Tempotec V1 & V1A
Nov 23, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #166 of 237
What is the difference between v1.2 and v1.5 firmware?

Btw I have bluetooth issue when using v1a as a Bluetooth receiver to mojo. Sometimes it stop transferring audio signal , but the Bluetooth still connected. Its also make some clicky noise when the issue appears.

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #167 of 237
V1 & V1A. How many hours does the battery take to sit at 0 with e1da 9038s gen3 with 300 ohm headphones?

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #168 of 237
What is the difference between v1.2 and v1.5 firmware?

Btw I have bluetooth issue when using v1a as a Bluetooth receiver to mojo. Sometimes it stop transferring audio signal , but the Bluetooth still connected. Its also make some clicky noise when the issue appears.
it's new and improved... you can read a larger library. Very usefull.

The V1 usually keeps on playing when the BT Hiby link is lost. I always use a cable to the dac (unless i need to charge while playing) and use my phone as remote. It only stops when the file format is not supported.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #169 of 237
V1 & V1A. How many hours does the battery take to sit at 0 with e1da 9038s gen3 with 300 ohm headphones?
The V1 can play a long time. Even with the 9038s I would say like 8h depending on how loud you play. And that also depends on the sensitivity (efficiency) of your hp, not impedance.

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #173 of 237
you can use just any cheap cable, as long as the plugs fit. It's just a digital data cable. I haven't noticed any problem with mine.

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #174 of 237
Hello,

I wanna connect V1 to the Topping D30 Dac.
Which usb-c to usb-B cable will work?

regards,
Simon
alternatively, connect via COAX will be no different for D30...
20201126_055500.jpg

using Hiby Link via Smartphone, can control V1...

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #177 of 237
Can anyone tell me if there is a real difference between this device and a normal Android smartphone in using it as a source for a dongle like Tempotec Sonata HD Pro or Lotoo Paw S1?
in what term ??? from the usage is totally different. V1 is only turntable music player (no DAC), while V1a is with DAC, so you can plug 3.5 SE Cans in it.

V1 / V1a will have simple interference for playing music. Offline, or using SDCard. it can be pair via Bluetooth with LDAC codec (as long your device is also able).
V1 / V1a have their on batteries.

Again.. need to more detail on your question..

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #178 of 237
[/QUOTE]
Can anyone tell me if there is a real difference between this device and a normal Android smartphone in using it as a source for a dongle like Tempotec Sonata HD Pro or Lotoo Paw S1?
If you are planning to use an external dac like the ones you've mentioned I would say the difference will not be huge. Sure, with the Tempotec you will have play/pause and previous/next buttons which come in handy plus a volume control with more steps. You can add up to two sd cards so you can store quite a lot of music. The screen quality and size is miles away from any Android phone but it's safe to say that for a device like this is not that important.
In terms of sound quality, it depends on the dac dongle you are pairing the Tempotec with, in this case the source being less important. For me, the advantage in using a separate source instead of a smartphone is the lack of hiss or any other noise interference. You won't have incoming notifications or calls bothering you when you want to listen to your music and you won't hear the sound distortion from your phone's antennas.

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #180 of 237
in what term ??? from the usage is totally different. V1 is only turntable music player (no DAC), while V1a is with DAC, so you can plug 3.5 SE Cans in it.

V1 / V1a will have simple interference for playing music. Offline, or using SDCard. it can be pair via Bluetooth with LDAC codec (as long your device is also able).
V1 / V1a have their on batteries.

Again.. need to more detail on your question..
I was just talking about sound quality.

I was wondering if anyone had noticed better sound quality by connecting a dongle like Sonata HD Pro or S1 with Tempotec V1 compared to connecting these dongles with a normal Android smartphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back