TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC
Feb 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #196 of 385
kouk, how do you get the new drivers to work with the UD-H01? I uninstalled the TEAC driver and installed the new Audiogd drivers. What's required to connect the driver with the TEAC?

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #197 of 385
Quote:

kouk, how do you get the new drivers to work with the UD-H01? I uninstalled the TEAC driver and installed the new Audiogd drivers. What's required to connect the driver with the TEAC?

I had to install the driver manually. While in Device Manager, right click on the Teac DAC and choose to update manually, Choose that you will select the directory where the driver is located, and navigate to Program Files/ Ag-ud driver directory.

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #199 of 385
The simplest way is to set the Output to WASAPI and choose the driver. If you prefer ASIO then you will need
the ASIO4All utility to manage the driver, since the included control panel doesn't work.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #200 of 385
I tried the new driver with ASIO4All but had a lot of static noise. My best results with the new driver are with 'WASAPI Push' mode which sounds great and seems to be rock solid with 32 bits and 192k.

Thanks again kouk.

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #201 of 385
After a while I had a single disconnection with the new driver, but it happened only once in so many days now so I consider this to be an isolated event. In general the new AudioGd drivers work fine.

robprob thanks for mentioning, I will retry WASAPI mode (in the past I had a lot more issues with WASAPI than ASIO4all). Besides push, did you try the Event-driven mode?

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #203 of 385
I'm glad the driver works, but it still won't allow my windows 7 to use turn off the screen, use the screen saver, or sleep when the DAC is connected by USB.

I have the TEAC NP-H750 which uses the same chip and drivers and I had the same screen saver/sleep issue in Windows. I had to disable the "HID-compliant consumer control device" that is installed along with the audio device. It's easy to find if you select the TEAC audio device and then go to View->Devices by connection.

Edit: This is all done in the Device Manager

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #204 of 385

I have the TEAC NP-H750 which uses the same chip and drivers and I had the same screen saver/sleep issue in Windows. I had to disable the "HID-compliant consumer control device" that is installed along with the audio device. It's easy to find if you select the TEAC audio device and then go to View->Devices by connection.

LOL Thanks for that tip, even though I literally just sold my UD-H01 yesterday! Since I just got a Xonar Essence One. However I will also have a Teac UD-501 soon, so if I run into that same problem again I'll remember you.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #206 of 385

Will try out, thanks for sharing !

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #207 of 385
  Reporting rock solid with both WASAPI event + push 32bit.

Trying to figure out which one sounds best (no clear audible differences)

They aren't supposed to sound different. They both are different methods to achieve the same goal, Bit Perfection.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #208 of 385
I am having a volume issue with my ud-h01, I am using it connected via USB to drive my AKG K712 pro headphones and I need to turn up the volume knob to near 100% max to get enough volume, whats going on? My software volumes are set to 100%.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #209 of 385
That's odd, have you tried testing any other headphone? Also try a different source other than USB. If you localize the problem to the H01 then it might be bad compatibility....

I have a similar problem with the Bose AE2 and the headphone jack of my C7030 CD player. The sound was very low and muddy, but from the same port my HD558 and T90 sounded fine. To this day I have no idea why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back