Tempotec V1 & V1A
Jan 12, 2020 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 237

silverfishla

Headphoneus Supremus
Tempp.jpg
Temptec V1
TempoTec Variations V1 Hifi Digital MP3 Player WITHOUT analog and supports Bluetooth LDAC IN&OUT for USB DAC&AMPLIFIER

Specificaitons
Dimension: 80*45*12 mm
Weight: 80g
Power Supply: DC5V
2A/Type-C USB port
Charging time: 2.5 hours around (power off)
Last time : 15 hours
Battery capacity: 1200 mA
Storage:Double TF card slot
MAX storage capacity : 256GB*2
USB: Type-C (USB2.0)
OTHER: 3.5mm Coaxial port
Pure Digital WITHOUT, Analog Output, HiFi Player
1000 mah Battery Capacity, High Precesion Criystal Oscillator,Low noise PLL technology Deduce Jitter

Exclusive USB driver,HI-res Audio Certificate,Bluetooth 4.0 supports APT-X
MSES Tuning platform,DST Decoding and DSD256,LDAC,Coaxial Output,Hiby OS,SPDIF DoP

Dsd256,HiByLink,Colorful theme
Exquisite Components,Exclusive MCU,Just for excellent sound quality
Sony Hi-Res Certificate,Highly Reproduce the original music,Hi-Res,AUDIO
Bluetooth base station,Transmitter| Be used independently with out Analog Output.Receiver| It is Bluetooth DAC when connected to USB Device

Bluetooth 4.0 | Dual Direction AAC、atp-X 、LDAC
*AAC、APTX can be supported by firmware update in the future step by step
Time of Duration,Playing by Bluetooth | 25 H,By USB DAC which has battery | 30 H,Connected to TempoTec Sonata HD | 18 H
Excellent Control Feel,2.0 inches multipoint process capacitor screen

Full Perspective IPS screen,Smooth control
Specifical Tone,MSEB is an amazing tuning equipment,You can specifilize your own favorite sound style.
Smooth cohesion between aluminum alloy shell and 2.5D tempered glass front panel,Definitely Accurate Size

Tempotec V1A
TempoTec Variations V1-A HIFI PCM&DSD 256 PLAYER Support Bluetooth LDAC AAC APTX IN&OUT USB DAC For PC with ASIO AK4377ECB

Variations V1-A. HiFi PLAYER.Smooth cohesion between aluminum alloy shell and 2.5D tempered glass front panel.Accurate Dimension: 80mm|L , 45mm|w , 12mm|H , 80g|Weight

Specificaitons
Dimension: 80*45*12 mm
Weight: 80g
Power Supply: DC5V
2A/Type-C USB port
Charging time: 2.5 hours around (power off)
Last time : 15 hours
Battery capacity: 1200Ma
Storage:Double TF card slot
MAX storage capacity : 256GB*2
USB: Type-C (USB2.0)
Analog out: 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Battery Capacity 1200mah ,High Precesion Criystal Oscillator.
Low noise PLL technology Deduce Jitter ,Exclusive USB driver.HI-res Audio Certificate ,MSEB Mixer ,Direct Stream Digital.

LDAC, AAC, AKM4377ECB, Hiby OS, ASIO, HiByLink, Colorful theme.Exquisite Components, Exclusive MCU, Just for excellent sound quality

Sony Hi-Res Certificate, Highly Reproduce the original music, Hi-Res, AUDIO.Digital Mixer----MSEB, make you an excellent tuner

Bluetooth base station, Dual Direction, Be neither a Bluetooth transmitter, Or a Bluetooth decoder, With hi-resolution
Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Direction AAC、atp-X 、LDAC

Time of Duration, Playing by Bluetooth 25 hours, Playing music directly or as a Bluetooth receiver 15 hours
Excellent Control Experience, 2.0 inches multipoint process capacitor screen, Full Perspective IPS screen, Smooth control

768KHz/32bit, Advanced Audio, Headphone DAC, AK4377.AKM4377ECB, Well-Performing, Built-in DAC
SNR125DB, Output power 60MW/160hm (Each Channel)

it can not connect it to your smartphone as a USB DAC

The Tempotec V1 and V1A are different from each other. The V1 is a Bluetooth throw, Dac, and Coaxial transport whilst the V1A is a Player, Dac, Bluetooth capable device. They both look the same and have the same form factor. The V1 retails for $89, but can be had for around $80. The V1A goes for $109 retail but can be had for around $98.

