TFTA-2100-2V1S (1V) & TFTA-2100-3V2B (1XB) - Review - Pictures & Videos
Oct 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #79 of 177

Quote:
I suggest you go over to the tfta.eu web site and send them an email asking if they will ship you a pair to the US if you order direct from them .

Luco my man, have you got any suggestions for tips that isolate well for the TFTA's?
Triple flangue doesn't work for me & comply's bloat out the highs...:frowning2:

Anything you could personally recommend? 

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #80 of 177
Just an edit I would like to mention:
The 1XB's are really amazing - they have opened up so much since I first got them, and their sound stage is perfect. More so, their bass quantity is still mind blowing.
Going back to the 1V's you can REALLY tell why the 1XB's have a larger amount of bass - its a huge amount, and I use the 1XB's as my main sets now, rather than using the 1V's

Note:
I also sold my Denon's, and gave my EX500's away.
I only have the TFTA's in my possession and my Sony XB700 headphones

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #81 of 177

Quote:
Luco my man, have you got any suggestions for tips that isolate well for the TFTA's?
Triple flangue doesn't work for me & comply's bloat out the highs...:frowning2:

Anything you could personally recommend? 

Glad you are enjoying the tfta, Dubbed , Out of all the tips i have tried on the them i have actually gone back to using the largest stock tip that came with them ,this gives me the best isolation and the deepest bass response ,other than that i quite like the monster foam supertips on them .

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #82 of 177

Quote:

Glad you are enjoying the tfta, Dubbed , Out of all the tips i have tried on the them i have actually gone back to using the largest stock tip that came with them ,this gives me the best isolation and the deepest bass response ,other than that i quite like the monster foam supertips on them .

woooo you got HUGE ear canals :p
Or I got small ones :D

I'm using the medium ones - although they don't give as good isolation as comply's

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #83 of 177
Just got my 3V2B's today. JEEZ, the bass is heavy in these. Im not going to judge them until they are broken in. I'm going to just let them run 24/7 for a week or so, even when I'm not listening, to speed up the process. Straight out of the box, the bass overpowers the mids/highs big time. In the 10hrs they have been used so far, they have gotten better, but still have a ways to go. I'm using them on a HeadAmp Pico. I can tell you these things will handle a LOT more than the rated 30mW of power that they are rated at. The pico is around ~700mW rms. I cranked it up passed 3/4 volume on high gain with almost no distortion (just for a few seconds). Personally, at this point in the break-in phase, my denon d2000's blow them out of the water, but they are a different class of can, and not meant to compete in the first place. Overall, I'm impressed. I'm really looking forward to them loosening up a bit though.

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #84 of 177

Quote:
Just got my 3V2B's today. JEEZ, the bass is heavy in these. Im not going to judge them until they are broken in. I'm going to just let them run 24/7 for a week or so, even when I'm not listening, to speed up the process. Straight out of the box, the bass overpowers the mids/highs big time. In the 10hrs they have been used so far, they have gotten better, but still have a ways to go. I'm using them on a HeadAmp Pico. I can tell you these things will handle a LOT more than the rated 30mW of power that they are rated at. The pico is around ~700mW rms. I cranked it up passed 3/4 volume on high gain with almost no distortion (just for a few seconds). Personally, at this point in the break-in phase, my denon d2000's blow them out of the water, but they are a different class of can, and not meant to compete in the first place. Overall, I'm impressed. I'm really looking forward to them loosening up a bit though.

it will do in due time :)

Bass is amazing though :D

EDIT:
Also remember the sound signature is different than the denon's :)

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #85 of 177
I've got a little over 30hrs on the 3v2b's now, and coming back for another revisit. I know they still aren't fully broken in, but something I'm worried wont go away is the overbearing of ~150-500hz range. Vocals are ear-piercing in certain songs, and I'm finding myself turning the volume way down in comparison to other headphones. My eq looks very weird right now. lol I consider myself to be a bass nut, but damn. I feel there is too much low and not enough highs. I will let them break in another 100hr's or so and do another revisit.

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #86 of 177
I've got a little over 30hrs on the 3v2b's now, and coming back for another revisit. I know they still aren't fully broken in, but something I'm worried wont go away is the overbearing of ~150-500hz range. Vocals are ear-piercing in certain songs, and I'm finding myself turning the volume way down in comparison to other headphones. My eq looks very weird right now. lol I consider myself to be a bass nut, but damn. I feel there is too much low and not enough highs. I will let them break in another 100hr's or so and do another revisit.

Please do, luco and dubbed both seem to be raving and while I'm glad that they've drawn my attention to an apparently awesome IEM, I'm also curious to hear a slightly more objective-seeming take as I am considering these for my next IEM.

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #87 of 177
The only person that has actually got the 1V's by the looks of it is me.

Although others might give their opinions on the 1XB's, you do have to bear in mind that they are bass orientated.
If mids/highs is what your looking for (as stated in my review) then go for the 1V's.

Currently I have been listening to the 1XB's and can't get enough of them.
On some songs these IEM's destroy the lows like I have never heard before :D!!

EDIT:
And if it weren't for the TFTA's I wouldn't have returned the MTPG's, the se535's and sold the denon AH-C710's
Bearing in mind I believed the 710's were the best IEM's i had heard for an affordable price.

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #88 of 177
There is ~45hrs on them now, and they are still getting better. Out of the box, ~150-500hz was painful, and the highs weren't there (I expected this, but didnt think it would be as bad). At this time, the ~150-500hz has calmed down substantially, and the highs are coming out a lot more. They aren't piercing my ears like they were. I'm becoming more impressed with these IEM's. I bought a set of IEM's because the denon's are too big to carry around all the time. My next step is to get some comply's to replace these rubber stockers. I'm actually using the rubber's off of a set of $10 jvc's as they are more comfortable and fit better than the ones that came with the tfta's. I'm glad I made this purchase.

In all honesty, I'm really curious to know how the less bass version sounds in comparison.

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #90 of 177

Quote:

In what way are the vocals ear-piercing ? i never experienced this ,maybe they do not gel well with the amp you are using , in fact they really do not need amping at all ,they go very loud even out of my ipod classic 7th gen with its limited European volume,over time the mid range and treble will become crystal clear and in now way be harsh 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back