Tempting new Virtual Dynamics power cord-- $50!
Sep 19, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #662 of 698
DA, Nice pictures. Digital cameras are great!

Without intending to, I will become the proud owner of yet another aftermarket power cord. This is a result of my amp deal falling through--the dealer had a demo for sale, charged my cc but had oversold, so I was going to have to wait for ? amount of time. I cancelled and ordered a PS Audio HCA2 amp...which included a bundled PS Audio Lab II power cord as a free bonus. I was told the power cord costs around $400 retail.

The HCA2 is said to be very sensitive to the power cord, so I'll try the stock cord first, the Lab II and the VD Reference (my favourite of the 2 serious cords I have tried) to see what I prefer.

Sep 19, 2002 at 5:37 PM Post #663 of 698
I just checked the Virtual Dynamics web site, and found out that the Power 3, which was $150, is not being sold for $75!!!! Much closer to their original $50 introduction price, and, from what I have read so far, worth every penny!!

Enjoy!

Doug
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 6:24 PM Post #664 of 698
Friends,

This thread will probably never die. We just need some new blood. Someone with some headroom on their credit cards. The rest of us are maxed out.

To eric343,

I am not kidding you when I say if I had skipped the lower level cables and started with a Nite I would have absolutely stoked at the diffeence in quality. I am still as enthusiastic about these things as the daay I first heard them.

DA,

Nice pictures!

Mark,

It would be nice to hear from you a little more often.

Best
Brian

Best
Brian

Sep 20, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #665 of 698
Still waiting for the Nite Biwire speaker cables hopefully next week. Been on the phone to Rick as I am now fully Nite with the exception of Component video and we have been disussing what the video package might look like.

I will once I get my Proceed CVP2 be paring that with the AVP2 an upcoverting all video (S-video and composite as well as HD and component pass thru) to component like in the Levinson No40. So am thinking what better component video cables than Nites? Rick feels they are awsome and giving what I am hearing with all the Nites I have now will just have to try them.

Cant wait to get exerything converted to Nites and make the final assesment....

Sep 20, 2002 at 2:11 PM Post #666 of 698
Audioman,

I've got a set of component nites and a nite power coming from Rick in about 2 weeks. I'll be using them with my rear projection HDTV. Rick says they're great....I hope so. I'll post my results when I get them. I'm currently using a reference PC to run my Audio Magic Stealth which runs my whole HT. It was a nice improvement over the stock Audio Magic Stealth pc. Let's see what the night pc can do....

Sep 21, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #667 of 698
Quote:

Mark,
It would be nice to hear from you a little more often.

Here I am BK! All's well (as well as could be, at least). Still greatly enjoying my VD cords.

Maybe we need to "fan out" here. How could anyone even contemplate another power cord here at Head-Fi after this thread? Maybe it's too long for the un-initiated after all.

I could end this thread by starting a new one. I could compile everyone's opinions into a single post proclaiming the virtues of the VD cords. Or, we could just let this one be. What do you think, participants in the second longest thread in Head-Fi history?

markl

Sep 22, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #668 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by markl

I could end this thread by starting a new one. I could compile everyone's opinions into a single post proclaiming the virtues of the VD cords. Or, we could just let this one be. What do you think, participants in the second longest thread in Head-Fi history?

markl

Don't end it! If it dies, let it die a natural death...but maybe it will resurface from time to time as someone new buys a VD cord.

A compilation post (including any new inputs you have) sounds good though--really useful for anyone interested in these cords.

Sep 25, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #669 of 698
I just looked at VD's home page and saw that their Audition Series interconnects are 1/2 price !! For those who have waited to upgrade their interconnects, this would seem like the perfect time to do so!!
eek.gif
Normally priced at $400 for a meter, they are now only $200!!!!
Here's the link for quick access:

http://www.virtualdynamics.ca/home/

Lord Bless,

doug p.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #670 of 698
I should be getting one of these cords in the mail this week or next week. I'll probably try it with my home theater receiver first. Has anyone tried it with a powered subwoofer?

Sep 28, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #671 of 698
I now have a complete Nite setup. As a reminder here is the setup once again:

4 Nite Power Cords

1 - Proceed AVP2 Pre
1 - Proceed AMP 5
1 - Rotel 1080 CD/DVD
1 - ExactPower H15A

5 Nite Interconnects to form AVP2 to AMP5 L,R,C,RS,LS.

1 - Nite Sub Interconnect

1 – Nite Digital Cable

3 Nite Speaker cables L, R, C Bi-Wired
(Just recieved these 9/25/2002)

All is installed and running and has been now for approx 48 Hours. All I can say is these cables are very impressive!