Official firmware updates can be found here http://www.tempotec.com.cn/en/3-Support/index.htm at the official Tempotec website.
Our great friend of the community @XVortex has also created a custom firmware for the V1/V1A which can be found here https://mega.nz/#!QtFSQKRL!HQqige5nA-VRnkI60JNQiAWwe4SmmDGCoKEpfX1jQRg
and link to the discussion on the Obscure Chinese Dap thread here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/page-460 for reference.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 237
Finally! Somebody started a thread on this thing. I bought one but I won't be able to get my hands on it until March, when I get home. Bought the non-analogue version (almost) exclusively to stack with the Mojo during 11.11 sales on AE. It was the cheapest dual MicroSD transport I could find. I'm also quite familiar with HiByOS from R3 as well so this seemed like a no-brainer to me. I'd be ever so grateful if peoples can chime in on user experience. I'd be sure to contribute in March with my own experiences as well. Combining this with the HiBy music app seems like a powerful combination.

I also have a Meizu HiFi Pro to pair it with as well.

Jan 25, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 237
Does anyone know what the “Low Power Mode” actually does on this brilliant little player? At first I assumed it might deactivate things like the MSEB feature or the Graphic Equalizer but both still function regardless of the Low Power Mode. I can’t find anything that’s different with the Mode on or off so it seems sensible to just leave it on.

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #5 of 237
Hi,
Just posted some specs and some links to the official website firmware and @XVortex custom firmware for the V1 and V1A. Please keep posting your thoughts and experiences! I have the V1 and find it to be the perfect small transport for my portable Dac amps. I also use it for my car stereo via Bluetooth and with TWs iems for outdoor activities. It really works great in all of these scenarios.
Interestingly, I actually bought it specifically because I wanted a device with a big storage capability that had a Coaxial out for my PS Audio Sprout stereo amplifier. Guess what?... it works great with that too!

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 237
Does anyone know what the “Low Power Mode” actually does on this brilliant little player? At first I assumed it might deactivate things like the MSEB feature or the Graphic Equalizer but both still function regardless of the Low Power Mode. I can’t find anything that’s different with the Mode on or off so it seems sensible to just leave it on.
I'm not sure what that function does either. I'll have to toggle it on and see if I can tell if anything changes with it. Let you know if I find anything out...

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #10 of 237
Feb 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #11 of 237
Hi all. I'm looking at either of these two devices to serve as my digital audio library of sorts.

The use case I have in mind is using HibyLink on my Android phone with the V1[a] connected to a DAC. What I want to know is if I can edit metadata using my phone, specifically editing the Genre tag.

Thank you.

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #12 of 237
I am well on my way to join the club here, after wrestling long time if I should take the V1 for 69$ or the V1A for 86$ (or the JWD 115 or the Yescool M200) I ended up ordering the V1A, thinking 'what the heck, for those rare moments I might need to plug in directly'
Now it is 'stuck' in 'outgoing sorting facility', but at least it has shipped, let's see how long it will take in the end.
Very curious about Hiby OS, my biggest issue with other 2 card players I have is that it is a PITA to find something when you have soooo many folders, with no option to next folders. I think I saw in some YT videos that this is possible (like, instead of scrolling through ALL albums, i can have a folder Depeche Mode, another for Prince ... and so on ... )
Mainly want to use as a BT player for TWS .. and liking the small size / weight.
Can't wait to see it in person.

(edit)
Oh great! I should have waited! (of course), but they did another price drop for the V1A to 87.20$! add coins and seller discount: 84.48 ... and then you can still apply 6$ in select coupons ...

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #13 of 237
I am well on my way to join the club here, after wrestling long time if I should take the V1 for 69$ or the V1A for 86$ (or the JWD 115 or the Yescool M200) I ended up ordering the V1A, thinking 'what the heck, for those rare moments I might need to plug in directly'
Now it is 'stuck' in 'outgoing sorting facility', but at least it has shipped, let's see how long it will take in the end.
Very curious about Hiby OS, my biggest issue with other 2 card players I have is that it is a PITA to find something when you have soooo many folders, with no option to next folders. I think I saw in some YT videos that this is possible (like, instead of scrolling through ALL albums, i can have a folder Depeche Mode, another for Prince ... and so on ... )
Mainly want to use as a BT player for TWS .. and liking the small size / weight.
Can't wait to see it in person.

(edit)
Oh great! I should have waited! (of course), but they did another price drop for the V1A to 87.20$! add coins and seller discount: 84.48 ... and then you can still apply 6$ in select coupons ...
Cool. Welcome to the club!
The two card slots are very handy in keeping the player organized. I use one card slot with my permanent collection of songs and let the player index those.
The second card I use for dumping new albums and full albums I decide I want to listen to. I don’t index those and just find those in the file system.

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #14 of 237
If I have to use only as Transport to Mojo, which is better V1 or V1A

having analog on V1A does effect transport SQ or it's all the same?

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #15 of 237
If I have to use only as Transport to Mojo, which is better V1 or V1A

having analog on V1A does effect transport SQ or it's all the same?

I have the same set-up (Temptec to Chord Mojo) although mine is the V1A version. If you're using it purely as a transport I would think that having less 'stuff' on the PCB would be better to avoid any additional noise but I have no complaints with the V1A and the Chord is just amazing when you throw some DSD files at it from the V1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back