Tennmak
Dec 29, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #722 of 1,026
Well.Now i tried the cellos.First of all,i buyed from Amazon.In Italy the cellos are available only from the seller Bohan.They arrived in 5 days.The amazon package was completely sealed but inside i found only the hard case,no earphones,no tips,nothing.I contacted the seller and at the same time amazon.The strange thing,amazon itself did not ask me about the package,or photos.They said that the problem was of the warehouse,and in 2 hours i was refunded.So i immediately buyed another one.The day after Bohan answered me asking some photos of what i received and without nothing more they sent me another cello.Amazon told me that the seller would never answer me.But Bohan was really fast and communicative.I'm impressed.I will definitely buy again from him.Anyway now i have 2 cellos.
Go back to Tennmak.How are the cellos?Well made,nice feelings in my hands,nice metal.The cable seems robust enough.I'm sorry if i will not be so technical but my ears are not Hi End,i just like to listen to good music.I'm 43 yo and i really tried many headphones in my life.
On the cellos i prefere the black big tips.I tried the foam ones but i personally don't like the comfort.And the whirlwind make the sound too bright for my ears.The first time i used them i thought...they really go deep,controlled bass,very nice mids not muddy and perfect for female vocals,really bright and crispy.They're very wide in frequencies.All with an ipod classic 7g.When i tried some flac on my pc with a fiio q1 ,well i was completely blown away.How can the sound change so much?Powerful,dynamic,complete.I cannot explain in words what i had in my mind.The sensation was the same when i tried the sennheiser hd800 for the first time.I'm not comparing them.I'm just saying that the sensation i felt was the same.It makes me want to listen again to all my flacs,like it's the first time i heard them.Impressive.Well made Tennmak.
If i have to find something bad,the L and R on the little black plastic it's almost invisible,really hard to see.The cellos are really good,but they are tips and source sensitive.If you want to feel what they have to offer,you need good flacs.

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #725 of 1,026
  Hi guys!
Received my Crazy Cello today. I'm giving them their first listen right know, liking them so far.
Which tips do you use with them? Right know I'm using the black ones, I didn't how the foams felt on my ears! 
Have anyone tried them with the KZ Starline?

Will post some photos as soon as I have some time.

I didn't care much for the original foams either, but the silicone tips made them too bright for my tastes.  I'm using some random foams I got off of eBay, and am happy with that pairing.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #726 of 1,026
Does anyone know what size comply foam's will fit the tennmaks? 400? 500?

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #729 of 1,026
hi people! i'm new here. i've been wanting to buy tenmak pro since December but fiio recently came out with the f3, which is the same price. so i'd like to ask that if anyone here has listened to both, please reply, thanks!

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #731 of 1,026
Just got my Tennmak Pro

I would have to say I'm disappointed

The cable is fantastic, looks and feel even better than in the pictures. The design are just great, they sit nicely even in my tiny ears.

But as for the sound, It just didn't live up to the hype. Tonally, it's a little bit too dark and heavy. Clarity is no noticeably better than my $8 Panasonic I bought on amazon. As for the supposedly impressive soundstage, I can't find it in those I've received. Is there something wrong with my ears? or these are defected? or they need more burn-in? or they just sucks....

oh, I can't stretch enough the horrible quality control of Tennmak as my left connector is extremely flimsy and wobbly, I'm under a constant fear of the signal being cut off, though it haven't happened yet. 

TL;DR: Everything beside the cable, box and housing is ranked from horrible to exceptionally average.

p/s: sorry this sounds hateful, I wish I didn't keep my hope so high for these.

Agreed, I've certainly not been blown away by these Tennmak Pros. I'm not a connoisseur of Chifi IEMs as of yet (one day no doubt), but I personally don't think they sound good enough (for their moderate budget price) to be considered gems in their price-range.

The Shure-ish flat profile is certainly a fantastic asset though.
Unfortunately the QC is poor (at least on my set) - one channel keeps disconnecting due to poor connection of the cable (someone mentioned a new custom cable being shipped with new orders of the pro so maybe that fixes it).

Has anyone tried the upgrade cable you can buy on AE (or elsewhere) and can comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back