Tempting new Virtual Dynamics power cord-- $50!
Aug 13, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #526 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by Calanctus
andrzejpw, the Power 3 seems to be going for $75 (promo offer on Audiogon ).

Inflation has hit us. When dcg and I got ours somewhere near the beginning of this thread, we were able to get them at $45, IIRC.

Aug 13, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #527 of 698
Hmm, so used is the way to go now, eh? With you guys playing with your expensive cords. . .
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2002 at 11:57 AM Post #529 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by JohnActon
Hey, you've been pretty mum regarding the Analysis Plus Silver Oval ICs (unless I missed your post). What do you think of 'em?

JA
Don't want to hijack this thread too much, but the AP Silver Oval IC sounds very similar to AP Silver Oval speaker cables I have. (strange but 1 meter ICs cost more than 8ft speaker cable!)
Am trying to get used AZ Silver Reference at Audiogon, then I can do detailed comparison: AZ Silver Reference vs HT ProSilway II vs AP Silver Oval. I will probably sell one of these three after comparing so my "collection" doesn't get too big. I think all three of these will be a notch above the inexpensive HomeGrown Silver Laces used in system 2.

Did you get some Mapleshade heavy foot cones for your amp yet?
Ric at VD told me he uses Sistrum Audio rack for his gear, notice that brass cones point up in this system:
Sistrum Audio Rack

P3 Cord for $50 and $75
Original version version of P3 listed at Audiogon was $50 a few months ago. Then VD got the Cryo system, and the price for P3 Cryo version went up to $75 and should sound slightly better vs old P3.

Aug 13, 2002 at 12:10 PM Post #530 of 698
I would just like to ask how this thread got into the running for the Thread With the Most Replies--did Ricky pitch in or what?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 13, 2002 at 3:19 PM Post #531 of 698
PM
Did you see this recent thread at Cable Aslylum comparing various AC cords including VD Sigs and Zu Mother:
AC cords
That guy has some very expensive audio gear in his system.
In my system overall I prefer the VD Reference vs Zu Mother, but I can see where many would like the Zu Mother. If I didn't have the VD Reference & Nite AC cords I would be very impressed with Zu Mothers compared with other AC cords I've tried.

Aug 14, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #532 of 698
DA,

Wow - that Sistrum rack/implement of torture looks like it really means business! Unfortunately, it's too rich for my blood. Yes, as soon as I get around to it, I think I'm going to order some additional Mapleshade cones for my amp.

I also saw that VD-related thread over at the Asylum. It looks like VD is finally getting the exposure they deserve.

Thanks for the info regarding the AP Silver Oval IC.

Aug 15, 2002 at 6:42 PM Post #533 of 698
Friends,

Mycomputer is in the shop so I have been out of it for a few days. It's great to see the most recent posts. Keep at it! I'll check in from ti,e to time until I get my machine back.

JA,

Just like you my soundstage has grown in heigth. I cannot explain it but it is happening although it has diminished slightly over the last few weeks. Let me know if your height seems to settle in or change in any way. I'd be very interested to know.

Talk nsoon.

Best
Brian

Aug 15, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #534 of 698
BK
The guys at VD are at it again. I just recently traded my two P2s for a new Reference AC, and the new models have a reduced version of the SOL (speed of light) tech contained in the Nite series. This probably makes the new Reference about as good as the old Signature.............PM mentioned this briefly re his Reference he just ordered.

OK, who has received their Nite package?

Aug 15, 2002 at 8:48 PM Post #535 of 698
In the past week I have received outlaw PCA interconnects, PSC digital cable, and 3 Virtual Dynamics Power 3 cords. None of this is broken in but the outlaws went in first and there was a noticeable but small immediate improvement in definition and soundstage over the AR's I was using before. Based on their cost I think these were worth the money.

When I put the VD Power 3's in, even though they are not broken in I can only come up with this analogy. You are looking off in the distance and a person comes up to you and says "can you see ok?" you reply I can see just fine, I have 20/20 vision. He say's try these, and hands you a pair of glasses. To humor him you put them on and, WOW!, I thought I could see perfect before but now I can see better! A lot better.

The power 3's are on my source (DV47-A) and the Grace 901, the 3rd Power 3 is waiting for a new amp which has not arrived yet.

So I've gone from barely believing in good interconnects and believing that after market AC cords were a bunch of hype, to believing in both!

And I wanted to post on what's likely to be the largest thread ever!
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2002 at 10:06 PM Post #536 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by 88Sound
When I put the VD Power 3's in, even though they are not broken in I can only come up with this analogy. You are looking off in the distance and a person comes up to you and says "can you see ok?" you reply I can see just fine, I have 20/20 vision. He say's try these, and hands you a pair of glasses. To humor him you put them on and, WOW!, I though I could see perfect before but now I can see better! A lot better.

The power 3's are on my source (DV47-A) and the Grace 901, the 3rd Power 3 is waiting for a new amp which has not arrived yet.

So I've gone from barely believing in good interconnects and believing that after market AC cords were a bunch of hype, to believing in both!

Now you have to be wondering, how much better would those VD Audition AC cords sound......... heh,heh,heh

Aug 15, 2002 at 10:12 PM Post #537 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel

Now you have to be wondering, how much better would those VD Audition AC cords sound......... heh,heh,heh

88Sound: I call dibs on the power cord when you sell it.
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #538 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
PM
Did you see this recent thread at Cable Aslylum comparing various AC cords including VD Sigs and Zu Mother:
AC cords
That guy has some very expensive audio gear in his system.
In my system overall I prefer the VD Reference vs Zu Mother, but I can see where many would like the Zu Mother. If I didn't have the VD Reference & Nite AC cords I would be very impressed with Zu Mothers compared with other AC cords I've tried.

DA,
My system has gotten considerably sweeter in the midband, although at this point I'm not sure if its the Mother or the PS Audio JuiceBar. I've run across a couple of other posts concerning the Mother and a loss of depth which is what I am experiencing.

My Ref hasn't arrived yet believe it or not. I'm loosing faith fast, as this is the second foul up out of two seperate orders.

BTW, which AC cords are you running to your amp and source? What are your thoughts as to the importance or priority of AC cords to amplifiers?

Aug 17, 2002 at 12:10 PM Post #539 of 698
CDP - Nite AC
DAC, Preamp, MOHR - Reference AC
Amps (2) - Zu Mother
I like to put best AC cord on CDP, and work down to amps last.

I just recently traded in two P2 AC cords for another Reference AC, this will allow me to have Reference AC on both amps vs Zu Mother. I never really noticed any real negative 3D effects using Zu Mother in my system, the guy from AA post has really high end gear and preferred the JP max Gold & Zu Mothers vs many of the best AC cords around in the $500-1000 price range. For me the VD Nite/Reference is much better than the Mother or any other AC cord I have tried in the 3D soundstage dept.

Although too late now, I would definitely use Fedex for shipment to Hawaii vs Canada post, would cost a little more but be much faster. I assume you got e-mail from VD when cable shipped?
I live in Ohio and takes 7-8 days for delivery from VD when using Canada Post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back