TDK BA200 Thread
Dec 24, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #31 of 1,509

Quote:
Yup, its retailing at $229 and a 10% discount is going on for this month. Would you consider it an upgrade over the vsonicgr07 or the jvc fxt90?

If  you want to get it, quickly get it before the month ends, one week left. And you can also go there to try it out, it's always good to try out IEMs before buying. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #32 of 1,509

Quote:
If  you want to get it, quickly get it before the month ends, one week left. And you can also go there to try it out, it's always good to try out IEMs before buying. 

Yep, gonna head down for a demo soon, hope theres still stock.

Quote:
It is at least on par, if not slightly better than GR07. Definitely better than FXT90

Definitely better than FXT90? Thats interesting, i may head down for a demo soon.
Btw, looking forward to your reviews on the BA200 and FXT90!

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #33 of 1,509

Quote:
Yep, gonna head down for a demo soon, hope theres still stock.

Definitely better than FXT90? Thats interesting, i may head down for a demo soon.

I'm sure there's plenty of stock, I went there a few days ago at Plaza SG and they still have stock. Don't worry about that.

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #34 of 1,509
You can also visit ION Orchard where Stereo's current main store is (in B4 / Basement 4).

Dec 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #36 of 1,509
+2 Definitely agree w/ClieOS... it's definitely better than the FXT90 and on par with the GR07.

Christmas Eve reveal: I got it for $129!!!! One of the best values I've ever gotten on an IEM.

If any of y'all come over to Taiwan, I'll tell you guys where to go buy it hehe.

Quote:
It is at least on par, if not slightly better than GR07. Definitely better than FXT90

Quote:

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #37 of 1,509
Got it today at stereos. Amazing sound quality!  I actually like it better than the GR07, maybe because its presentation is not as laid back.

Though i don't understand why they design it in such a way that a extension is needed.
The tips provided are quite disappointing, two double flanges which i don't like at all, makes my ears itch like crazy. Two complies, and strangely no single flanges at all.

Complies all the way i geuss!

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #38 of 1,509
You can buy Shure single flange if you want to. If haven't tried them myself but they should fit. The two piece cable design is mainly for those who like to hang their DAP / cellphone on the chest (do people still do that?), plus cellphone extension cable that come with mic and bluetooth adapter.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #42 of 1,509
Dec 26, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #43 of 1,509
Yup, and it feels even better. I dare say, it's the most comfortable IEM I've ever tried, even over the GR07. It goes super deep and I don't even feel remotely fatigued.

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all; the BA200 is a great UM3x alternative. I was just trying to make the point that dual driver IEMs somehow all sound similar in terms of body, and triple driver ones also sound similar with respect to body --- not saying that triple driver ones actually sound better, but they do envelop the sound easier. I'm not much of a number believer either; I actually like the slightly thinner bodied presentation of dual drivers more, which is why I don't have any triple driver IEMs.

With respect to price, I'm just merely making rhetorical "marketing suggestions" to TDK. SQ-wise, the BA200 is definitely worth $250; more casual listeners might not realize it, though.

Custom SQ is so hard to duplicate with universals. I'm starting to believe it's a pipe dream. The W4 never did blow me away. In a few years, maybe.

I must have a try for the TDK BA200 then. Reviews seems value for it's price range if in comparison with the UM3X. I do need a relatively good earphones that's not too over pricey and durable for my daily running. It looks like a good fit earphone.

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #44 of 1,509

Quote:
I must have a try for the TDK BA200 then. Reviews seems value for it's price range if in comparison with the UM3X. I do need a relatively good earphones that's not too over pricey and durable for my daily running. It looks like a good fit earphone.

For the price, the TDK BA200 is really good. It's obviously not as good compared to high-end and ultra high-end IEMs, but it is also 2x cheaper. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back