TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 238

ChrisOc

Headphoneus Supremus
The Tempotec V6 is currently available to back on Kickstarter until the 5th of October 2022.

You get what could be a good discount if you pledge. Your money will not be taken unless the project has attained its objective.

If the project goes ahead, those who backed the project have this thread to discuss the process while they wait. On completion those who own the V6 can have their discussion space.

Screenshot_20221002-222451_Gallery.jpg

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 238
As an owner of the V1 and Serenade X, I jumped on the Kickstarter campaign early on. Looking forward to this being out in the wild.

Oct 3, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 238
How's the usability of the Serenade X? I've been thinking of adding a wiim mini or this one to my stereo setup.
I've got mine in the office paired with an iFi Zen Can. I'm mostly using with cheaper iems (S12, Aria snow, Tipsy Ttromso, Hiby Hela....), but am pretty happy with the sound of the combo.

Usability wise it works for me as I'm only using it to play music stored on a usb stick. The screen is to hand, so easy to choose tracks and the Hiby link app is handy.

I did use streaming on Qobuz for a while, but was pretty cumbersome tbh, so really wouldn't recommend for that.
The OS is fine, however I've had quite a few crashes for no particular reason, requiring me to pull the plug and restart.

20221003_133400.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 238
I've got mine in the office paired with an iFi Zen Can. I'm mostly using with cheaper iems (S12, Aria snow, Tipsy Ttromso, Hiby Hela....), but am pretty happy with the sound of the combo.

Usability wise it works for me as I'm only using it to play music stored on a usb stick. The screen is to hand, so easy to choose tracks and the Hiby link app is handy.

I did use streaming on Qobuz for a while, but was pretty cumbersome tbh, so really wouldn't recommend for that.
The OS is fine, however I've had quite a few crashes for no particular reason, requiring me to pull the plug and restart.

That looks nice! Thanks for sharing your impressions. I was planning to use qobuz as I don't have a collection of downloaded files. Guess it's a no- go for me.

Oct 3, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 238
That looks nice! Thanks for sharing your impressions. I was planning to use qobuz as I don't have a collection of downloaded files. Guess it's a no- go for me.
I was exploring Qobuz on my phone, then saving to favourites.
Then opening Qobuz on the X and playing from favourites there. Not ideal.
Searching using the X was pretty painful, so I suspect you are right and it probably isn't for you.

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 238

20221003_133400.jpg
Nice setup you have there!

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 238
Thanks, I'm happy with my office setup.
Hopefully the V6 and my RS2 will satisfy on the move.
Then onto some home upgrades!

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #11 of 238
I was exploring Qobuz on my phone, then saving to favourites.
Then opening Qobuz on the X and playing from favourites there. Not ideal.
Searching using the X was pretty painful, so I suspect you are right and it probably isn't for you.
Tell me more about it. I installed Tidal on my firestick thinking I could play music directly from TV to my speakers. Then I found out I have to save the albums as favorites and play them from Plex. And that's 44.1/16.

Oct 5, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #12 of 238
Kickstarter have taken my money for the V6. Hopefully only a few weeks from these being produced.

Oct 5, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #14 of 238
We have lift off. Hopefully, it will not be a long wait.
Tempotec provided an update saying, "The mass production is conducting in an orderly manner".
They also mentioned that the discount is still available on indiegogo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back