This system has come alive and I notice tighter more defined bass, more detail and instruments sound more natural and seperated with a bigger soundstage. Once I added the Bi-Wire Nite speaker cables I have to say the Nites package blew my old cables away hands down.

Now that I have converted all my audio over to Nites and I will soon be going to Phase 2 and converting all my component video over to VD Nites and can’t wait. Will need a another Nite PC for the CVP2 I will be getting! I have to say that Rick has been great and has been a pleasure talking with him throughout this major uprade. He is now working on amps and I may have to try one when they are availiable.

Also my previous comment :

“Before I made the change I took an amp and wattage reading from my ExactPower unit and it was running at 774 Watts 6amps at room volume with all equipment on, after the change the unit reads 738 Watts and 6 amps at the same room volume (with all equipment on)”

still holds and my amp does seem to be running slightly cooler.

Any more comments from Carl or Brian or anyone else that may have an entire Nite package?

tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2002 at 2:15 PM Post #672 of 698
I have found my high frequency extension and "air"!!! Of course it took a new (used) preamp to get it. I bought a Sonic Frontiers Line 1 pre last night off a guy on Audiogon. Turns out he lived only 10 minutes away - bonus! I now have my Power 1 going to the Line 1 and my Power 3 going to the Anthem MCA 20 amp. This combination sounded better than putting one of these PC's to the Musical Fidelity A3CD CDP. Of course the new purchase means that I will have to get another PC. I will probably get a Reference for the CDP. I am currently using a pair of Straighwire Encore II from the CDP to the pre and will look to replace them down the road with something along the way of HT/Zen/Silver Audio cables. I can run a balanced connection between the pre and the amp so somewhere down the road I will get a silver cable for this as well but it is not urgent. The VD cables make a good noticeable improvement to my sound in the system as I have it now. And, these are two of the more affordably priced PC's available from VD. My conclusion is that using a surround receiver as a pre can get you by but you lose extension and definition on both frequency ends. Bass is also much better definded with the new pre and I can't believe all the detail I am hearing! The SFI Line 1 comes with a HeadRoom amplifier built in but unfortunately I have been unable to try it out as my headphones are kaput and the guy who sold me the pre sold his HD 600's to someone else. But, I have to stop the insanity. I have spent far too much money in the last while. So unless I come across a steal of a used deal I won't be buying anymore hardware for a little while. But I do need a PC for my CDP...

T^2

Oct 4, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #673 of 698
Well count me in as a new VD fan. Recently I purchased acidtripwow's Nite Digital cable. To cut to the chase I'm enjoying the best redbook playback I've ever had in my system (333ES to Full Nelson Link Dac/PowerBase). I had been going back and forth between AZ mc2 and Synergistic Research resolution reference and found the Nite to easily better them in terms of soundstage (esp. front to back depth) and the bass (much more extension yet still tight and fast). This was a bigger upgrade than adding the DAC, using a Monarcy DIP or upsampling (in my rig). The only drawback is the size of this thing - it's huge and heavy so careful installation is a must.
So.....naturally I'm starting to check out more VD stuff. The next to arrive was one of the Basic Cryo Power cords (yup the 35$ one). This is the best entry level PC I've ever seen. Built like a tank - big and heavy- well constructed and dressed in white. Although physically big it is quite flexable in a floppy sort of way and not too bad to install. I hooked up my amp (displacing a PS Audio Lab-also huge but much stiffer and harder to deal with) and dynamics (impact) improved in a -big -way. Unbelieveable performance for such an affordable cable ($35 vs $500). These VD guys are on to something..............

Oct 4, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #674 of 698
Quote:

Originally posted by TB1
Well count me in as a new VD fan. Recently I purchased acidtripwow's Nite Digital cable. To cut to the chase I'm enjoying the best redbook playback I've ever had in my system (333ES to Full Nelson Link Dac/PowerBase). I had been going back and forth between AZ mc2 and Synergistic Research resolution reference and found the Nite to easily better them in terms of soundstage (esp. front to back depth) and the bass (much more extension yet still tight and fast).

I totally agree. I have even tried the new Synergistic Res Ref X-series (and returned them and the VD nites blew them away. I changed my entire system over and am working on the video now with Rick.

Steve

Oct 7, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #675 of 698
I just ordered VD audition interconnects and a power series one cable... and I have no amp to use them with.
eek.gif

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back