Tell us your gear, hearing acuity, IQ, wealth and personal accomplishments!
Oct 27, 2005 at 3:20 PM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

I play electric violin. That wierd enough for any of you?
Today 02:48 AM

Weird ? What weird ?
confused.gif

B000009RC2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oct 27, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #36 of 62
I actually don't own or use any gear anymore. I learned to sight-read CDs and I find that I can recreate the music far better in my head. It sounds way more natural and accurate that way, though if I do it after I've been drinking, I tend to get some problems with skipping and jitter
icon10.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #37 of 62
Well, I can honestly say that I do know the sound of one hand clapping, because I can clap with one hand. It's true, and I should have done it at the June Portland meet. I've only seen one other person that could do it with ease, but that was over a decade ago on some TV show.

580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #38 of 62
Seeberg, I remember that, vaguely. It was Bart on the Simpsons, when Lisa was trying to educate him and make him wise, etc. I tried it and it's not that hard to do. You just open and close your hand rapidly, so that it makes a clapping sound, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I notice that the poll results are taking the shape of the inverse of a Bell curve. About the only population I know of that will produce results such as this when polled along a performance continuum is a distilled set of pure pathological liars. I regard this as a superb result. I thank all of you.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Well, I can honestly say that I do know the sound of one hand clapping, because I can clap with one hand. It's true, and I should have done it at the June Portland meet. I've only seen one other person that could do it with ease, but that was over a decade ago on some TV show.

580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #39 of 62
Well, judging by that poll, I'm an untouchable.. by the India Caste system..

Bottom Feeder: Gear: $1000+ & IQ 130+ & worth $1 + & 1 karate trophy & hear to 20 khz

You hear that? I hear MC Hammer rapping..

Cant touch this!
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #40 of 62
Going in order according to the thread title: Low-end gear, hearing fine but certainly not great thanks to Motorhead and Ozzfest, not sure about my IQ, bum (I have a total of $30), and 10 inches.

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #41 of 62
I can pick up FM radio transmissions with my head. I kid you not, and though I have to wear titanium framed glasses to avoid interference and multi-path effects. Sometimes I get more than one station at a time and that gets a little weird, but I can usually fix that by tilting my head a bit. I don't even need a radio to listen to music, nor do I need headphones. I just plug my CD player into a mini-FM transmitter (vacuum tube of course) and I can pick up music from anywhere in my house, and if I need more range I plug it into my surplus broadcast transmitter (highly modded) which I picked up when the local station upgraded to digital broadcast gear. Direct conversion, no need to deal with the distortion caused by air and floppy diaphragms.

Oh, I forgot to list my personal accomplishments. Well, not exactly forgot. It's just that they're so awesome that if I told you you still wouldn't believe me. Even in this thread. I'm that awesome.

Oct 28, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #44 of 62
At first I was afraid. I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights just thinking how you did me wrong.
And I grew strong, and I learned how to get along.

You know who you are.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back