Tempotec V1 & V1A
Aug 8, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #211 of 237
maybe too early to tell and difficult to do a proper A/B ... and I am still in 'new toy hype' over the XM4 ... but I am very happy I found that I have an LDAC device and maybe that's even the cheapest around .. now I also have to check on that remote Hiby connection and maybe try one of those firmware upgrades .. I am still on 1.2. not sure what 1.5 improves .. need to read more through this thread
Mainly the limited number of files. With V1. 5 you should not hit the limit with big SD cards or lots of *cough* mp3's *cough*. And the font is slightly larger.

With BT, even LDAC, you will never reach the limit of what the V1 can do.

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #212 of 237
IMG20210226152144.jpg
Got my Penon cable today to link V1 and Mojo by coax
I know this is a few months late, but what is platform/stand and that amp? I use the v1 with a chord mojo too, but using velcro straps, not too ideal for desktop. I had more than I few scares where my v1+mojo almost fell from the table (thankfully, I usually catch it before hitting the floor).

Your setup looks great for desktop listening...

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #213 of 237
Mainly the limited number of files. With V1. 5 you should not hit the limit with big SD cards or lots of *cough* mp3's *cough*. And the font is slightly larger.

With BT, even LDAC, you will never reach the limit of what the V1 can do.
I think I see a limit (database) of 20.000 on 1.2 is there a way to see how many tracks in total I have? Guess I will try the fw upgrade today :)

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #214 of 237
I know this is a few months late, but what is platform/stand and that amp? I use the v1 with a chord mojo too, but using velcro straps, not too ideal for desktop. I had more than I few scares where my v1+mojo almost fell from the table (thankfully, I usually catch it before hitting the floor).

Built the stand myself
IMG20210119155608.jpgIMG20210119155824.jpg
Following up on this thread.
I built myself a desk stand.

The amp is made by Xuelin model IHIFI100 or something like that.

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #215 of 237
I think I see a limit (database) of 20.000 on 1.2 is there a way to see how many tracks in total I have? Guess I will try the fw upgrade today :)
since the official TempoTEc version takes forever to load (for 36MB!), I had time to google and poke around and found Vortex's version, and I see 65535 file limit now :) much better :D

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #217 of 237

It may not be to your taste, but I use a small strip of black DuakLok on the front of my Mojo and back of the V1. It unfortunately covers the Mojo logo but it is very, very secure. Even in pockets. I used the DualLok with R3 (which I believe was designed to be stacked with Mojo) until I 'upgraded' to the V1. It looks waay better with thr R3 but V1 has that ever so sexy 2nd mSD slot which I simply cannot deny.

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #218 of 237
Tempotec have confirmed that production of the V1 has ceased and they no longer have it listed on their Ali store.
An upgrade is planned for the future, but no timeframe mentioned.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #225 of 237
I updated my V1 to Ver. 1.5 from the Tempotec website but still it reads it's 1.15.
The reason I wanted to update the player is that only one USB DAC is identified by V1. It's CX31993. 3 others (Ztella, Meizu (not Pro) and Hidizs S3Pro) which I possess are not. Either not identified at all or identified for a second than lost. There's no problem about all those in V1A.
How can I fix that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back