Thanks to my Grados, I can't use my Jaybird Bluetooth headphones at the gym anymore..
Dec 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

disastermouse

Headphoneus Supremus
Heck, I can't listen to my iPhone in my car over BT anymore either.  I find I'm ripping CDs again now, LOL!

Anyway, I was working out with some old Shure Se210s.  Wow, are those things muddy - not to mention uncomfortable.

I was THIS close to buying SM3s when I realized that I may not be able to cue into the quality while I'm trying to keep from getting crushed by the bar at the gym...  No, I'm still waiting for my HD 650s (one more day!)....why not enjoy them and make the SM3s an ambition to be realized at a (slightly) later date?

So I sprang for Klipsch S4i, a cord wrap device, and the best iPod arm band I could find.  I figure I'll use the iPod for the music (holds more lossless songs anyway) and use the phone to track my workout (carry it in an old holster).

I loved the freedom of wireless phones, but the quality has been bad and the volume very low from the beginning.  The only way I could even get any sound from them was to put the iPhone EQ on 'spoken word' - which robbed the music of a lot of depth, but at LEAST got them loud enough to black out the terrible music they play in most gyms.

Anyone else use these IEMs for the gym?  I'm hoping the cord wrap and shirt clip will kill the microphonics.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't have any advices... but you just reminded how I am trying to figure out how to bring my portable amp along with me when I don't have my bag (going out for nice a dinner, etc.)

I have a feeling I'd have to live with ampless music on those days though.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back