorry.  i have a couple cds i only listened to like twice so they are basically brand new.  also i am a bit confused at how this goes down.  do you just post what cds your willing to trade and then look for someone who has a cd that you want to trade?  theres something like this already at swap.com.  it's the best for trading off your old cds and dvds for other ones that people want to trade you.  i assume thats the same thing here.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #125 of 320
I do not know what the official word is regarding what is acceptable, but in my little mind, I thought it would be a surprise (or I wish it to be for myself).

I certainly will ship whoever I am partnered with (if he/she does not have a specific request) something I enjoy very much that hopefully the other person may enjoy... and perhaps be something of a new experience for the other party...  Things like world music from person's origin, artists that really deserve more recognition etc etc are what I have in my mind. 

Don't take it the wrong way, but I think we can all do a little better than just look at the bottom of our pile of CDs we regret spending money on and unload it to another unsuspecting member, but who knows, your trash may be somebody else' treasure.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #126 of 320
Quote:
ill be willing to do this.  do the cds have to be brand new?  will ship to USA only though, sorry.  i have a couple cds i only listened to like twice so they are basically brand new.  also i am a bit confused at how this goes down.  do you just post what cds your willing to trade and then look for someone who has a cd that you want to trade?  theres something like this already at swap.com.  it's the best for trading off your old cds and dvds for other ones that people want to trade you.  i assume thats the same thing here.

It's called the Holiday Gift Exchange. The idea is for you to buy a gift for whomever you're paired up with. The details can be worked out over PM with your partner.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #129 of 320
Asr, yep, the torch has been passed. I will make a list of all participants and pair them up according to their shipping preferences. Hopefully, that will balance out. If we get an extra international participant or end up with an odd number, I'll take on a second person so everyone can exchange a gift.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #130 of 320

Quote:
im definitely in
biggrin.gif
 this is such a good idea, wish i hadnt missed it last year.

Ill do anywhere in the world (but can i call dibs on LFF??? i want something remastered
very_evil_smiley.gif
 )

Just because I get stuck with someone doesn't mean I'll do a remaster. You might get stuck with a nice retail CD.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Would love to try an LFF remaster.

Thanks.
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #131 of 320
There are no guarantees about who you will be paired with.

I might try random pairings, after considering shipping options. I might also let the kids choose partners. Meaning that whoever has a username that makes them giggle will be paired with me. :D

I've also thought about deliberately pairing newer members with older members. Might be nice to bridge the Head-Fi "generations" a little bit.

Thoughts, anyone?

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #132 of 320

Quote:
I've also thought about deliberately pairing newer members with older members. Might be nice to bridge the Head-Fi "generations" a little bit.

Thoughts, anyone?

That is a very good idea given many of us young people might not have the same musical knowledge as older ones. I for one would like very much to be paired with an old classical music junkie, which is not an easy genre to discover.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #134 of 320

I agree.

One of the issues I have with purchasing classicals CD is that there are so many other variables that factor in making the music enjoyable... recording quality and performing orchestra...

Too many choices that I end up buying "The 99 Most Essential * Masterpieces" off amazon download for $1.99... ;/

Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts, anyone?

That is a very good idea given many of us young people might not have the same musical knowledge as older ones. I for one would like very much to be paired with an old classical music junkie, which is not an easy genre to discover.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #135 of 320
Wow it is what I am looking for at the moment. Really need to get rid of some cans for HD800 and DNA amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back