TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Nov 8, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #228 of 239
Oooh, thanks to this thread I now realised there is a new firmware. OTA Update done and now listening again.
Seems there is a new version of Hiby music installed.
Will be interesting to see if there are obvious differences

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #229 of 239
Can agree the new firmware seems to be tightly refined.

Oooh, thanks to this thread I now realised there is a new firmware. OTA Update done and now listening again.
Seems there is a new version of Hiby music installed.
Will be interesting to see if there are obvious differences

I download the OTA update and as the V6 reboots to install, it shoes the little robot with 'error', and boots into the old Firmware. I've done this a few times, and also tried install 'later' and the same error occurs. There is nowhere on the Tempotec site to do download a local update of the FW. Any ideas guys?

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #231 of 239
I download the OTA update and as the V6 reboots to install, it shoes the little robot with 'error', and boots into the old Firmware. I've done this a few times, and also tried install 'later' and the same error occurs. There is nowhere on the Tempotec site to do download a local update of the FW. Any ideas guys?
@dharmasteve: Have you tried the usual?
Doing it again, doing it while on external power? Lastly, doing a factory reset and trying it again?
The error *sounds* like corrupt download...

I just managed to get the FW 1.10 from the Tempotec Site on my PC. How do I install locally. Do I put it in the "Root" folder and reboot?

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #233 of 239
I just managed to get the FW 1.10 from the Tempotec Site on my PC. How do I install locally. Do I put it in the "Root" folder and reboot?
I had trouble with the OTA update too. The way you get it done is to completely remove your micro SD card, and then initiate the download. This is how I had to do it to get to the new one.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #234 of 239
I had trouble with the OTA update too. The way you get it done is to completely remove your micro SD card, and then initiate the download. This is how I had to do it to get to the new one.
Wow! You deserve some praise. Well done my friend. You are totally right. For everybody....take out your SD card before you do an OTA update. Thank you friend, you have saved me a lot of migraines. Excellent. The only thing is when I open Plugins in the audio settings I do not have 'dynamics', as another has mentioned.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #235 of 239
Does Tempotec V6 have only Bluetooth 4.1 and not 5.0 as it says in the most reviews?
SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 has hardware Bluetooth 4.1. So if 5.0 is true, the different BT module has to be presented on the motherboard. We don't have yet any teardown photographs so I dag into firmware. There is configuration for Qualcomm BT vendor /etc/bluetooth/bt_did.conf (Bluetooth Device ID (DID) configuration)
# 0x001D = Qualcomm
vendorId = 0x001D
also found strings in BT-related libs and binaries like "android8hardware9bluetooth4V1_014implementation".
So it must be Qualcomm hardware BT 4.1 in use. Am I right?

Dec 10, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #236 of 239
My v6 has always worked well but I do struggle synching my iTunes flac library. It’s all well and good to do an initial drag of the files to a 1tb sd card but how do you keep it all updated? What’s worked for others?

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #237 of 239
my v6 died a couple of months ago. It was just about still under guarantee so I contacted Tempotec and sent it back for repair. It came back yesterday. It just wouldn't boot after a small, but fatal fall. They've replaced the pcb, screen and back cover and applied screen protectors front and back and also included a new case. It took me about 3 hours to work out how to get the language to English but now I've got it back and working in it's full glory.
I've not read much love for Tempotec's customer service but, for me, they've been superb.

It was really nerve wracking posting it 12,000 miles and not being sure about what was going to happen but I'm over the moon.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #238 of 239
Tempotec has a new “black wheel” version on sale in their AliExpress store at…$209.30 !!! It’s an early bird deal, so quantities may be limited.
I understand the complaints about Tempotec poor customer support, but I have had no issue with my V6, and at that price…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back