TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Jul 30, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #196 of 239
And then my V6 bricked while charging. It’s stuck on bootup splash screen and unresponsive.
Trying to discharge the battery to see if it can be revived. So for now V6 is a brick charger 🤦‍♂️
IMG_3137.jpeg

Aug 4, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #199 of 239
So far, I have not been disappointed whatsoever with this player. Everything works great and sounds great. Hiby is a great player app and so is JetAudio. JetAudio has really great spacial separation and vocals. Hiby is all around good.
Though it has not given me much confidence on how it may hold up down the road but I have to agree.. It is a really great sounding DAP with more than enough power. Been watching/streaming movie on it too.

Aug 4, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #200 of 239
Though it has not given me much confidence on how it may hold up down the road but I have to agree.. It is a really great sounding DAP with more than enough power. Been watching/streaming movie on it too.
Same, not sure how long it will last.
I've had the odd glitch were the screen jumps around all over the place and Amazon music can be a bit slow.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #201 of 239
The V6 is a good sounding DAP. Sadly Tempotec's customer service/warranty is worthless. My unit can only use 4.4mm as the 3.5 will not engage. Tempotec are not a honourable company. There was a correspondence thread for a while which Tempotec just stopped. The warranty is totally worthless. I bought mine direct having backed the original Kickstarter project. Not a good company at all.

Aug 4, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #202 of 239
Same, not sure how long it will last.
I've had the odd glitch were the screen jumps around all over the place and Amazon music can be a bit slow.
Yes Amazon music can get very frustrating on the V6. Prime Video will also have audio/video sync issues when you pause and play video, hitting the 10-second rewind fixes it.
The V6 is a good sounding DAP. Sadly Tempotec's customer service/warranty is worthless. My unit can only use 4.4mm as the 3.5 will not engage. Tempotec are not a honourable company. There was a correspondence thread for a while which Tempotec just stopped. The warranty is totally worthless. I bought mine direct having backed the original Kickstarter project. Not a good company at all.
They are a nightmare to deal with and will not see myself buying anything from them again. I also got mine on the original kickstarter. While mine is working as it should, I did recently thought that I had it bricked. I was charging it from completely dead battery and it got stuck on boot-up splash screen. I have to totally deplete it’s battery by using it as a battery pack charger and trickle charged it back to life.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #206 of 239
I must advise not to purchase the Tempotec V6. Tempotec are a dishonourable company. I bought the V6 directly from Tempotec on Kickstarter. On receipt the 4.4mm input was fine, but the 3.5mm did not work all the time, the 4.4mm would not always change to the 3.5mm, it would mainly stay on balanced 4.4 even though I plugged a 3.5mm earphone in. After a short dialogue with Tempotec customer services they stopped communicating. A guy from Audio Concierge offered to help, but never did, even though I contacted him directly. He retails the V6. I now have an unsellable V6. Very poor business ethics. The worst side of Ch-Fi. There are many good Ch-Fi companies, but Tempotec are ethically challenged. Avoid!

Sep 25, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #207 of 239
I must advise not to purchase the Tempotec V6. Tempotec are a dishonourable company. I bought the V6 directly from Tempotec on Kickstarter. On receipt the 4.4mm input was fine, but the 3.5mm did not work all the time, the 4.4mm would not always change to the 3.5mm, it would mainly stay on balanced 4.4 even though I plugged a 3.5mm earphone in. After a short dialogue with Tempotec customer services they stopped communicating. A guy from Audio Concierge offered to help, but never did, even though I contacted him directly. He retails the V6. I now have an unsellable V6. Very poor business ethics. The worst side of Ch-Fi. There are many good Ch-Fi companies, but Tempotec are ethically challenged. Avoid!

Not good at all for an in warranty device 🤔 As your in the UK you could try sending to np audio. I had a similar issue with my old Hiby R6 2020 (out of warranty) and they repaired it.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #208 of 239
Got mine from kickstarter and tho I was one of the few that got their DAP earlier without a hitch, is still working and sounding good.. it still remained buggy and sluggish. Just stay as far as you can from this company.

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #209 of 239
What is your feeling on streaming services (Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer,...) using? I mean if UI clunky or acceptable, streaming is stable or not and other related real using experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back