Tempting new Virtual Dynamics power cord-- $50!
Oct 27, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #691 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Hirsch will have to come clean soon, I would say his cables either have arrived or will any day now.......I hope he got at least a Reference or higher model AC cord. He is using a P3 now, can you imagine the look on his face when he compares the two, on good stereo system it will take about 30 seconds of one track to realize his P3 is history. (with AC cord broken in properly)

I'm doing a complete system rewire, and wanted to get the best I could. Rick has run them through his cable cooker, and they should be en route. The only problem is I'm not sure what cables I'm supposed to use during the day...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 4:49 AM Post #692 of 698
Jude,
I publicly challenge you to try one of VD's better cables-- even a "lowly" Power 1 ($199 retail but actually available for less), or an Audition or Reference power cable. These are much more fair competition for your $350 Tsunami cable (VD marketing hyperbole or no).

I'm sure you're up to it, and I wouldn't be surprised if VD was up to loaning you any cable of theirs for an evaluation, but again, I do not pretend to speak for them. I know what my ears have heard, and what has been verified by many Head-Fi'ers since-- these cables are special. No one here has tried a Basic Cable-- we've all started at the Power 3 or above, and you should do likewise.

What do you say?

Mark

Oct 28, 2002 at 5:03 AM Post #693 of 698
Jude,

Take up Mark's challenge, please. While the "magic dust" and Home Depot remarks are funny they do a disservice to what is one of the most significant audio upgrades available. Notice that I don't call this a tweak anymore. It really is more like a major component upgrade. I don't think you could do better by spending the same amount upgrading amplifiers for example.

So, put the knife away and call Rick, PLEASE!

Best
Brian

Oct 28, 2002 at 1:49 PM Post #694 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
I publicly challenge you to try one of VD's better cables-- even a "lowly" Power 1 ($199 retail but actually available for less), or an Audition or Reference power cable. These are much more fair competition for your $350 Tsunami cable (VD marketing hyperbole or no).

Grow up. Jude listened to a VD product and posted his impression. That's fair, and VD will survive a negative comment on the Basic. However, your're overrreacting like a manufacturer representative to a bad review. I'm getting some VD cables and will post my impressions. Based on my experience with their entry-level cables, I'm optimistic, but I will say what I hear, not what I expect. Others are of course entitled to their own opinions. If you don't take diversity of opinion quite so personally, it makes forum interactions much more pleasant.

Oct 28, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #695 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
No one here has tried a Basic Cable-- we've all started at the Power 3 or above, and you should do likewise.

Mark

Fredpd started with the basic cable and said he couldn't tell the difference. On the other hand, I have not read anyone say anything negative about power 3 or above, so many good comments its crazy. I've got the power 1 just waiting to be used.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Oct 29, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #696 of 698
Hirsch,
Since I don't know you personally but only through your posts here at Head-Fi which have always been very civil I was surprised at your comments to "markl" and thought they were a little harsh. Nothing he said seemed to merit that response but maybe I am seeing things that are not there. I hope so.

I will add that due to Jude's stature and postion at Head-Fi his comments carry as much weight as anyone at Head-Fi and muh more than most so a negative from him is a little more noteworthy.

I think Mark is right in suggesting that Jude get another cable and not just an entry level model that would be the least likely to show what the VD cables can really do compared to the rest of those offered in VD's considerable catalog.

I will add that I don't necessatilly find anything wrong with Jude's post either but I do think we should keep our eye on the ball here and, even though build quality or engineering principles are an issure, we should keep our opinions focused on what things sound like and forget what falls out of the cable.

I hope you take this as it is intended. I just thought that since you generally seem like a reasonable person your somewhat harsh comments seemed out of character.

I should say here that even though I know Mark on a more personal level than I know most Head-Fi'es my opinions here have nothing to do with that relationship. I am not sticking up for him just because we are friendly. I just think we are getting a little off the subject.

Other than that I need to talk to you about some tubes.

Best
Brian

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #697 of 698
Still waiting for my Nite component video cables and they will hopefully arrive in the next few weeks. Has anyone else tried the component video cables ? I am very pleased with all the recent purchases of the Nite audio cables, so I will let all know just how good the video cables are compared to my expensive Tara Labs cables.
I am also going to try replacing all the s-video cables with Ricks Night's RCA cables to see exactly the difference is.

I will be upconverting the svideo and rca signals to component video using the Proceed CVP2 and trying many different combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back