Tempting new Virtual Dynamics power cord-- $50!
Aug 18, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #543 of 698
I'm hoping it is this week. I saw that it takes 7-8 days to Ohio and I'm in PA. It was picked up in Canada on the 12th and entered the US on the 14th. I don't pick it up on the usps site yet.

Carl

Aug 19, 2002 at 5:33 PM Post #545 of 698
Well I Did It
I finally was able to puchase a mint used AZ Silver Reference IC
pair at Audiogon for 50% discount, this will complete my silver collection. I will use these in conjunction with my AZ Mc2 digital cable on Bel Canto Dac 1.1 (soon to be Dac 2)

Keep an eye out for those Nite deliveries this week.........

Aug 19, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #547 of 698
New VD Reference AC cord just arrived
(PM don't hate me)
It has changed, new label has speed of light graphics. Cable jacket has fine white line criss crossing in black vs all black before. Both ends still have blue connectors.

Will post some updated photos. Does this mean 2 month old References are already outdated?
frown.gif

I bet the new References are equal or better than old Signatures.

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #548 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by discoman
andrzejpw, I remember VD sells a Power 3 cord w/ 3 prong female plug. Just use it like an extension cord. Give VD a call.

What would the point be then? Wouldn't I still be using my denon's cord?

Aug 20, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #549 of 698
DA, that's very interesting. The VD Reference AC cord I kept (the other two went back home to Virtual Dynamics for credit towards the two Nite AC cords I now have) has the crisscrossing white lines on the cable jacket, just as you described. However, I've had my Reference for at least a couple months now. Is it possible VD slipped me a beta version of the upgraded Reference? It's more likely, I suppose, that I just got a new jacket. And since I sent back the other References, I can't do a direct comparison. It sounds very nice, though!!!

I've had these Nites in my system now for some time, and they continue to amaze me. Their biggest virtue is their astounding 3-D soundstage. Brian, if anything, I've noticed that the height of my soundstage has increased since I've gotten the Nites (I've been fine-tuning my speaker placement, however, so that may be more of a contributing factor than any actual improvements over time in the Nites). Still, this is the first time my system has ever portrayed images beyond the lateral edges of my speakers as well as above them. I can't say enough good stuff. I can't stop listening. It's like a cult - I've been converted! Where's that kool-aid, Jim Jones?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 20, 2002 at 5:47 AM Post #552 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Well I Did It
I finally was able to puchase a mint used AZ Silver Reference IC
pair at Audiogon for 50% discount, this will complete my silver collection. I will use these in conjunction with my AZ Mc2 digital cable on Bel Canto Dac 1.1 (soon to be Dac 2)

What a coincidence. I have the AZ Satori due by the end of the week, or early next week. Congrats on the Silver Ref. You are an audio-animal!
smily_headphones1.gif
Be sure to post a review as I may be tempted to give those a try (in combo with my AZ Matrix), to see how they will size up to the Varials. This will be after the holidays as my system is about to undergo some very major changes soon.

Aug 20, 2002 at 8:10 AM Post #553 of 698
andrzejpw, the VD P3 extension cord will "filter" the power before enter/exit your stock cord, works similar to a power conditioner. Even you replace you stock cords or IEC cords, the internal wire is still there, right. Of course we are talking about voodoo science here.
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2002 at 8:17 AM Post #554 of 698
For those using VD cord, a quick question.

How secure the IEC female is connected to your gear?

My VD Power 3's IEC can't even hold the cord its own weight! It is sagging! I need to put a small block under the cable.

Aug 20, 2002 at 11:51 AM Post #555 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by JohnActon
DA, I've gone ahead and ordered some more of those Mapleshade cones for use under my amp. Curses! Beween these and the power cords, I've become a tweaker!!!

Might as well get those Mapleshade brass heavy hats as well, place some on top of gear to damp/tune vibrations. Plus they look pretty cool.
cool.gif

Soundstage
The amazing massive 3D soundstage produced by the high end VD cords will have you worshipping at the altar of the audio gods,
it is an addiction which has no cure, and there is no going back to your old AC cord. I immediately noticed this vs other cords I have tried, this is what makes VD cords special.

PM
I have more money invested in cables now as a % of total system cost than ever before with all the VD AC cords, but I've never heard so much improvement before, I have always lusted for AZ Silver Reference but thought price was not worth it (even at 50% retail) I have now changed my opinion as to how much of total system to spend on cables, so it is time to go for it.

Disco
If you get a P3 or P2 cord definitely get the flex connect feature which makes it much easier to connect to gear behind rack:
P2 Flex Connect
If you call VD they can work out upgrade deal for you, if you can swing it try to upgrade to the Audition cord, easier to connect and sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back