Tempotec V1 & V1A
Nov 30, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #226 of 237
I updated my V1 to Ver. 1.5 from the Tempotec website but still it reads it's 1.15.
The reason I wanted to update the player is that only one USB DAC is identified by V1. It's CX31993. 3 others (Ztella, Meizu (not Pro) and Hidizs S3Pro) which I possess are not. Either not identified at all or identified for a second than lost. There's no problem about all those in V1A.
How can I fix that?

Are you sure it is 1.15 and not "TempoTecV1 1.5"?
The text is so small that it could easily be misread.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #227 of 237
Are you sure it is 1.15 and not "TempoTecV1 1.5"?
Yeah, you're right. It's 1.5. But it does not solve the problem of connecting the USB DACs. Except for CX31993 which was OK even before updating the FW.

Nov 30, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #228 of 237
Yeah, you're right. It's 1.5. But it does not solve the problem of connecting the USB DACs. Except for CX31993 which was OK even before updating the FW.
Sorry, can't help on that.
I use mine via coax to a mojo.

Do post and let us know if you find a solution.

I ordered a couple of cheap dongles during black friday sales (Avani and Abigail from VE), so may have same issue as you shortly.

Jun 8, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #231 of 237
Aug 21, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #232 of 237
Hi, did anybody have any experience with returns under warranty with Tempotec (bought via AliExpress on Tempotec official store)?

I bought a V1A on AliExpress (Tempotec official store) and after a few months I got crackling in the 3.5 jack and, much worse, USB-C stopped working a few weeks later, so no charge. I contacted Tempotec via AliExpress and they agreed to fix the player for free under warranty, including refund of shipping cost.

1 month ago I sent the player back with shipment tracking. It got delivered and signed 8 days ago to the right address... but Tempotec guys keep on saying they did not receive it. So now I'm without player and lost $30 for shipping :sob:

Did anybody have similar experience with them and how did it turn out? Any suggestions (I doubt I can leverage AliExpress customer support)? Thanks
I had a similar experience.
The left channel on my V1A went out with a sudden pop and was never restored.
I was listening through a usb dongle anyway because the sound from the 3.5 was only so-so.

They sent me a replacement unit and I sent my broken one back while paying the shipping costs (they had promised to reimburse the shipping costs but didn't).

In hindsight it would've been better to keep listening via usb c or even just buy a second unit and harvest it for the battery when it dies of age.

Feb 11, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #233 of 237
So after a long time i decided to revisit packing/unpacking ubi etc. took a bit of time, since all of my previous commands weren't working out (i used mkisofs and genisoimage previously) - player was bootlooping, I found out another way - using xorriso, which fixed the bootlooping problem.

1. Unpacking the upt
xorriso -osirrox on -ecma119_map lowercase -indev update.upt -extract <folder with update.upt> <output directory>/

2. Unpacking UBI file without modyfing permissions (must use root/sudo/doas etc.)
ubireader_extract_files unpacked/system.ubi -k -o <output directory>

Now you can work on the files, theme catalog is in /usr/resources/litegui be careful with view layout files, some of those are sensitive to any changes, and removing some pieces could lead to a bootloop :D

3. Packing it back up
mkfs.ubifs --min-io-size=2048 --leb-size=126976 --max-leb-cnt=1024 -o <new system.ubi path> -r <unpacked/modified system path>/

4. Getting a MD5 checksum
md5sum <new system.ubi path>
You have to paste it in update.txt under the [rootfs] tag, if you won't update will fail due to mismatch of checksums.

5. Lastly - packing it back up with xorriso:
xorriso -as mkisofs -volid 'CDROM' --norock -output update-new.upt <directory your unpacked update>/

Note - the directory should contain those:
  • system.ubi
  • uboot.bin
  • uimage.bin
  • update.txt
  • version.txt
it's ready to use!
Sorry for not giving y'all the commands earlier, but my dumbass reinstalled my OS, and forgot all commands :triumph:

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #234 of 237
This might sound like a total noob question, but today I tried hooking up my TempoTec v1a to my fiio BTR3k via USB C cable ... thinking the audio data flows from DAP to dac/amp and from there to headphone ... I also fiddled around with the USB settings I could find on the TempoTec, but no sound is coming ... the 2 devices seem to see each other / react (TempoTec says 'connected to DAC') .. but it is not working ... what am I doing wrong?

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #235 of 237
This might sound like a total noob question, but today I tried hooking up my TempoTec v1a to my fiio BTR3k via USB C cable ... thinking the audio data flows from DAP to dac/amp and from there to headphone ... I also fiddled around with the USB settings I could find on the TempoTec, but no sound is coming ... the 2 devices seem to see each other / react (TempoTec says 'connected to DAC') .. but it is not working ... what am I doing wrong?
I have not changed anything in BT settings in v1a and everything was done automatically while connecting with Qudelix 5K. Can you try it with another DAC?
I've tried BTR3 and uBTR and everything is fine with both. I mean the connection and the sound on both DACs.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #236 of 237
I have not changed anything in BT settings in v1a and everything was done automatically while connecting with Qudelix 5K. Can you try it with another DAC?
I've tried BTR3 and uBTR and everything is fine with both. I mean the connection and the sound on both DACs.
I tried with earstudio ES100 and there is sound coming through, but all garbled ... i am connection by cable (usb c to usb c / usb c - micro usb) so, I did not even consider changing any BT settings ... thanks for the response though

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #237 of 237
I tried with earstudio ES100 and there is sound coming through, but all garbled ... i am connection by cable (usb c to usb c / usb c - micro usb) so, I did not even consider changing any BT settings ... thanks for the response though
Oh, I am sorry... Somehow I missed the part about Type C connection. Then everything is even more trivial. There's almost a universal problem with Type C connection in V1/As. I have two V1As and one is dead in about a couple of months if it's about the cable connection.
There are options to fix the issue, though. Try to clean the Type C connection with a tooth pick or an air blower. If it does not help then either try to solder the contacts inside or bring it to a repair shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back