TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Dec 13, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #76 of 240
I just sent the following email to TempoTec, I hope they deal with the issue.

"Dear friends

I just restarted the V6 and it started with BAL in the top notification bar. I put a 3.5 IEM in and it is till showing BAL. Of course, there is no sound because the 3.5 PO is not activated. I have no idea how to get it from BAL to PO. It is very annoying. I need to find a solution because the sound is excellent but as you can see, I am constantly posting/reviewing the V6 on the Head-Fi app under the avatar 'dharmasteve', and need to be 100% honest in my posts. Please find a solution to the problem. Why does it get stuck in balanced mode?

May you all be well

Steve (dharmasteve)"

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #77 of 240
I may be wrong but I believe it is bad soldering. I had that on the charging port of my Littlebear B4X, which meant that charging was pot luck, worked sometimes and other times, no charge. I took that to be repaired, and the repairs it needed was soldering. I now have the same with the 2.5mm port on the Littlebear, selective sound output.
I have V1 and V1A. The charging port is down in V1. Thus, it's 50x50. I mean QC.

Dec 14, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #78 of 240
I have V1 and V1A. The charging port is down in V1. Thus, it's 50x50. I mean QC.
It is unfortunate that some potentially good brands make good products but let themselves down on QC.

I hope the Tempotec V6 does turn out to be good on QC, given the reports here on the good sound quality. Fingers crossed.

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #79 of 240
It is unfortunate that some potentially good brands make good products but let themselves down on QC.

I hope the Tempotec V6 does turn out to be good on QC, given the reports here on the good sound quality. Fingers crossed.
Build is so far very good. I'm gonna upgrade tonight and see how that goes

Dec 14, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #83 of 240
Still waiting on my Kickstarter order placed on the last day....It has finally moved on from distribution center to transit to the next facility today. Myabe I'll receive by Christmas, I hope!

Dec 18, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #84 of 240
Wow, why do more people not know of how amazing this player is? I've just received our units and it's utterly incredible. I have just put my Cayin N6ii away and now rocking this player permanently.
Wow! That's really high praise for V6. I do not have much experience of hearing totl daps but I love this device. It ticked all my boxes in a portable dap. Two sd card slots would have been the cherry on top.

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #85 of 240
Well sadly I have to say TempoTec V6 after care is beyond poor. I have an unusual problem with my V6. After using the headphone BAL 4.4mm output, when the Jack is removed the V6 does not reset and usually stays on BAL (still showing in the 'Notifications' bar). That means when I try to use the 3.5mm PO output there is no sound. Sooner or even later....can be a good few minutes, the BAL clears, so the Balanced works great, but the 3.5mm often does not work until the V6 decides to clear from BAL to 3,5mm PO and the little headphone symbol shows on the bar. It seems TempoTec are abdigating their after care responsibilities. I have a line of sent emails to TempoTec describing the issue. Barring one reply asking me to describe the issue....they are Shtum......nothing at all. As someone who was a kickstarter backer that, to me, is useless. £250 for something that does not do what it should. Be wary of TempoTec.

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #86 of 240
Well sadly I have to say TempoTec V6 after care is beyond poor. I have an unusual problem with my V6. After using the headphone BAL 4.4mm output, when the Jack is removed the V6 does not reset and usually stays on BAL (still showing in the 'Notifications' bar). That means when I try to use the 3.5mm PO output there is no sound. Sooner or even later....can be a good few minutes, the BAL clears, so the Balanced works great, but the 3.5mm often does not work until the V6 decides to clear from BAL to 3,5mm PO and the little headphone symbol shows on the bar. It seems TempoTec are abdigating their after care responsibilities. I have a line of sent emails to TempoTec describing the issue. Barring one reply asking me to describe the issue....they are Shtum......nothing at all. As someone who was a kickstarter backer that, to me, is useless. £250 for something that does not do what it should. Be wary of TempoTec.
I also wrote them about the new HibyMusic apk they posted exclusively on FB over a week ago, no response since. It's sad to see they act like this.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #87 of 240
It’s not gonna help much for sure, but my V6 perfectly detects Bal/3.5 for PO/LO, even with simple adapters —nothing connected. This make me think the output detection feature is a mechanical plug presence detection and is probably broken on yours…

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #88 of 240
Where are you based?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back