TDK BA200 Thread
May 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,021 of 1,509
Quote:
Oh dear, I'm so delightful that I picked up TDK BA200 instead of Xba-3/30! The harsh and metallic treble from my previous Xba-1 is gone and I gotta say that TDK BA200 produce a signature which I prefer much more than Xba! The instrument separation is right there and none of them are dominating as opposed to the Xba-1, which gradually just hassle you by that treble. Soundstage is wider, but honestly not as large as I excepting. However, the imagining is just about there, I could at least get a grasp of where are the performers and which direction are the sounds come from. The details are much better too, a lot of instrument I didn't get to hear are now presented within my field of recognization. I was quite worried about the buds since it doesn't look that comfortable (how is it called? Bi-flange or double flange?) but man, I was wrong! Then I tested the comply, and wow, it totally give me a better presentation overally! Not to mention that isolation! I think I won't need another pairs now until it is broken!

Glad that you're in the minority that find the bi-flange comfy.. They make these earphones sound great

May 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,023 of 1,509
actually biflanges are only uncomfy at first, after about a couple of weeks, it's either your years get used to it or it softens up.

Only a couple of weeks is sadly accurate.

May 31, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,025 of 1,509
Quote:
Emospence, between the ba200 and ie800, which do you feel best compliments the gr07 mk2. I asked ClieOS this same question and he said the ie800 would better compliment, do you agree?

I'm gonna take "better compliment" as meaning "more different so as to better justify buying both"

In that case, I'm gonna have to (very rare as I usually agree with what he hears) respectfully disagree! I think that the IE800 sounds a bit closer to the GR07s, they're brighter and a tad less smooth than the silky BA200s

May 31, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #1,026 of 1,509
Quote:
actually biflanges are only uncomfy at first, after about a couple of weeks, it's either your years get used to it or it softens up.

I used them for a couple of months and still couldn't stand them.

Such a shame as I really loved those earphones but just couldn't find other tips that sound as good..

May 31, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #1,027 of 1,509
Quote:
I'm gonna take "better compliment" as meaning "more different so as to better justify buying both"

In that case, I'm gonna have to (very rare as I usually agree with what he hears) respectfully disagree! I think that the IE800 sounds a bit closer to the GR07s, they're brighter and a tad less smooth than the silky BA200s

Yeah, looking for a sound that compensates for what the GR07 MK2 lacks, so a different sound would fit the bill I suppose. 

May 31, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #1,028 of 1,509

I couldn't agreed with you more.
I would say BA200 sounded very musical and fully sealed BA iem that best for purer listening.
On the other hand, IE800 hifi sounded dynamic driver earphone with sound leak either way.

May 31, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #1,029 of 1,509
...Just want to point out that GR07 and GR07 MK2 are different beast all together. GR07 sound signature is closer to IE800, GR07 MK2 sound signature is closer to BA200. IMO of course.

If you look at them only from brightness, then they will be GR07 > GR07 MK2 > IE800 >> BA200.

But if you look at them from warmness / forwardness, then they will be GR07 MK2 > BA200 >> IE800 >= GR07.

The later two are still warm, but they are much more laidback, specious and closer to neutral. That's why I recommended IE800, because while IE800 has more detail than BA200, it also is more neutral overall, and that contrast the forwardness of GR07 MK2. If it was the original GR07 we were talking here, then I would have recommended BA200 instead.

May 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,030 of 1,509
Quote:
...Just want to point out that GR07 and GR07 MK2 are different beast all together. GR07 sound signature is closer to IE800, GR07 MK2 sound signature is closer to BA200. IMO of course.

If you look at them only from brightness, then they will be GR07 > GR07 MK2 > IE800 >> BA200.

But if you look at them from warmness / forwardness, then they will be GR07 MK2 > BA200 >> IE800 >= GR07.

The later two are still warm, but they are much more laidback, specious and closer to neutral. That's why I recommended IE800, because while IE800 has more detail than BA200, it also is more neutral overall, and that contrast the forwardness of GR07 MK2. If it was the original GR07 we were talking here, then I would have recommended BA200 instead.

How those reviews (GR07 MKII and IE800) are coming along? I know you are very busy, but I want to read your verdict about those before making the jump. You are very helpful.

May 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,031 of 1,509
Quote:
How those reviews (GR07 MKII and IE800) are coming along? I know you are very busy, but I want to read your verdict about those before making the jump. You are very helpful.

Sorry for the delay, but I pretty much swamped all the time.

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,032 of 1,509
Quote:
Sorry for the delay, but I pretty much swamped all the time.

Not need to be, I know that headphones are a hobby and you must carry on with your normal life, it's just that you do such a great service to the earphone enthusiatic community, but we all can wait.
redface.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #1,035 of 1,509
Personally I've think all manufacturer multiple Engineers has calibrated their IEM design accordingly with the given BA/dirver unit. So re-shelling mfg does not excel nor did they give any benefits except the existing IEM sounded different now. Unless you're re-shelling TDK BA200 from original Dual BA configuration with 3, 4 or more BA into one shell.

Re-cabling was a bit different story. It's either serve as with chili or without chili kind of purpose to provide different sound speed, or reduces/increase certain frequency band, or to provide extra cable durability when compare to original cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back