TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC
Jul 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 385
Yes.
Presently waiting for some feedback from the masses.

Jul 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 385
From the article.

Vincent Kars hinted us that TEAC, the mother ship, has quietly launched (in Japan and Europe)

As of recent I am seeing more and more products bypassing the US and either being launched ONLY in Japan like the Onkyo Dac.  I am starting to think that the Asus Esseence One Dac might not be heading to American soil either.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 385
If this got the quality of high end without the high price I might be interested. Will wait for reviews first.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 385
Keeping my fingers crossed for the US launch... I am ready to either get this or the Xonar Essence One! The wait is excruciating...

Quote:
From the article.

Vincent Kars hinted us that TEAC, the mother ship, has quietly launched (in Japan and Europe)

As of recent I am seeing more and more products bypassing the US and either being launched ONLY in Japan like the Onkyo Dac.  I am starting to think that the Asus Esseence One Dac might not be heading to American soil either.

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 385
high end NJM opamps apparently: http://174.120.226.97/~leoyeh1/vbb/showpost.php?p=150038&postcount=23

hopefully single opamps, but I can't find a datasheet in anything else than chinese.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 385
It is available in the US now:
http://www.google.com/search?q=TEAC+UD-H01&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=rPI&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=HEjTTtfwFcSkiQKO5u33Cw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=6&ved=0CDUQ_AUoBQ&biw=2048&bih=1000

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #9 of 385
im not very informed on dacs but i've been looking for an upgrade. i wonder how this compares to the dac magic or PS audio digital link III?

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 385
I am in the market for a new dac to upgrade from my Fiio combo.  This has been on the radar along with the Asus Essence ONE, and am waiting for some feedback from others before making my final decision.  This product hasnt been on the market too long either and there is not a great deal of information about this or its sister product the A-H01, which also looks interesting.  Looks like I need to trawl the interwebz for some reviews and comparisons as the wallet is getting a little heavy, although xmas is likely to hurt that situation.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #12 of 385
The TEAC sounds killer for the price! Lots of good DAC/AMP's coming out this year.
I'm really excited about the TEAC and the new DacMagic Plus!

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #13 of 385
Too bad most DAC's, including this one got too few digital inputs. I need at least two SPDIF inputs and two optical inputs since I will use it with a music streamer, cable decoder, Blu-Ray player and a CD-player/CD-transport.

I was seriously considering this one, but it lost because of few digital inputs.
As far as I can see Audolab's M-DAC will fit my demands well.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 385
Have you considered a receiver with digital output to connect to the DAC?

Quote:
Too bad most DAC's, including this one got too few digital inputs. I need at least two SPDIF inputs and two optical inputs since I will use it with a music streamer, cable decoder, Blu-Ray player and a CD-player/CD-transport.

I was seriously considering this one, but it lost because of few digital inputs.
As far as I can see Audolab's M-DAC will fit my demands well.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 385
I'd be interested to read some impressions on how this sounds from the headphone output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back