Teclast T51
Jan 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #286 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But on some sensitive ear-phones (for example DENON AH-C710) in some situations are audible noise due to power induction from surrounding electrodevices, which disappear if to cover a player with a hand - it's annoy me!

That's annoying. Do you think a signal blocking bag for cell phone can work?
Something like this,
Signal Blocking Bag : theJammerStore.com

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #287 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to data sheet on TDA 1308 (headphones amp in S:Flo2) maximum output power 60mW on the channel at 32 Ohm. Really very loud headphones output. But on some sensitive ear-phones (for example DENON AH-C710) in some situations are audible noise due to power induction from surrounding electrodevices, which disappear if to cover a player with a hand - it's annoy me!

60mW @32ohm??
Cowon S9 only has 29mW @16ohm

it is 4x bigger than S9???

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #288 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
60mW @32ohm??
Cowon S9 only has 29mW @16ohm

it is 4x bigger than S9???

I also suspect the specification, for I feel T51 is weak to boost my REOs.

Jan 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #291 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also suspect the specification, for I feel T51 is weak to boost my REOs.

How deaf are you..? I don't know what sensitivity is on the RE0, but I can't go higher than 25% on the volume dial before things start to get fuzzy and uncomfortable. That's using the TF10's and Fischer Audio Eterna.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #293 of 1,468
The D2 or S9 cannot even drive 16Ω loads without falling flat other than volume, so these spec are silly. Just like the low-fi world where manufacturers advertise based on output spec, these DAP are doing the same. The problem is that they rarely, if at all, meet any of their own requirements.

Almost any DAP will get loud even for headphones like the DT880. My touch, AMP3, even fuze get pretty loud with them. But few can put the same finesse and power into smaller channels like 16Ω earphones, or balanced armatures which oscillate in impedance.

Just like the post ^^, it is about driving headphones, not about volume. That, however, seems to be forgotten as manufacturers put better and better spec indicating unloaded outputs which never ever live up to their numbers.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #294 of 1,468
Wow after reading all of these posts and the ones over at the S:flo2 thread I'm definitely ordering one either tonight or tomorrow morning
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #295 of 1,468
How does the Teclast compare to HiFiMan, etc? This is the Nationite, too, right? Is is the only DAP out there with a quality chip as well as a decent UI/display?

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #296 of 1,468
1.hifiman is 26mm thick and teclast 13mm. 2.same 3. it is the only with two quality chips - wolfson's top of the line wm8740 4. display is perfect - just like on ipod touch 5. user interface is better than on first gen ipod shuffle.

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #297 of 1,468
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5. user interface is better than on first gen ipod shuffle.

--> This is a good one... any UI is better than no UI
icon10.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #298 of 1,468
So my T51 got here about 3 days ago and I love it. I'm still adding songs and working with the firmware (which shipped with 2.00 I might add
smily_headphones1.gif
) and I have to say I love the thing.

The UI does need some tweaking to be on par with other mainstream players (Cowon, iPod, Zune) BUT it is not as bad as everyone says it is IMO. I don't mind it.

I'm using the dedicated line out to an RSA Tomahawk and I love the sound I'm getting. The customizable EQ is also a big help in getting the sound just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back