TFTA-2100-2V1S (1V) & TFTA-2100-3V2B (1XB) - Review - Pictures & Videos
Sep 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #16 of 177

Quote:
Cool ,i thought they would be,

So did you send the monsters back ?, i checked my golds and coppers by the way , both the jacks are the same size on mine and the weight of both golds and coppers ear units was the same .

yup both are sent back - to amazon (gold real ones) and the fake coppers from amp3
I told amp3 that they were clearly fake, and I wasn't the only one that thought that (pointed to the head-fi thread)
It's hard to prove your case when you don't have evidence yourself, but when you have evidence yourself then its very very easy, especially through videos and pictures.

I will be getting a full refund, but i told them that the coppers SHOULD NOT be re-sold for the sake of their company's reputation.
More over, they will also be refunding me the postage that it cost to send it back to them.
Be it fake or not, it wasn't provided with "all accessories" and thus that's false advertising

Quote:

I do the same thing! haha. 

Never heard anything about these earphones before, but I'm always interested in phones with lots of bass. Waiting for your review 
popcorn.gif

hehe :)

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 177
I've asked pointed out some things, to TFT, here they are, Luco, would love your input too:

[size=10pt] In terms of the earphones: They do sound great![/size]
[size=10pt] I just have several recommendations/tips:[/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
[size=10pt] -The current drivers for the B and S versions are slightly different - I guess that's why they sound different right?[/size]
[size=10pt] -The ear tips that are provided are simple, but not good. In other words the tips make a weird "bouncing noise" when pressed in your ear (when inserting)[/size]
[size=10pt] -The wire is prone to microphonics[/size]
[size=10pt] -Would be nice to see a mini pouch or carrying case included[/size]
[size=10pt] -Maybe a selection of different tips + adaptors?[/size]
[size=10pt] -L shaped 3.5mm jack rather than straight[/size]
[size=10pt] -More shipping options, ie. international options: Had someone on head-fi ask me if you guys ship to Canada, as it sin't stated or available[/size]
[size=10pt] -[size=x-small]It's hard to see which is L and which is R, maybe a little notch in the wire to show this, or more so different [/size]writing[size=x-small] on the earphones? (bigger, white colour etc)[/size][/size]
[size=10pt] [size=x-small]Also including your name on the earphones wouldn't be bad either (ie. like denon do)[/size][/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
[size=10pt] -Apart from that they sound really good, still need them to burn-in so to speak, the B versions are BOOMING with bass - which is great, but they are shy in terms of showing me the mids/highs.[/size]
[size=10pt] The S versions however, have a nice bass + have better response to highs/mids[/size]

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #19 of 177

Quote:
Ok...I'm not even kidding but I can feel the bass in my chest...holy..nothing touches these in bass!

You are right there Dubbed man,the b version is the grand master when it comes to bass output , nothing i have in my inventory can touch them,it digs down deep into your soul .

Yes it would be nice to see a few more accessories included like a better selection of tips and a carry pouch or little case but that will no doubt put up the price  but than again the Sm3 was £300 and only came supplied with 2 sets of comply tips ,so the tfta are not alone in packaging earphones with minimal accessories .

More shipping options would be great for the guys outside of the European union ,yes!
The cable has next to no microphonics when worn over the ears which is how i wear all my iems,but i would like to see a slightly thicker cable used .

I have no problem with seeing the L & R markings on the driver casings .

Umm ,name printed on the phones , not necessary in my opinion and may even spoil the look of the phones ,but i guess a lot of people may like that, i would have no objections to the name being on the Y slitter of the cable like on the monsters, that would be a nice touch.

The mids and highs do come though on the bass version with burn in and sound stage is actually very good on them ,So much so that for bass output and soundstage they have replaced my IE8 as my go iem for movies. First day i got them i played a Blondie album on them and i was not that impressed with the mids and highs ,they sounded quite dark  but playing that same album today its actually very nice ,although the bass version is never going to be denon 710 bright in the mids .
Listening to my Blackmores Nights albums on these today was a sheer joy which surprised me for such a bassy phone Candice's voice was angelic as ever and all the intricate nuances of all the various medievil instruments came through in stunning clarity ,all backed up by that unbelievable wall of bass,simply stunning sound .

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #20 of 177
I have to say these are one if the best bass...screw that the best nass earphones ive heard!
Ie8 owners: I feel so sorry for yall lol.

