TDK BA200 Thread
Mar 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #122 of 1,509
Quote:
Got my BA200s 1 month ago and I'm pretty impressed with them! I don't think they are on par with the SE535s or Westone 4, but hey, look at the price! :)

The W4 is better, indeed, but I think whether or not the SE535 is better is dependent on taste. The SE535, to me, is not detailed enough and rolls off its highs way too early. The LTD-J version is better in that regard, but gives up refinement. That's why I rate it on par with the SE535LTD-J...

My rating of the W4 is a little off because it's way too tip/amp-dependent. It can sound amazing, or it can sound like crap (for its price, I mean)

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #124 of 1,509

Quote:
The W4 is better, indeed, but I think whether or not the SE535 is better is dependent on taste. The SE535, to me, is not detailed enough and rolls off its highs way too early. The LTD-J version is better in that regard, but gives up refinement. That's why I rate it on par with the SE535LTD-J...

My rating of the W4 is a little off because it's way too tip/amp-dependent. It can sound amazing, or it can sound like crap (for its price, I mean)

I agree with the W4 part. Though I did not find a big improvement between the certain amps I have tried. I personally dislike the dark sound of the W4, which makes me a little regretful now, but their awesome mids and soundstage reminds me why I even got it in the first place. Though I find the SE535 to have better mids than the BA200. But I got to agree it's preference, since one is bright and warm, the other dark and warm. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #125 of 1,509
Just got these delivered today for the bargain price of £89ish/$145ish excluding delivery. Next cheapest in the UK is around £170! Massive saving these compared to the UM series! They sound lovely! Been listening to them for the past hour, various types of music, from MTV live soundings to rnb/hip-hop and sound great. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #127 of 1,509
Quote:
Just got these delivered today for the bargain price of £89ish/$145ish excluding delivery. Next cheapest in the UK is around £170! Massive saving these compared to the UM series! They sound lovely! Been listening to them for the past hour, various types of music, from MTV live soundings to rnb/hip-hop and sound great. 

Glad you like them... sucks that they readjusted the price so quickly...

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #129 of 1,509

Quote:
The TDK BA200 I personally find are quite sweet and smooth sounding. The instrumental separation and clarity on these are pretty good too. But one might find that they lack bass, so it wouldn't suit a basshead.  They are also very comfortable ^^. Highs and mids are really smooth and neutral sounding too. Lows are good, but like I said, it wouldn't fit a basshead.

Bass wise, how do they compare to the DBA-02mk2?
I've been putting them off for a while, thinking i might not like the sound, but i want to try something different.

Also has any one in uk bought from welovetech? They are going for £122.39 there :xf_eek:

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #130 of 1,509
Quote:
  Bass wise, how do they compare to the DBA-02mk2? I've been putting them off for a while, thinking i might not like the sound, but i want to try something different. Also has any one in uk bought from welovetech? They are going for £122.39 there :xf_eek:

Both impact and extension are better with the BA200... another big difference is in the highs, where the BA200 is conservative, and the DBA-02 is aggressive (well, with the MK II there is less of a difference, but the DBA-02 MKII is still brighter).

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #131 of 1,509

Quote:

Both impact and extension are better with the BA200... another big difference is in the highs, where the BA200 is conservative, and the DBA-02 is aggressive (well, with the MK II there is less of a difference, but the DBA-02 MKII is still brighter).

That's awesome, cheers. Looks like it's going to be my next buy, considering the cost/comparison vs the um3x and 535s too.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #132 of 1,509
quick question : do i need to burn in this IEM?

After more than 1 week, i keep reading all the review about UE TF10 and Westone UM3X, suddenly there's this announcement from my local store (Stereo - Singapore) that they going to drop the price for BA200. Only 158$ SGD. It change everything, i have read somewhere here in this forum saying that this IEM is like the brother from another mother of UM3X.

With the price that they offer, makes me want to dig more info about it.

I just checked youtube, there are NONE inside there showing about review for this IEM...weird...if its so good why there's no review in youtube. Usually if its so hip, there will be at least 2-3 video showing about review and unboxing

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #134 of 1,509
Quote:
quick question : do i need to burn in this IEM?

After more than 1 week, i keep reading all the review about UE TF10 and Westone UM3X, suddenly there's this announcement from my local store (Stereo - Singapore) that they going to drop the price for BA200. Only 158$ SGD. It change everything, i have read somewhere here in this forum saying that this IEM is like the brother from another mother of UM3X.

With the price that they offer, makes me want to dig more info about it.

I just checked youtube, there are NONE inside there showing about review for this IEM...weird...if its so good why there's no review in youtube. Usually if its so hip, there will be at least 2-3 video showing about review and unboxing

My personal belief is that BA-based IEMs don't need burn-in, but there are people who do the burn-in process regardless of type.

It's not exactly similar to the UM3X, but has the same type of vocal-lifting/isolating property. Both ClieOS and I have made comparisons of it to the UM3X, however.

The TDK is not a 'hip' product, partly because TDK's distribution scheme is terrible. TDK/Imation in North America doesn't plan on releasing it until fall of this year for North America, so the largest quantities of stock for the BA200 are restricted to Asia, and parts of Europe. AFAIK, I have only one of two reviews here on head-fi, the other one being ItsMeHere's review. ClieOS was actually the one that introduced me to the BA200, but he's a very busy guy, and he hasn't had time to complete his BA200 review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back