Tell us your gear, hearing acuity, IQ, wealth and personal accomplishments!
Oct 28, 2005 at 8:33 AM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve999
Seeberg, I remember that, vaguely. It was Bart on the Simpsons, when Lisa was trying to educate him and make him wise, etc. I tried it and it's not that hard to do. You just open and close your hand rapidly, so that it makes a clapping sound, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I notice that the poll results are taking the shape of the inverse of a Bell curve. About the only population I know of that will produce results such as this when polled along a performance continuum is a distilled set of pure pathological liars. I regard this as a superb result. I thank all of you.
cool.gif

Yep, and do it in such a way that my hand is firm but loose so it literally claps in on itself, and apparently is hard for most people to copy the motion since I'd need a speed shot in real time to really expain it visually, because there's more to a full clap sound than simply closing your fingers on your palms, they literally have to be moving fast enough to slap, and it takes motion below the wrist to get the motion right(when doing this, it makes a much louder sound). That I've seen, most people have trouble with.

I remember not knowing how to snap my fingers until I was ten or so, but could do a true sounding one handed clap no problem
smily_headphones1.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 28, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
I actually don't own or use any gear anymore. I learned to sight-read CDs and I find that I can recreate the music far better in my head. It sounds way more natural and accurate that way, though if I do it after I've been drinking, I tend to get some problems with skipping and jitter
icon10.gif

I got topped by Elec's "Visual-to-Audio Conversion Dragon Stance" kung fu!

Can I edit my first post? (post #27)

EDIT: Whoops, I edited the wrong post. I'm not a moron, I swear it!

Oct 28, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Yep, and do it in such a way that my hand is firm but loose so it literally claps in on itself, and apparently is hard for most people to copy the motion since I'd need a speed shot in real time to really expain it visually, because there's more to a full clap sound than simply closing your fingers on your palms, they literally have to be moving fast enough to slap, and it takes motion below the wrist to get the motion right(when doing this, it makes a much louder sound). That I've seen, most people have trouble with.

I remember not knowing how to snap my fingers until I was ten or so, but could do a true sounding one handed clap no problem
smily_headphones1.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Moving the wrist is cheating. I can clap my fingers while keeping everything else still. The loudness depends on how sticky the palm is...

Oct 28, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #52 of 62
Uh . . I live in the fourth most violent city in Massachusetts. Damn you fall river, boston, and springfield!!!
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #53 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
Moving the wrist is cheating. I can clap my fingers while keeping everything else still. The loudness depends on how sticky the palm is...

Not from what I've seen, it's like a drum for me, its the speed of the hit that determines the audible impact-- I think
rolleyes.gif

Oh- and my other accomplisment: I wrote a book I'm about to blast you all with on HeadFi
biggrin.gif
Some of you guys might love it(cause it's uniquie in structure and is deep and violent as hell)!
580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 29, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #54 of 62
Too cool.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob
err. I want a tail, that is same as saying I have one, I think. I dine on banana plugs, yellow ones. And I don't have beans
frown.gif
, oh wait a minute I drank miso sup last week and my iq is 140-160, eq 130-145. and as a final line, I hatre humans and the human nature. I also believe that best earplus are bananas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back