Teclast T51
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #241 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is where the exact problem is. Right now firmware 1.20 is out. This means the biggest bugs are out, but there are still issues with usability and looks of the UI.

No real Album Art, and only partly id tags for both flac and mp3.

I will keep you up to date, when there are bigger updates in firmware.

well if it can display the artist, album and title then i think it would be passable. but mp3 tags work fully right?

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #242 of 1,468
My S:Flo2 is currently on its way!!! I'm definitely getting it before Christmas.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #243 of 1,468
i had trouble logging in to mp4nation as virgin media is catching all their emails as spam i think ,but after contacting them they replied to my hotmail within hours and mine also is on its way ,fingers and everthing else crossed for pre xmass delivery
normal_smile .gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #244 of 1,468
My S:Flo2 is coming as well, hopefully within a week or so.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #246 of 1,468
Firmware is never the strong point on any Chinese made DAP, hopefully we'll see more Chinese companies adapting a slim down version of Android in their next generation of DAP.

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #247 of 1,468
I hope the firmware is not terrible. I will be getting this for it's line-out and dual DACs. Hopefully this will sound great with the T3.

I don't really care about the firmware being crappy as long as it allows me to play my songs with good SQ!

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #248 of 1,468
but there is fm radio?
And the RMAA of this player ( Teclast T51) is nothing special, LO and PO are similar, the main difference is a quite big roll off on high frequencies from PO, if those early test are done well I don't think that it's anything special from hw side, just too stuff in little space I believe (and poor battery life)...

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #250 of 1,468
RMAA does a lot more than just boast good or bad. It shows you which headphones are best driven by which player, how to implement the best cable/amp options, and how much the player can be driven before it runs out of juice. RMAA scores may not mean that you like or dislike a player, but they show how well it is able to do things are helpful to combat the 'ooow' and 'ahhhing' of FOTM trends.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #251 of 1,468
you can be right, but it's fake if anyone than say that it has a very good SNR (referring to the 120db of wolfson spec), also comparison from china users to sony and cowon player says that isn't nothing special (it's better in some aspect than top brand, but overall isn't "that great" considering the hw and the compromise of size, battery and firmware, and finally is not that cheap), than I will wait for more professional reviews...

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #252 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if it can display the artist, album and title then i think it would be passable. but mp3 tags work fully right?

Again partly. During playback it shows the artistname and the and the Albumname correctly. However when it comes to trackname it shows the whole file name.

When searching in your music library, it shows the Album names correctly and ther artists, but the tracknaems are again just file names.

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #253 of 1,468
It is not only - what it shows - but:how?
there are 3 narrow windows showing album,track,artist located at the top between two large buttons(FW&RW).In mp3 all 3 are being used.But track is too long,so it scrolls - making it very hard to read,it is file name.In Flac - it is only track fields being used in the same manner - scrolling.Below it, you will see large field where they want to present lyrics or album art;Instead you will see some poor visualisation,and...4 rivets at the corners,rivets perform "beauty"
function,or... you may hang yours nerves on it.
But sound is great!Life is short,but HiFiman works only 5 hours and it costs many times more..?
Let's pray...

Dec 13, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #254 of 1,468
no dap is capable of 120db S/N ratio. Firstly, 16 bit has a top S/N of 96 db, so unless you are playing 24 bit or higher files, there is no difference other than placebo past 96 db. Even if 16 bit could go higher, it would still be contingent on the ears of the person.

stats only mean so much as long as they are taken within audible contexts. People who get off with 88 vs 90 for instance, are probably counting on that last 2 to push them over the brink of placebo. But measurements mean a lot with large differences in THD, stereo separation and frequency response. That isn't to say that a low THD will always sound 'better' than a high THD - a lot of people really like the sound of sources with a high amount of THD - and I understand it. Warm and 'musical', goodly THD can be good.

sudden drops in frequency however, mean loss of detail and narrow channel separation can mean many other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back