Teclast T51
Nov 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #211 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i think u can find many US seller on ebay.

off-topic, let`g back
biggrin.gif

i really love this T51 combo with D10

how odd, you use the telcast (2xWM8740) with D10 (1xWM8740) I mean obviously you arent using the telcast dac with the D10, but that just seems strange to me. on the other hand, the amp section in the D10 is obviously tuned to some degree (bar the rolling opamps) to being used with the WM8740, so I guess there would be some synergy going on.

Nov 22, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #212 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_toast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ yes ships on 12/9.... not that far and you aren't far from the shipper also. you may get it first, wouldn't that be great!
can't wait to see the new firmware reviews. i assume the firmware will be posted here first. Google Translate ? so far, just 1.10 is listed.

i didn't post a direct link to the firmware, there's a subheading to firmware on the page.

Thank you for the info. So, I guess I'll get my S:flo2 probably by around Dec. 15th, or certainly before Christmas. I look forward to even better firmware upgrades before I actually get the player, but I'm quite certain that the SQ will certainly more than make up for any lackings this unit may have.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #213 of 1,468
does anyone have links to some early impressions or reviews, ones that focus on the sounds? and preferably compare it to some other well know daps? im really interested in this but information is a little hard to get atm.

cheers

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #215 of 1,468
According to users of the Teclast T51 on the nationite forum, they say that the SQ from the line-out is of exceptional quality without any hiss, but apparently there is slight hissing at low volume if you use low impedance IEMs connected to the T51's headphone out.

In any case, I'll try to post something once I receive my S:Flo2 that I have preordered.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #216 of 1,468
This hiss thing seems to be the complaint of the moment, I have the AMP3 1+2, much reviled by some for hiss, I have never had a problem,similarly with theT51 I have no hiss at all. Triple Fis customized with 4 drivers, Yuin PK1s, PL 30s, IE 7s, SR80s!!!!

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #219 of 1,468
Got one of these on order, looks awesome!

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #220 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone used the newest fw? i think 1.11 came out

it's listed as 1.2; whats in a number.. the link below is not direct, look for mp3 firmware on one of the drop down tabs.
here Google Translate

i don't have the player and couldn't find a version notes about fixes/bugs. i'm sure someone will come along and tell us.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #221 of 1,468
yeah, im just looking for a playability increase, so i can warrant getting it for the sound quality over a new iPod classic, and its cheaper. But everyones saying its line out sounds better than the iPod's, and its way cheaper, even including a 32gb sdhc.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #222 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone used the newest fw? i think 1.11 came out

There was one fw no.1.11 and short time later - no.1.20 which is in fact 1.12.
Where I can find instruction - how to upgrade?
I am afraid to do it,the result is unpredictable,no release notes available.
But T51 is easy available in GoldenShoppingCentre,I can buy another one...
Another thing:anybody knows external battery,which may serve as power booster for T51?10 hours battery life is rather optimistic number,it is shorter.
I tried device from PowerMart(10US$),it doesnt work to long,I had some time ago external battery pack for my MeizuM6 and it was good sophisticated device,but they do not sell it anymore.

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #225 of 1,468
Yes, the stability has improved, but the UI is still the same, sometimes there is album art and the music library management still sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back