Only problem is, if you really don't like bass neither the s or b versions are good for you.
Although S versions are nice and controlled - reference of the MTPG's and 710's = the S versions in terms of bass (but the S's have more pronounced and deeper bass vs the monsters/denon's)

1Xb's win hands down as the bassiest earphones I've ever heard - and will beat anything, even up to the £350+ mark

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 177
Nice pictures Dubbed man , strange that the normal version has larger nozzles . Are you using comply tips on the xtra bass version ,I know they are comfortable but i would have thought they may not be the best tips to use on these as they suck the highs out of any phones i have tried them on.

Your listening experience seems to pretty much mirror mine , so you should find out that like a good wine the sound will mature into a more  full bodied  one in time 
happy_face1.gif
 ,oh and by the way the bass does not tone down any more than it is by 10hrs use .

I am trying to get an idear of how the normal version sounds in comparison ,So what would you say the difference in bass presence in terms of percentages is between the two ,and also the brightness of the upper frequencies, and compaired to the 710.

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #23 of 177

Quote:
Nice pictures Dubbed man , strange that the normal version has larger nozzles . Are you using comply tips on the xtra bass version ,I know they are comfortable but i would have thought they may not be the best tips to use on these as they suck the highs out of any phones i have tried them on.

Your listening experience seems to pretty much mirror mine , so you should find out that like a good wine the sound will mature into a more  full bodied  one in time 
happy_face1.gif
 ,oh and by the way the bass does not tone down any more than it is by 10hrs use .

I am trying to get an idear of how the normal version sounds in comparison ,So what would you say the difference in bass presence in terms of percentages is between the two ,and also the brightness of the upper frequencies, and compaired to the 710.

agreed about the comply's - I should find some other tips that don't have that "effect" when inserting.
In terms of comparison: off the top of my head:
1V's: 10% = like the 710's but the 1V's are better sounding (not rolled off in bass)
1XB's: 40-60% bass increase vs the denon's

Brightness:
1V's = -10/20% vs the 710's
1XB's = -30% s the 710's

Neither hurt my ear nor have a "spike" thus are both smoother to my ears vs the denon's
There is just A LOT of bass LOL

PS.
Highs and mids are shining through on both models, more on the 1XB's (as in they were non-existent before)

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #25 of 177

Quote:
and whats the bass percentage difference between the two tfta models ?

I'd say:
1XB = 20-40% more bass
Really kicks in when it goes in the lower frequencies. That's when you really notice the difference

How would you compare the 1XB's vs the denons?

OMG - just switched back to the denon's....i really regret to say this...my denon' sound average!
TFTA's wow!

Denon's are a bit too sibilant (i'm comparing it to the 1V's - as its more fairer :p) + denon's have too much highs for my liking, and not enough lows without the comply tips.

TFTA's new best IEM's under £300 (over that amount probably still, i just haven't heard them for long enough - such as the W3's etc)
Good job TFTA, really good job.
Puts my denon's to shame + the MTPG's + se535's (lol the bass vs the TFTA's is laughable @ the shures)

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #27 of 177

Quote:
Thanks , I have not played the denon 710 since getting the tfta ,but from memory i would say somewhere around 60 % more bass on the tfta

Yup - tip dependant though - which i guess isn't a fair test.
But denon 710's + comply vs TFTA with stock = 30-40%
TFTA with bass (loses highs/mids as you said) = 60%

Talking about the 1XB's here though :)

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #28 of 177
I can't recommend the 1v's more, they are my favourite iem's. Perfect with just the right amount of bass, purely devine experience, I suggest you all drop toot westones, shures, semnheisers, sonys, and give these a try. Trust me and luco, you won't be disappointed, especially you bass lovers try the 1xb's

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #29 of 177
This is great news!

"A couple of things to fill you in on.

1. With the new packaging we will be providing a leather carrying pouch.
2. We will also be including five sets of silicone bugs with the new packaging including 'christmas tree' type ones.

Best regards,

Paul"

Oh Luco:
How do these compare to the W3's and W4's = that is a great talking point.

For me they beat the:
ie8's, w2's, se535's, denon's, MTPG's with EASE - w3's w4's though...= would be interesting to hear
Overall SQ etc, but also what about the bass...i think that's a stupid question though:
No dynamics can touch the TFTA's let alone BA's LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back