TFTA-2100-2V1S (1V) & TFTA-2100-3V2B (1XB) - Review - Pictures & Videos
Sep 29, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #32 of 177
Just ordered a pair of 1XBs based on this thread. Apart from listening to a lot of music, I do enjoy watching movies/TV-series on my SGS2 on the go, which is why I need some heavy bass earphones. Really hope they will live up to my expectations. :)

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #33 of 177

Quote:
Just ordered a pair of 1XBs based on this thread. Apart from listening to a lot of music, I do enjoy watching movies/TV-series on my SGS2 on the go, which is why I need some heavy bass earphones. Really hope they will live up to my expectations. :)

That's good to hear...but personally I would have waited for the new packaging.
The 1XB's will be updated to having a golden exterior + tips etc

But meh - no big deal if you ask me :D
I like the housing as it is.

Remember several things:
-THEY NEED to be burned-in
-Get ready to be deafened by bass :p!
-Give me your feedback on this thread - will be very interesting to know your experiences + what background of ear/headphones do you currently own - in order to give comparisons :)?

off topic:
SGS2 = win
Are you rooted though?
I'm the video maker for pretty much every single SGS1 ROM out there :p

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #34 of 177

Quote:
That's good to hear...but personally I would have waited for the new packaging.
The 1XB's will be updated to having a golden exterior + tips etc

But meh - no big deal if you ask me :D
I like the housing as it is.

Remember several things:-THEY NEED to be burned-in
-Get ready to be deafened by bass :p!
-Give me your feedback on this thread - will be very interesting to know your experiences + what background of ear/headphones do you currently own - in order to give comparisons :)?

off topic:
SGS2 = win
Are you rooted though?
I'm the video maker for pretty much every single SGS1 ROM out there :p

Yes I'm rooted. Currently using KI3(android 2.3.5) and while the sound quality has definitely improved, the Klipsch S4s I have now don't really get along with the SGS2; they sound tinny and lack bass. Used Logitech UE700(while great they lacked bass), Klipsch S4(worst build quality ever, bought two pairs), Sennheiser IE8((not mine) I really enjoyed the sound, but once again they lacked that "oomph" I want from watching movies), Sennheiser CX300(same as klipsch S4 in terms of BQ), Sennheiser HD595 & 600 and Sony XBR-700. I also use genelec 8020s as my primary audio setup. 
Will definitely be posting my impressions, but as the audio quality of the SGS2 isn't the best I will be trying them out with different sources as well.

Don't really care about any extras as long as they sound good. :)

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #35 of 177
Thanks for the review but I have to say I cringed watching you pull the IEMs out of their foam by their cords. I know they need to take some rough use but there's no need to prove it so early.
biggrin.gif
They're easily pushed out by the back.

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #36 of 177

Quote:
Yes I'm rooted. Currently using KI3(android 2.3.5) and while the sound quality has definitely improved, the Klipsch S4s I have now don't really get along with the SGS2; they sound tinny and lack bass. Used Logitech UE700(while great they lacked bass), Klipsch S4(worst build quality ever, bought two pairs), Sennheiser IE8((not mine) I really enjoyed the sound, but once again they lacked that "oomph" I want from watching movies), Sennheiser CX300(same as klipsch S4 in terms of BQ), Sennheiser HD595 & 600 and Sony XBR-700. I also use genelec 8020s as my primary audio setup. 
Will definitely be posting my impressions, but as the audio quality of the SGS2 isn't the best I will be trying them out with different sources as well.

Don't really care about any extras as long as they sound good. :)

S2 SQ not bad - you kidding me lol?
You do realise my s1 for example has:
"The phone uses Wolfson's WM8994 DAC as its audio hub"

Which is MUCH better than one of an iPhone's lol.

Get Voodoo control PLUS app by supercurio seeing as your rooted. Gives bass boost, DAC, dynamic range, oversampling features.

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #37 of 177

Quote:
Thanks for the review but I have to say I cringed watching you pull the IEMs out of their foam by their cords. I know they need to take some rough use but there's no need to prove it so early.
biggrin.gif
They're easily pushed out by the back.

Same here!
In my head I was thinking to myself - oh god, be careful!!! haha
Never realised they could be taken out from the back until my second pack :p

FYI:
I'm extremely with the care i take of my earphones - For example, my denon's 8 months old don't even have any signs of wear.
My XB700's are still working like you would get them out of the package (2yrs old now)
My Samsung galaxy s phone, doesn't even have a scratch on it :D

Only thing I've ever "damaged" were the EX500's - which in turn had terrible cabling, so i blame it, not me :D haha

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #39 of 177

Quote:

Get Voodoo control PLUS app by supercurio seeing as your rooted. Gives bass boost, DAC, dynamic range, oversampling features.

The SGS2 has a custom yamaha chip and not the wolfson chip that came with the original SGS. Consequently the AQ of the SGS2 is worse than that of the SGS plus Voodoo. I've owned both devices so I should know. :wink:

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #40 of 177

Quote:

What's rooted mean?

unlocked/jailbrocken so to speak

Quote:
The SGS2 has a custom yamaha chip and not the wolfson chip that came with the original SGS. Consequently the AQ of the SGS2 is worse than that of the SGS plus Voodoo. I've owned both devices so I should know. :wink:

Well it isn't that bad though...

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #41 of 177

Quote:

I've compared side by side on my SGSII and my brother's iPod Touch 4G. It's way different! Imho, the SGSII has the worst DAC I've ever heard in a mobile phone.

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #43 of 177

Quote:
Same here!In my head I was thinking to myself - oh god, be careful!!! haha
Never realised they could be taken out from the back until my second pack :p

FYI:
I'm extremely with the care i take of my earphones - For example, my denon's 8 months old don't even have any signs of wear.
My XB700's are still working like you would get them out of the package (2yrs old now)
My Samsung galaxy s phone, doesn't even have a scratch on it :D

Only thing I've ever "damaged" were the EX500's - which in turn had terrible cabling, so i blame it, not me :D haha 

I suspected that may be the case and the camera had you going a bit. LOL Just wanted to mention it because most failures are due to cable tugs and some just love to pull them out of ears by same.

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #44 of 177

Quote:
I suspected that may be the case and the camera had you going a bit. LOL Just wanted to mention it because most failures are due to cable tugs and some just love to pull them out of ears by same.

Oh course i know that :wink:
Cable tugs are the things that cause i would say 90% of failures on earphones.
The other 10% is genuine manufacture faults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back